how not to lose your forum URL

Started by _xXxSLASH3RxXx_, July 08, 2009, 10:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_xXxSLASH3RxXx_

:)

I lost my website URL plenty of times till i realized something heres 3 ways not to lose it

1.Add it to favorites in your web browers
2.a email should be sent to ur email address with your webhost XD
3.this requires a Brain of course with good memory remember your site's URL XD easier to remember with .com or .org or .tk

Yigal

Thanks for the advise...lol

Or just stick it on your desktop :P
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

septa/njt rider

wow, completely different from what i do....

see, my site uses a sub domain because i'm too cheap to buy one :-[ so i find a way to remember the whole thing...

it's a forum about New Jersey transit, so it's njtransitforums

and we tend to use the off topic section and just talk for the heck of it, and the sub domain url is talk4fun.net

basically, my url describes my site and it helps a lot when i have to remember it, but here's another thing you could do...

if you use a browser like Firefox that searches your history as you type your url, you can just type the title for your site, and it'll check your history and give you some help as to typing url

i.e, if i type NJ Transit Forums, it shows the title, and under it it shows my domain, it helped me a lot too

Yigal

Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support

cha5e

I don't think it shouldn't be too hard to keep track of your websites domain name if you own it?? lol

[Core]

QuoteOr just stick it on your desktop

Yea that would be best in my opinion :P.

Yigal

Quote from: [<Sharp>] on July 09, 2009, 02:51:37 PM
QuoteOr just stick it on your desktop

Yea that would be best in my opinion :P.

Well I would recommend also sticking it everywhere your computer or write it down somewhere if you're some kind of clutz :P
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

[Core]

AlexIsaacs

JeremyB.

Save it on your Desktop, Bookmark it, or write it down is all I can think of though I don't really know how you lose it unless it's a REALLY hard name to remember.

-JB
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

AlexIsaacs

Quote from: JeremyB. on July 10, 2009, 08:42:10 PM
Save it on your Desktop, Bookmark it, or write it down is all I can think of though I don't really know how you lose it unless it's a REALLY hard name to remember.

-JB
In which case you need to find a new URL.

JeremyB.

Yes, not a very good idea to have a complicated forum URL. Which probably won't be to successful either.

-JB
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

septa/njt rider

Quote from: cha5e on July 09, 2009, 02:12:33 PM
I don't think it shouldn't be too hard to keep track of your websites domain name if you own it?? lol
If you're like me and had too many sites.... it's best to use this....

AlexIsaacs

Quote from: septa/njt rider on July 11, 2009, 08:25:10 PM
No, losing URLs doesn't happen to normal people with normal URLs lmao.

septa/njt rider

Quote from: Spektral on July 11, 2009, 09:32:55 PM
Quote from: septa/njt rider on July 11, 2009, 08:25:10 PM
No, losing URLs doesn't happen to normal people with normal URLs lmao.
true, lol... i'm a cheap face :$

_xXxSLASH3RxXx_

OMG this is like the first time 5 or 6 people replyed to my post without insults :D thxs anyway  XD And if you got gmail i bought a premuim host pack so i they sent me my account details & I STARRED it so its save :D lol

Liam.

I have the URL to my site here:

On My Desktop
As My Homepage
On Google
In My Favorites
Bookmarked Into My History - Even If I Clear My Cookies, This Will Stay Here.
A Link In My Toolbar At The Top Of My Browser

And I can remember it off by heart. If you can't remember your own URL, you have some issues, every webmaster should be able to remember their own site URL.

_xXxSLASH3RxXx_

Quote from: iKorp on July 13, 2009, 02:48:51 AM
I have the URL to my site here:

On My Desktop
As My Homepage
On Google
In My Favorites
Bookmarked Into My History - Even If I Clear My Cookies, This Will Stay Here.
A Link In My Toolbar At The Top Of My Browser

And I can remember it off by heart. If you can't remember your own URL, you have some issues, every webmaster should be able to remember their own site URL.

TRUE :D i hv a site it has a sub & i dnt log any more but the url is long & i still know it :D (2 yrs ago)

Arantor

If it's too hard to remember, people won't necessarily come back. But for sites that people will be going to repeatedly bookmarking is the way to go.

Advertisement: