News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Fight Spam

Started by babjusi, July 12, 2009, 07:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babjusi

Link to Mod

This mod will convert all the links posted from users under a minum post count into invalid links.

i.e. http://www.spamlink.com/ will become xxx: xxx: spamlinkxxx: /

This is ideal to fight the recent wave of human spammers.

You can enable and disable the mod from the acp of your forum, where you can also enter the minimum number of posts for your users in order to post valid links.

You can also choose which MemberGroups and/or individual user or users can bypass the limit.

For more info, please check the screenshots attached.

Norv

Wow, nice one! Thanks, something like this was asked more than once under the recent circumstances!
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Hassan_the best

babjusi

Thanks for your feedbacks everyone, appreciate them :)

MF30

Sabre™

Thorough mod!
I like your member group addition options.

Very good, and thanks :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

JeremyB.

"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

gregh

just saying thanks, no other mod seems to every stop spammers, but this at least negates what they post!

bfallgren

I am having a bit of a problem with the member group option. It works fine when I specify one member group, but when I specify anymore than that it stops working. I inputted them with commas as suggested and that does not work for me at all.

I am currently running SMF 1.1.10

babjusi

Quote from: bfallgren on September 01, 2009, 04:58:33 PM
I am having a bit of a problem with the member group option. It works fine when I specify one member group, but when I specify anymore than that it stops working. I inputted them with commas as suggested and that does not work for me at all.

I am currently running SMF 1.1.10

Can you have a look now and let me know?

bfallgren

I get this error while trying to post:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '(' in /Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 213

Anarchology

I can't manage to download the mod. Has it been removed for one reason or another, or am I missing something? Thanks!

freekje

Cant download,

its gone...

can someoen pm me?

dumblonde

yes MOD has disappeared cant download...

Anarchology

Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone has found out anymore info on why the MOD is missing? Does anyone have a copy of it? Thanks!

jswift

Hi!

This mod doesnt seem to be available anymore from the download page. Could someone send me a copy please?

Thanks!

Sabre™

hmmm
Unsure why it isn't there.
I'll remove the attached file when asked.

removal requested
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

toonytoony2004

Please.
I have problem when auto install this MOD.

Please tell me how Manual Install Instructions for SMF  1.1.10

Thanks.

Sabre™

Upload the mod [HERE], select smf version 1.1.9(the parser hasn't been updated for 1.1.10, but that doesnt matter), click "view information" and follow the directions

toonytoony2004

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 10, 2009, 10:14:13 AM
Upload the mod [HERE] [nofollow], select smf version 1.1.9(the parser hasn't been updated for 1.1.10, but that doesnt matter), click "view information" and follow the directions

Oh Thanks you very much.  :) :)

Sabre™

My pleasure, good luck :)

toonytoony2004

Sabre™ Please.

I just finish do it manual follow your site that you give to me

It's work..

Thanks very much again

T'oon ^______^

lextalionis

Okay,

This seems to be working on my forum TP 1.0 beta 4 SMF 1.1.10.  I updated the parser xml for 1.1.10 and uploaded and installed...it only complained about sourcedir/ModSettings.php couldn't modify so I manually modified that one and verified the subs-post.php was edited (which it was).  So I've enabled it and it works great; however, it's not allowing or bypassing for both groups and/or individual user accounts.  Seems to only work on post-count.  I've tested with a test account which was addeded to member group "Verified Members" and it's not working.

http://www.motleypixel.com/forum

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Roy

lextalionis

Okay it has been well over 24hrs...anyone who has claimed that this mod works been able to use the "exclude" by membergroups or members when this mod is enabled for N-number post counts?

It works too good right now...no one under the N-number of post limit can post links, even if they are in a member group that's put in the exclude field OR even their user name.

Is this a supported mod?

-Roy

lextalionis

7 days since my first post.  i take it the mod is no longer supported...super idea but again for me...it would not ignore the posting limit for groups or users.

-Roy

saibaworld

This is a great mod. I tried downloading it few minutes ago but there seem to be a problem.
Please where can i download it from?
"The magician and the politician have much in common: they both have to draw our attention away from what they are really doing." - Ben Okri
"The one being carried does not realize how far away the town is." - Nigerian proverb

ANF Forum  ||  Study & Scholarships || Jobs & Careers || The Internist

saibaworld

Ok. I just understood from the replies above that other smf users have not been able to download it either bcos the mod is no longer supported or another similar reason.

Pls i need to know: if i download this mod anyways from the link provided above by Sabre, what will be the implication since it seems the mod is no longer being supported. PLS REPLY B4 I MAKE A MISTAKE ON MY FORUM

Thanks
"The magician and the politician have much in common: they both have to draw our attention away from what they are really doing." - Ben Okri
"The one being carried does not realize how far away the town is." - Nigerian proverb

ANF Forum  ||  Study & Scholarships || Jobs & Careers || The Internist

babjusi

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 29, 2009, 12:08:25 PM
hmmm
Unsure why it isn't there.
I'll remove the attached file when asked.

Can you please remove that fight spam mod that you have uploaded at this topic? Thanks.

babjusi

Quote from: drtonik on January 27, 2010, 10:52:36 PM
Ok. I just understood from the replies above that other smf users have not been able to download it either bcos the mod is no longer supported or another similar reason.

Pls i need to know: if i download this mod anyways from the link provided above by Sabre, what will be the implication since it seems the mod is no longer being supported. PLS REPLY B4 I MAKE A MISTAKE ON MY FORUM

Thanks

There was nothing wrong with the mod. I took it off the download page cos I developed it as a paid mod with extra options for several members here and they didn''t want me to share it as free any more which is understandable.

Sabre™

Ahh yep, removed mate.
We didn't see any mention of anything like that, so I thought it was a glitch.
Thanks for the heads up :)

babjusi

Quote from: Sabre™ on January 28, 2010, 11:26:07 AM
Ahh yep, removed mate.
We didn't see any mention of anything like that, so I thought it was a glitch.
Thanks for the heads up :)

I had totally forgotten about it as recently I haven''t had so much time to log in often here.

Advertisement: