News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Blocking users from registering with a NULL IP

Started by ((Kakashi)), July 12, 2009, 12:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

((Kakashi))

I haven't seen this one before, but I noticed a new guest on my quilting forums that has been able to register with no IP/Hostname. For security reasons I'd like to be able to denied folks from being able to do this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SAFAD

He Might Be Using A Proxy !
Am Not Sure How To Fix
But Am Sure Where To Fix : Htaccess
Let Me Search A Little Then Report Back
Best Regards
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

mandukar

The only option for this is to set your forum to member aproval, which means then you would be able to aprove or decline members access before they can login. you can do this by

admin - registeration - settings. set the "Method of registration employed for new members" to member aproval. now everytime a new member registers you will have to aprove them.

admin - members - Awaiting Approval  and then tick the member. you get 4 options,
"aprove" which will just aprove them.
"aprove and send mail" (which will send a noiftication saying there account has been  aproved)
"reject" which will just reject your member access.
"reject and send mail" (which will send a notifcation of there rejection) "aprove and require member activation" which will aprove there membership but they will have to click on a link thats sent to there email inbox (sometimes junk mail if filters are on in there email account.)

H

What did the IP appear as? Often it can indicate a configuration issue
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: