News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Fight Spam

Started by babjusi, July 12, 2009, 07:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babjusi

Link to Mod

This mod will convert all the links posted from users under a minum post count into invalid links.

i.e. http://www.spamlink.com/ will become xxx: xxx: spamlinkxxx: /

This is ideal to fight the recent wave of human spammers.

You can enable and disable the mod from the acp of your forum, where you can also enter the minimum number of posts for your users in order to post valid links.

You can also choose which MemberGroups and/or individual user or users can bypass the limit.

For more info, please check the screenshots attached.

Norv

Wow, nice one! Thanks, something like this was asked more than once under the recent circumstances!
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Hassan_the best

babjusi

Thanks for your feedbacks everyone, appreciate them :)

MF30

Sabre™

Thorough mod!
I like your member group addition options.

Very good, and thanks :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

JeremyB.

"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

gregh

just saying thanks, no other mod seems to every stop spammers, but this at least negates what they post!

bfallgren

I am having a bit of a problem with the member group option. It works fine when I specify one member group, but when I specify anymore than that it stops working. I inputted them with commas as suggested and that does not work for me at all.

I am currently running SMF 1.1.10

babjusi

Quote from: bfallgren on September 01, 2009, 04:58:33 PM
I am having a bit of a problem with the member group option. It works fine when I specify one member group, but when I specify anymore than that it stops working. I inputted them with commas as suggested and that does not work for me at all.

I am currently running SMF 1.1.10

Can you have a look now and let me know?

bfallgren

I get this error while trying to post:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '(' in /Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 213

Anarchology

I can't manage to download the mod. Has it been removed for one reason or another, or am I missing something? Thanks!

freekje

Cant download,

its gone...

can someoen pm me?

dumblonde

yes MOD has disappeared cant download...

Anarchology

Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone has found out anymore info on why the MOD is missing? Does anyone have a copy of it? Thanks!

jswift

Hi!

This mod doesnt seem to be available anymore from the download page. Could someone send me a copy please?

Thanks!

Sabre™

hmmm
Unsure why it isn't there.
I'll remove the attached file when asked.

removal requested
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

toonytoony2004

Please.
I have problem when auto install this MOD.

Please tell me how Manual Install Instructions for SMF  1.1.10

Thanks.

Sabre™

Upload the mod [HERE], select smf version 1.1.9(the parser hasn't been updated for 1.1.10, but that doesnt matter), click "view information" and follow the directions

Advertisement: