News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

how not to lose your forum URL

Started by _xXxSLASH3RxXx_, July 08, 2009, 10:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeremyB.

"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

_xXxSLASH3RxXx_

Sharp.Shot

Not much really I can think of than what has already been stated but obvious to anyone even if it wasn't posted here,

Save it on your computer somewhere, bookmark it if you use multiple browsers bookmark it in all of them, write it down a keep it some where where you can find it and won't loose it, don't choose such a hard URL to remember make it short sweet and on point, if possible use a proper domain of .com .net .org ect which makes it more easy to remember and better looking to users well that's about al I can think of if you do all that and still lose it you probably need to get advice somewhere else.
QuoteMicrosoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

_xXxSLASH3RxXx_

lol but theres no other way see..im on my laptop it came with a eRecovery disk(laptop Acer 5515) & i wanted to reinstall vista so i did i forgot my url to my website i went on my youtube account  lol my url was there :D & in my gmail email to i starred it though lol  :D so i know my url

septa/njt rider

Quote from: xXArmedTwist3dXx on July 19, 2009, 07:07:28 PM
lol but theres no other way see..im on my laptop it came with a eRecovery disk(laptop Acer 5515) ...
dude, i have the same model laptop!

_xXxSLASH3RxXx_

septa/njt rider

[Hurricane]

How not to lose your forum URL?

How do you lose it in the first place any Owner of a forum should be able to remember there OWN website URL, if some how you forget it that's a deffinate sign you need to re-think your forum name choosing, but on main point of this topic.
You should bookmark it in your internet browser(s), create a shortcut on your desktop, write it down somewhere where you won't lose it, ask one of your existing members maybe? It's also not the best idea when making your forum to have a long sub-domain or just one that's hard to remember keep you domain short and sweet and you shouldn't lose it, it's common sense in my opinion.

-[Hurricane]

_xXxSLASH3RxXx_

Quote from: [Hurricane] on July 24, 2009, 06:14:41 PM
How not to lose your forum URL?

How do you lose it in the first place any Owner of a forum should be able to remember there OWN website URL, if some how you forget it that's a deffinate sign you need to re-think your forum name choosing, but on main point of this topic.
You should bookmark it in your internet browser(s), create a shortcut on your desktop, write it down somewhere where you won't lose it, ask one of your existing members maybe? It's also not the best idea when making your forum to have a long sub-domain or just one that's hard to remember keep you domain short and sweet and you shouldn't lose it, it's common sense in my opinion.

-[Hurricane]

xD Alot of people forget there site's URL..& yes i kno lmfao

[Hurricane]

Hi,

Not being rude but why exactly in every reply/topic you make you have to put "Lmfao, xD, Lol, O_o" in it you should really and more content to your posts and make them sound like a legitiment reply I do not care to much for people who only reply like that, nor do I like reading there replys.

-[Hurricane]

_xXxSLASH3RxXx_

I don't know what website you go on but every website's & forums i go on they put "lol" "lmfao"  1 is because you either work for a corporation  or your 18 or 49 Years old........Because im a gamer i play ps3,psp you probably just a CEO.So learn to respect that i don't question people the way they spell.& yes that was rude.

Quote from: [Hurricane] on July 24, 2009, 09:29:19 PM
Hi,

Not being rude but why exactly in every reply/topic you make you have to put "Lmfao, xD, Lol, O_o" in it you should really and more content to your posts and make them sound like a legitiment reply I do not care to much for people who only reply like that, nor do I like reading there replys.

-[Hurricane]

Relemar

Its kinda impossible to forget an URL;

try and forget mine http://www.techos.co.uk/forums

ha :)

_xXxSLASH3RxXx_

yea but most the people i kno forgets there site's url or even there favorite

Advertisement: