News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrading problem

Started by toulipa, July 20, 2009, 05:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toulipa

hi iam new here...i became today admin to a forum ...ti uses simple machines....i saw that the version of the forum is 1.1.7....i wanted to upgrade it to the last version...i go to announcements center...i try to update to latest version but 3 errors occured...
action:    smf_1-1-7_to_1-1-8_patch.mod description :modification parse error
action :smf_1-1-8_can_fail.xml description : the same as above...
action : -       description : the same again...

then i try to make a update to 1.1.8...i go to installed packages...and i see under the mod name the following : 1.     SMF 1.0.16 / 1.1.8 Update....
BUT as i say...the administration center writes me that i have 1.1.7 version....i thought that maybe the other admins have installed some parts of the 1.18 version so i get and the first three errors with last update installation....so i press the button unistall right on the 1.     SMF 1.0.16 / 1.1.8 Update....but it says me that there is no unistallers....
if you want to give you info about brances and other things just say me...

N3RVE

Create a directory under ./Packages on the server (./Packages/temp) and chmod both the Packages and temp directories to 0777 and attempt to install the patch again. You can do the above using an FTP Client.
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

toulipa

the directory ./packages is only on server or i can handle the command by my pc...iam admin but i am restricted to the all admin commands in the site of the forum....i think only the owner of the site has the server...:S:S:S ...

P.S: sorry for my bad english but iam new to the administration of these things

N3RVE

Well, you need Server access, at lease FTP. Get the administrator to come to us :).

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: