News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Inactive Member Group Mover

Started by Thantos, April 05, 2005, 12:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

I must be missing something where does one a sign these from????

Installed it but dont see settings anywhere?

Paul
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

TarantinoArchives

must be in your admin panel in the navi menu to the left. if you use custom templates that might be a slight problem

SaltedWeb

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Gandalf

Hello, nice mod Mike,
is it possible to make it this way:
move people with < X posts when they have registered since Y days and have not posted since

Rule: posts 10, days : 15
if a user is registered, after 15 day from the registration, if he didn't post 10 posts he will be moved...
it's usefull fro leachers where they are always online but have always 0 posts (i have a lot of such members)
thx
Siemens-mobiles.org Visit it and you won't regret it :D

SaltedWeb

I beleive there is already this option under :

QuoteFrom Group To Group
Min Posts
Number of Days Save t

he Member's Groups
Ungrouped MembersModeratorsSite Supporter Ungrouped MembersModeratorsSite Supporter   
says under apply rules.

What version do you have maybe that why you dont see that??

Cozmo

Az

Major question - something that I believe everyone will agree with me on:

Processing members - doing it automatically.

You see when members sign up to the forum it is done instantly (unless otherwise set). With this process members mod the admin has to do it manually. If users get say 30 posts or whatever and then are moved to a 'higher ranked' group (say with access to more boards), they're gonna have to wait until the admin processes them.

Now is there a way to run the process members function on some sort of schedule (say every ten minutes or so) or any other automatic process?

If it can't be done through PHP - how about CRON?

Please would someone help soon - it is the one problem holding back my site.

But hey - thanks for the fantastic mod!

Az

Don't want this thread to die just yet? Any answers?

greyknight17

That would be a nice feature Az.  :)  But couldn't this be done using SMF ranking system (membergroup settings) already?  Or am I overlooking something here?  From what I read, this is more for inactive members and not to advance members to a higher rank.

I finally had some time to play around with this mod myself.  Is there a way to delete those inactive user accounts (besides doing them manually)?  If I want to move only those members who did not make a single post in the last 30 days, do I set it like this:

post 0, days 30

Doesn't look right though since you said post takes precedence and if they posted even once in, say, 60 days ago, it will still not count it.  I just want to delete members who are inactive for 30 days or more.

Thanks.

Thantos

Guys after much thought I'm sorry to say I'm gonna let this project die.  I don't really have the urge to complete it.  If anyone wishes to take it over they have my blessing and I'll try to answer any questions that person might have about the code.  Questions can be directed to [email protected]

Az

Isn't there already an option for deleting inactive users after 30 days (or whatever) is SMF?

Anywho I've bodged this mod so that members put a certain preset code into their 'custom title' in the profile (this can be done with anything in the profile, I could change to signature or whatever easily). When they do this i click process members and the rule checks for the code in their custom title. If it is there, it changes their membergroup, they are then able to access other boards corresponding to that membergroup.

I just want the script to process members itself now, and not wait for me to do it manually - unfortunately i dont know how - it's stupid having to upgrade members manually by running the script.

TarantinoArchives

please dont let this project die. it's so important for larger communities

Nitro

WHAT about ACTIVE Group Mover?

I have installed this MOD and it worked GREAT!!!
Now I want to ONLY send my important messages or other things with the ELITE group of ACTIVE members, so i don't waste my time and resources from my server by sending more than 2000 emails and only 40% are active?

so, if the owner of this MOD can do something to have the option to reverse and move the ACTIVE members to another group, that'd be even MUCH BETTER!!!
let's say you want to create another group only for members who have been active in the last... month, or two weeks or something like that.

watcha think?

this Mod is AWESOME.... you ROCK!!!
MPF Rocks!!!

Nitro

Quote from: MikeMill on April 05, 2005, 12:32:49 PM
Link to Mod

*NOTE:  This mod is still in beta*
This mod allows you to set rules that will move inactive members into predefined membergroups.
The rules can be setup based off of the number of posts and length of time inactive.  The number of posts takes precendance.

Rules can not be created moving anyone into or out of the following groups:
Administrator
Global Moderator
Any Post Count Based Group

Members with permissions to manage membergroups can process the rules at any time by:
Admin -> Manage Inactive Rules ->  View and Process Inactive Members (A list of all the members that will be moved will be displayed at this time) -> Process These Inactive Members

A list will display detailing who was moved, from what group, to what group, and the last time they logged in.

Mike, i found something interesting in your MOD. first of all, it is a fantastic idea and it's working great.
but i think something is not right, i created a rule for people inactive for more than 30 days, as i could not find any  more help as to how to work this thing, so someone signed up last night in my forum and it was moved automatically into the inactive group! now, why? is it going to be moved out again once he starts using his account?

please help me understand better how your MOD works in more details?. thank you.
MPF Rocks!!!

TarantinoArchives

Nitro

ANOTHER ONE MODDER STOPPED!!!!!

OH NO!!!!!!

i think SMF should remove or warn people about MOD authors not working on them any more, or something else!

MAN!

ok, i will have to remove this stuff.
MPF Rocks!!!

TarantinoArchives

i think he posted it here. but somebody really should think about this as a standard SMF feature: creating member groups based on activity/country/gender etc...

Thantos

I am sorry you were confused about its status.  I have editted the description to reflect the change.  Since it was asked if someone had my permission to modify this mod I am hereby releasing this mod, its files and code, into the public domain.

Advertisement: