Krisbarteo attac consequences

Started by Ashhh, July 09, 2009, 10:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashhh

Forum is 1.1.4 version.
We have krisbarteo attack.
I scaned with kbscan tool and have a lot of infected files, and in most of them I must delete  malicius code .
I run repair_settings after ...
Before everything I deleted krisbarteo user, banned him and his IP adress, and check in database if is something with his user ID.
Now I have problems with forum, i can't logout, can't answer to post, can't quote posts, ...when I click on button "submit" any of those actions I get blank screen, like program has some endless loop.

I must Upgrade forum, that is my next step, but I'm afraid will this solved my problem?

Please help.... :'(

JBlaze

Hello,

You can try the Large Upgrade. Simply download the package, unzip it on your HD, then FTP it all to your server, overwriting all files.

Then, navigate to http://www.mysite.com/forum/upgrade.php

This will upgrade your forum to 1.1.9 and will install fresh files. You will have to re-install any mods that you may have installed.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Ashhh

With youre help and with helpfull reading from  forum articles, I upgrade my forum and it works. Thanks!

But some features don't work as they should:

Post preview(it fetching but never shows anything), quick replay quote( endless loop), and most importing verification - verification letters do not work after upgrade .

Can anyone help again?

N3RVE

Providing a link to your forum will help :)

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

N3RVE

Post a link to your site here, please :)

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Ashhh

Solved. I use file_check.php, and find some errors, fix it and now everything works. Thanks !  :)

Advertisement: