News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

looking to convert from ikonboard to smf

Started by puretone, May 25, 2009, 11:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puretone

Hello. I have ikonboard but I'm not happy with it. I would like to convert my forums over to SMF but still keep all my posts and members. Is it possible to convert Ikonboard to SMF?

TLBSupport

Hi Puretone,
This is your lucky day, i just converted my ib_ 3.12a site to SMF with the expert help of Sleepy, I think he is just finishing off an update to the existing convert script and its worth waiting for him to respond.
The exisiting script doesnt address the calendar, membergroups or permissions, i have just completed a marathon convert where sleepy got it all working, just last week.

What version if ib_ are you running, how many members and how many posts do you have, out of interest

SleePy

The ikon converter on the downloads page should contain the latest code. I made the changes and saved them to svn before 1.1.9 was released. So they should be up there.

If not, I attached the file
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

TLBSupport

we should have a "u da man of the house" award me thinks

H

puretone, did you manage to successfully use the converter that Sleepy has posted? :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: