News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Customize site goes international

Started by SleePy, July 05, 2009, 08:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

As our ongoing effort to help internationalize SMF, we have added multi-language support to the customize site. This means, that soon (it could be now!) you will find the customize site translated into your language.
Our language translators have already started translating and the first pieces of translations where just added today. If you want to help out with translating, please see our announcement topic in regards to details of how to join.

So what do you have to do? Well nothing (Say isn't that easy). The customize site uses your selected language from your profile. This also includes our language drop down located on the community forums.

While we have translated the customize site into other languages, we still will expect mod and theme authors to be able to speak enough English with our Customize team. This doesn't affect those using customizations although.

Please do not give me to much credit for this, all I did was add a couple lines of code into the customize site in order to give it multi-language. It is our translators who are working to help translate the customize site. So please give them the thanks and kudos for their work.

As a final note. We are working on adding language support for our main site. But this is a work in progress currently.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

GravuTrad

why this here? it's a news! lol A great news! Thanks sleepy. ;)
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Sharp Spike

Kudos to all of them, this is great news.

DP
People say I don't listen or something...crazy.

N3RVE

Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Nibogo

First of all thanks SMF Team and Internationalizers for this great help for the non-english users but really I have to say that the spanish_latin version needs to be pulished. I mean look this screenshot:

Looks horrible! also some words are not property translated I mean you see "Ultimo Modificado" that should be: "Última Modificación" this happend in a lot of parts, will be nice if someone check and re-edit that strings ;)

GravuTrad

had you tell it to spanish translators? the job published is their

German_AC

Quote from: NIBOGO on July 07, 2009, 10:40:33 AM
Looks horrible! also some words are not property translated I mean you see "Ultimo Modificado" that should be: "Última Modificación" this happend in a lot of parts, will be nice if someone check and re-edit that strings ;)

What you think is horrible?

The entries you named are already fixed, but it takes a time for changes to be reflected in the site.

I think that a better way would be that you let us know in translation forum.

Regards.

Artificial intelligence is not a rival for natural stupidity.

Nibogo

Quote from: German_AC on July 07, 2009, 06:23:35 PM
Quote from: NIBOGO on July 07, 2009, 10:40:33 AM

What you think is horrible?

The entries you named are already fixed, but it takes a time for changes to be reflected in the site.

I think that a better way would be that you let us know in translation forum.

Regards.

Well if you check the screenshot the layout was horrible, also I can't access to that forum I am a moderator not translator ;)

Anyway hope you fix it and thanks SMF Team

GravuTrad

Quote from: German_AC on July 07, 2009, 06:23:35 PMI think that a better way would be that you let us know in translation forum.

yes like said nibogo, think about the feedbacks about translations won't be in this forum, but in local ones... ;)

German_AC

Quote from: NIBOGO on July 07, 2009, 06:42:24 PM
Well if you check the screenshot the layout was horrible, also I can't access to that forum I am a moderator not translator ;)

Well, I don't want to argue with you, but I think it might be a problem with your screen resolution cause I don't see it that way. Take a look:

Nibogo

Quote from: GravuTrad on July 07, 2009, 07:06:41 PM
Quote from: German_AC on July 07, 2009, 06:23:35 PMI think that a better way would be that you let us know in translation forum.

yes like said nibogo, think about the feedbacks about translations won't be in this forum, but in local ones... ;)

I can't access to that forum and I don't know how are the spanish translators of SMF

Quote from: German_AC on July 07, 2009, 07:24:51 PM
Quote from: NIBOGO on July 07, 2009, 06:42:24 PM

Well, I don't want to argue with you, but I think it might be a problem with your screen resolution cause I don't see it that way. Take a look:

1440x900 on Firefox 3.5, no way

German_AC

Quote from: NIBOGO on July 07, 2009, 07:52:09 PM
1440x900 on Firefox 3.5, no way

Well, I'm on 1280x1024 on Firefox 3.5 an works fine.

TheListener

Lets hope that authors supporting their mods improves too.

GravuTrad

to nibogo and other people who wants do remarks about translations, don't hesit to post on your language support forum, with a pm to the internationalizers linked to your post.

German_AC

Spanish_latin is already actualized. If you see any other glitches, PM me. Thanks.

Trekkie101

British done, not much work in that :)

Although would be cool to have the page title tag, and the categories to translate.

SleePy

That is controlled by our site language files Trekkie. Which as of yet are not translatable.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: