Restricted Debugging

Started by live627, January 23, 2010, 11:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

Link to Mod

Restricted Debugging 1.0 by live627

This mod only allows admins to view the debug info. The forum will behave like normal for everyone else. For instance, if you,as an admin, are working on your site but want no one else to see the queries and what-not, install this mod to accomplish this.

Cal O'Shaw

Hello,

Looks very useful, and glad to see it is limited to Admins only.  However, we have a few other Admins who aren't going to know what to do with this being displayed, and quite frankly, I wouldn't want it showing to me all the time.

Other that constantly installing and uninstalling, is it possible to look at two possibilities, in order fo importance:

1) Add a toggle in the AdminCP to switch on or off.  Ideally in it's own section so it's quick and easy to find.

2) Display a message (to Admins only) up in the Info Box that Debug mode is on but only Admins can see it, and a button to turn it off.  Yes, it should be obvious to the other Admins debug is on, but they may not understand it is INTENTIONAL.  Also, say I lose my connection before switching it off, but another Admin is on elsewhere, making the switch appear in the Info Box (only when debug is on), so the other Admin can turn it off without having to navigate the AdminCP would be useful.

Just something to consider... many thinks for creating this MOD.

Cal

Joker™

awesome mod bro .... i use to play alot with my forum ....and its really helping me alot

thanx for the g8 mod
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: