News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

upload avatar error

Started by vsebir, July 04, 2009, 02:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsebir

hy. i have a small problem with my smf forum. in the profile page i ca not upload avatars.

Arantor

What happens? Do you get an error or something?

vsebir

Its not showing any errors, its not uploading the file. The athachments in topics works.

Norv

Can you please check the forum error log also, if you didn't already?
Admin > forum error log.

Is uploading avatars enabled from admin control panel,  avatars settings?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

vsebir

Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type  Type of error: Critical
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://vs-r.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;save
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: file_hash
Function: profileSaveAvatarData
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/vsrcom/public_html/forum/Sources/Profile-Modify.php
Line: 2589

this is the error. if it helps i can give you the error log file

Arantor

Grab the 2.0RC1-1 update file, extract updateDatabase.php out of it, upload that to the same place as Settings.php, then browse to it - e.g. if your forum is in mysite.com/forum, browse to mysite.com/forum/updateDatabase.php.

The problem is that it is missing the column that should have been applied in the 2.0RC1-1 update.

vsebir

I dont find updateDatabase.php . i foun this files
upgrade_1-0.sql
upgrade_1-1.sql
upgrade_2-0_mysql.sql
upgrade_2-0_postgresql.sql
upgrade_2-0_sqlite.sql

Arantor

There are more files in there than that in the 1.1.9/2.0 patch. Which file did you download exactly?

Norv

Strange, I cannot find the file updateDatabase.php in either smf_2-0-rc1-1_update.zip or smf_2-0-rc1-1_upgrade.zip (both downloaded a few weeks ago), I would have expected it to be there though.
I wonder if all packages really contain it, and I am not seeing it given the early coffee.

Please, use the attached file.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

vsebir

Yesterday i have downloaded the both smf  2.0 RC1-1 upgrade archives, and i didn't find the update.database file

vsebir

:D now its working, but it shows avatars oversized, very  very big, from where i can change that?

Norv

Check out the options at Admin > Forum > Attachments and avatars > Avatar settings

vsebir

I have changed the width and the height to 72 but no result

Norv

Please take a look at all options there, and eventually make a screenshot with them, for us to see, in case it still doesn't work.
For example, Uploadable avatars > "Resize oversized large avatars" is checked?

vsebir

It helps if i make an new update just to repair errors

Norv

It might help.
If you don't have mods, you could take the large upgrade package and upload the files on your server, overwriting your files. There's no need to run the upgrade script, I think.

On another note, do you still have errors in the error log when you try to upload the avatar, and if so, what error(s)?

vsebir

it helps if i give you my forum error log file?

Norv

vsebir

you gone see many errors generated because i work to modify the wireless template

Norv

Nothing in the log. :(
But is the full log? It ends on July 4th, so it seems that the error you posted yesterday does not exist in this file, are you sure there aren't a few more days with errors?

Advertisement: