News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

YaBB 1.4 Conversion Worked, but fails

Started by Elkaholic, April 05, 2005, 03:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkaholic

I converted a YaBB 1 Gold 1.4 and all conversions seem fine, except the messages. All converted, users, Forum Categories, IM, but no boards, or messages. The converter gave no errors. Any help??
Thanks

[Unknown]

Did you have a lot of mods installed?

-[Unknown]

Elkaholic

Yes I do, too many in fact LOL. I have a bunch installed, do you have any ideas as to wich mods don't play fair with the conversion?

[Unknown]

I'm afraid I've only tested it with a "vanilla" install of YaBB.

Do you know which mods you have installed mess with the data files significantly?  If I can get a good idea of which, I should be able to test them.

I know that the converter, currently, chokes and dies on heavily modded YaBB installations.

-[Unknown]

Elkaholic

Figured It out, I was missing two TXT files in my Yabb Boards dir. Once they had been replaced it worked great!!

Dorte

I have a similar Problem with YaBB 1.1 :) the user accounts and personal messages are copied to SMF, Categories and Boards and Posts aren't. :(
I have several mods installed.
So, my question:
Do you think it would help if I upgraded to 1.4 (clean, no mods) and then tried to convert again? Or are the text files themselves "damaged" so that conversion wouldn't make any sense?
I've been using YaBB for a long time now but I don't know much about coding. My other forum runs brilliantly on SMF, that's why I want to convert.

[Unknown]

Well, if you can tell me what format your boards files are in, that would help...

-[Unknown]

Dorte

I have  YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1 with the YaBB.pl version

Or rather, I did update to  YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.4 because I thought it might help with converting but apparantly it doesn't.
The users and private messages are being converted but the categories and boards aren't.
any ideas would be highly appreciated :)

Edit:
The Converter claims that there are no problems at all:
Converting membergroups... successful.
Converting members... successful.
Converting settings... successful.
Converting personal messages... successful.
Converting boards and categories... successful.
Converting mark read data... successful.
Converting topics (part 1)... successful.
Converting topics (part 2)... successful.
Converting notifications... successful.
Converting posts (part 1 - this may take some time)... successful.
Converting posts (part 2)... successful.
Converting posts (part 3)... successful.
Recalculating forum statistics (part 1)... successful.
Recalculating forum statistics (part 2)... successful.

Dorte

Alright, I gave it another try - uninstalled smf, re-installed, tried to convert again, same thing BUT this time I got an error message
QuoteConverting posts (part 1 - this may take some time)...
Warning: file(*full path edited out*/cgi-bin/Messages/1.txt) [function.file]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in *full path edited out*/aaa/yabb_to_smf.php on line 1493
successful.

[Unknown]

Interesting.  That makes it sound like the files in the Messages directory are not, at least, 644.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: