Started by Fussilet, July 09, 2009, 09:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fussilet

.popuptext {
            color: #f5f5f5;
            backgorund: #202020;
}

psixanwmalos

Hello my friends. Since its my first message i'd like to give some congrats for your free software

EDIT: i cant post external links so please glue the letters together. I am not posting external links for promotion i just need your help

I am using 1.1.12 version and the As Theme.
My forum is this:
mixingtips .org /forum/

I want to remove the picture that says "As theme - Fussilet Themes for Simple Machines Forum" on the top left corner of the page.
And want to add this instead: dl. dropbox. com/u/10887141/ole.png]

Any help on how to achieve this?

P.S: i would be grateful if you could tell how to change the link colors, background color and how to remove the annoying scrollbar that appears on each post. You can't even scroll it but its still there!! 
See for yourself! mixingtips. org/ forum/index.php?topic=136.0

Thanks a lot!

jekwumoore

Google adsense placement for this theme?

when I place my google ads in the same way I did with my default smf theme, It messes up my template.

Could you tell me how to place google ads for this particular theme? thanks
we rule the world

jekwumoore

Is this forum log related to your theme?

Unable to load the 'ThemeStrings.english' language file.

This error logs gets in whenever a load a page, any solution to this
we rule the world

jekwumoore

solved!
I went to my index.template.php file and found

// load custom language strings
   loadLanguage('Themestrings');

then I replaced it with
// load custom language strings
   loadLanguage('Themes');

No more error logs piling up
we rule the world

AceTW

Good day all.  A friend is using this theme as his default, and so far it's AWESOME!

There is a question he asked me about (I know a little more about modding SMF than he does), and I am going to need help fixing it.

He wants his logo (top of every screen) to be centered instead of offset left.  I've tried the normal array of 'center your logo' fixes, such as adding <div align="center"></div> and <center></center> tags to both this theme's index.template.php and the default (core) template's, but the logo stays justified left.

On this theme, what should work in getting that logo centered?

I just found where the logo is called from in style.css.
#header{position:relative; height:106px; overflow:hidden; background: #111111 url(./images/head.png) repeat-x;}
#head-r{height:106px; background: #111111 url(./images/head.png) 0 0 no-repeat; position:relative}
#head-l{height:106px; background: #111111 url(./images/head.png) 100% 0 no-repeat; position:relative}
#logo {
position: absolute;
top: 0px;
left: 225px;
display: block;
width: 800px;
height: 106px;
cursor: pointer;
background: url(./images/BBR_Banner_A.png) no-repeat;
}

I made the one change up there for "left: 225px;" from 0px, and that got it centered on my screen, but I need a permanent solution that will work an any screen.

impreza

Very nice template - again
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

knagl

Quote from: AceTW on January 20, 2011, 01:16:28 PM
On this theme, what should work in getting that logo centered?

I just found where the logo is called from in style.css.

I just got it figured out, thanks to this page.

You're in the right spot in the css -- make the following changes/additions:

left:50%;
margin-left:-223px;

(Note, that margin-left line that you add, the value should be "negative" half the value of the width of the logo.  If you're using a 446px wide logo (the default size), then that value (as shown) is -223.  If you were using an 800px wide graphic, make the value -400.)

rob54

I've found this theme in use on the Avast forum and I really like it there.

I'm using 1.1.13. Will 'As' work on that?

Also when the stable release of 2.0 is around, assuming it will be possible to upgrade via simplemachines, is it likely this theme will also be OK for that?

knagl

I'm running As on my site with 1.1.13 and it's great.  I believe the author, Fussilet, has created a new version of As for 2.0 (a paid template, however -- US $6 which seems very reasonable to me -- details here).  I don't have any idea about upgrading your 1.1.13 version to 2.0 -- I'm hoping it'll be a long time before I have to worry about doing that.  :)

rob54

Thank you. I installed it on my forum.

I didn't realise that the Avast forum where I saw it first, had been modified a lot so that the message window, help popup and spell check appears with a white background and dark text to make it easily readable. The unmodified theme help and spell check is impossibly dark. I tried adding the css addition posted by Fussilet to the end of the css file to no effect. Maybe it should go in a specific place - could someone enlighten me please.

knagl

Quote from: rob54 on May 14, 2011, 09:23:27 AM
I tried adding the css addition posted by Fussilet to the end of the css file to no effect.

My memory is a little fuzzy on this.  Make sure it reads exactly (and only) as was posted in reply #40.  Check your pop-up help windows.  Are those working now, or are they still having background issues, too?

If the help windows work with that code, then check out my reply #37 for a link to what I did to make the spell checker window background work correctly.  If the help windows are NOT currently working, then check that you typed the code correctly and placed it inside style.css.

Also, and unrelated to the background color issue, if your forum error log is filling up with messages that say, "Unable to load the 'ThemeStrings.english-utf8' language file.", perform the fix mentioned in reply #17.

rob54

Quote from: knagl on May 14, 2011, 03:35:32 PM
Quote from: rob54 on May 14, 2011, 09:23:27 AM
I tried adding the css addition posted by Fussilet to the end of the css file to no effect.

My memory is a little fuzzy on this.  Make sure it reads exactly (and only) as was posted in reply #40.  Check your pop-up help windows.  Are those working now, or are they still having background issues, too?

If the help windows work with that code, then check out my reply #37 for a link to what I did to make the spell checker window background work correctly.  If the help windows are NOT currently working, then check that you typed the code correctly and placed it inside style.css.

Also, and unrelated to the background color issue, if your forum error log is filling up with messages that say, "Unable to load the 'ThemeStrings.english-utf8' language file.", perform the fix mentioned in reply #17.

I added exactly as #40 by pasting it to the end of the css file. I then noticed some apparent errors in what was provided in that 'background' had been misspelt as 'backgorund', so corrected it. No change, still dark. Then I realised the color and background were inverted, i.e. #f5f5f5 (near white) was for the colour and #202020 (dark grey) for the background, so I inverted them, also to no effect! You said 'inside the style.css'. I placed this on the end. Is that not the right place?

I am also getting the error you mention! But as you say it is unrelated, I just want to get the windows looking readable first before correcting that.

Thanks

knagl

My code is near the top of the style.css file, but it shouldn't matter where it is, so long as it's not within another section of code within the style.css file.

You didn't state whether it's just the spell check background that's still not working, or if it's all pop-up backgrounds.  Change the code and colors back to what Fussilet posted, without the spelling error, then check any help window (any link in the admin pages with a question mark next to a field -- click on a question mark and see if the background of that pop-up window is black or readable).  If the background is fixed on those windows, then try the solution I posted earlier for the spell check window background:

If the help windows work with that code, then check out my reply #37 for a link to what I did to make the spell checker window background work correctly.

rob54

Quote from: knagl on May 15, 2011, 05:49:04 AM
My code is near the top of the style.css file, but it shouldn't matter where it is, so long as it's not within another section of code within the style.css file.

You didn't state whether it's just the spell check background that's still not working, or if it's all pop-up backgrounds.  Change the code and colors back to what Fussilet posted, without the spelling error, then check any help window (any link in the admin pages with a question mark next to a field -- click on a question mark and see if the background of that pop-up window is black or readable).  If the background is fixed on those windows, then try the solution I posted earlier for the spell check window background:

If the help windows work with that code, then check out my reply #37 for a link to what I did to make the spell checker window background work correctly.

OK I changed the code back as you describe. (I use IE8 by the way). Did a Ctrl-F5 - no change still dark on dark. Then opened up in Opera and got the help popup with near black background and white text. I then returned to IE8, completely cleared the cache and got help popups with white text on a near black background. The spell check remains dark on dark. I don't understand why Ctrl-F5 failed to clear the cache.

Regarding the spell check window, before I go and change the /Themes/default/Post.template.php file, I find I have that file there and another with a '~' after the php. Which one needs changing, and why are there loads of other files also ending in ~? Also will the changes affect other theme's help windows?

Thanks.

knagl

I would presume that you should change the one that does not have the tilde (the ~) in the file name.  I'm not well enough versed in SMF to tell you why the other files are there, nor can I answer your question about editing that file affecting other themes.  I only use one theme on my forum so it was never a consideration for me.

rob54

Hi,

I chamged the file without the tilde successfully so the spell check looks OK. I inverted the colors for a white background and black text. I also changed the header colour to white and made a white logo on my own.

All I'd like now is to make the message entry window so it has a light background. I don't know where to find that. Then I'll be well pleased.

Thanks for your help.

knagl

Quote from: rob54 on May 16, 2011, 07:37:33 PM
All I'd like now is to make the message entry window so it has a light background. I don't know where to find that. Then I'll be well pleased.

It's in style.css .  You'll need to refresh (F5) after you save the change to see it appear in your forums.

/* Input boxes - just a bit smaller than normal so they align well. */
input, textarea, button
{
   color: #000;
   font-family: Geneva, verdana, sans-serif;
   background: #EDEAE4;
   border: 1px solid #000;
   padding: 2px;
}
input, button
{
   font-size: 90%;
}
textarea
{
   font-size: 100%;
   color: #000;
   font-family: Geneva, verdana, sans-serif;
   background: #666666;
}

rob54

Thanks you. I have got it and looking as I want it now - just about!

knagl

You're welcome.  Good luck with your forum.  8)

Advertisement: