News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Battle

Started by Chen Zhen, July 13, 2009, 08:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

City Builder,

I am not able to duplicate your issue. Did you manually edit that file prior to the error?
Uninstall the mod, delete it,  upload v1.14 anew and install it again.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Azhtek

I'm actually getting the same thing as City, T_FUNCTION error on line 564.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled version 1.14 of Battle numerous times. My forums are version 2.0.6.
Server is running PHP version    5.2.15.

Nothing in the Battle package has been changed by me, insofar as I know it's all vanilla.

City Builder

Quote from: -Underdog- on January 02, 2014, 12:06:42 AM
City Builder,

I am not able to duplicate your issue. Did you manually edit that file prior to the error?
Uninstall the mod, delete it,  upload v1.14 anew and install it again.

No, no editing of any of the files.
The only thing I wonder about is that I chose to install Battle to the theme that I use for my forums which is the Minecraft theme available on this site.

Oh and yes, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again but still the same error message about line 564

Chen Zhen

Azhtec & City Builder,

I used what's called an anonymous function which is only native to PHP version 5.3+ and this may very well be causing the syntax issue you two are reporting. I will replace v1.14 with an emended version and post here when that task is completed. Thank you for the reports and your patience.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Chen Zhen

Azhtec & City Builder,

I am going to post a link to an emended version. If either of you can test this version prior to me updating the mod I would appreciate the assist & feedback.

Download:
hxxp://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=01603115577764589300
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=1944;id=227575

Changes:
! replaced anonymous function with standard loop & array_multisort for battle points

Please post here to let me know if this has resolved the issue or not.

Regards.

Edit-> Tiny upload link disabled, please use the main package.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

City Builder

Hi,

Yes it's working again without any error messages so I'd say it has been resolved.

Thank you

Chen Zhen

City Builder,

Thanks for testing that out & I'm glad it resolved the issue.

The mod has been updated albeit that same version designation. Only those that had an issue need to use the newer package.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Diego Andrés

I installed battle but I got a DB error, can't get there again now.
The problem is that seems to be perfectly installed but in the package list seems to be uninstalled  :o

Solved, for some reason the package name didn't update in the smf_log_packages table.
So I changed it and then I could install it again because also the mod didn't install :o

Don't know what happened, but I deleted the old Battle tables and installed the new Battle and now is working nice.
So now I'll just upload the old monsters table, because I'm lazy and I don't want to create the monsters again.

Thanks

PD: I don't like that you haven't added the linktree for each subaction.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Azhtek

Quote from: -Underdog- on January 02, 2014, 11:38:38 PM
Azhtec & City Builder,

I am going to post a link to an emended version. If either of you can test this version prior to me updating the mod I would appreciate the assist & feedback.

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=01603115577764589300 [nofollow]

Changes:
! replaced anonymous function with standard loop & array_multisort for battle points

Please post here to let me know if this has resolved the issue or not.

Regards.

Yeah, that's working perfectly now, thank you very much for the assistance and quick response. Great mod, too.

Azhtek

I'm receiving an error on custom explore result pages. Earlier posts from October indicate that this was patched. The error is, "No refreshing is allowed , please go back to Battle Main page". Are you able to offer any advice on a fix?

To refresh memory, you sent me the amended version due to my host using an older version of PHP.

Cheers.

Chen Zhen

Azhtek,

I just tested that action & looked at the file concerned whereas I can not duplicate your issue. As long as you have the new Sources files (Subs-Battle.php specifically in this case) it should be working fine. Keep in mind that you can not use the browser back button nor can you attempt to refresh the page else it will display that message due to the custom session. This is done to thwart cheating in the game whereas you must use the buttons/links on the battle page for it to function.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Compenstine

I just installed Battle last night. I'm using Firefox 26.0. All day today play was fine. For some reason now when I click on "Explore" I get a blank white screen. No Map, No Forum just a white screen.... :P HEEEELLLP LOL

What info can I give you to help you?

I Logged on as a test user and the map shows up fine for them. It just seems to be only my Admin log-in that is having this issue.

Ok I think I found where the issue is. I had set the Global mod permissions to all earlier. Not sure if I had tried to use "Explore" since I made those changes. But, I removed all game permissions for the Global Mod and now the map is showing again.

johnnygee

Hello... Help needed here. I've just installed this mod 'Battle'

Everything seemed to go fine with no reported errors. The mod installed, and reported it added its function but then the screen went white and reports this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home/*******/public_html/my hxxp:domain.com/Sources/BattleQuests.php [nonactive] on line 1

Any ideas on how to correct this? Also how do i go about uninstalling it?

cheers

Johnny

Chen Zhen

johnnygee,

If it appeared to install fully and you want to uninstall it then simply do so. Are you not able to use your forum at all?
What version of PHP are you using?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

johnnygee

Hi Underdog, thanks for getting back to me.

I'm using php 5.3.26 and smf 2.0.6

unfortunately I'm unable to use the forum! White screen with reported error. Therefore unable to unistall or do anything. Hope you can help as my back up is corrupt.

Regards Johnny

P.S. it did report that the install went ok, then it reverted to the white screen with error.

Chen Zhen

johnnygee,

Your PHP version is new enough not to cause a syntax also a memory issue would not throw that error. My first thought is that some of the source files may be corrupted. Are you savvy enough to decompress the package on your pc/mac and upload the source files directly to your Sources folder via FTP platform to replace any that are possibly corrupt?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

johnnygee

I take it you're referring to the smf 2.0.6 source files? I can download them and replace them as you request. Although i did a check on the forum just before i installed, and my forum reported no errors. I'll try it later when i get back home and let you know.

Cheers

Johnny

Chen Zhen

johnnygee,

I am only referring to the Source files of the Battle package specifically and not your other SMF files.  I am saying to download the Battle mod, decompress the archive and use your FTP platform to replace only the battle source files. It is easy, the files are in a folder named Sources within the Battle package and those files get put into your forum Sources folder.   Why would you think I was referring to any other files in that folder? You do not have to mess with any other files other than those associated with the Battle mod for this specific process.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Chen Zhen

P.S. it did report that the install went ok, then it reverted to the white screen with error.

johnygee,

Even though you stated it installed fully, did it install without any parse errors from its SMF file edits?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Chen Zhen

johnnygee,

Atm I can not think of why it is throwing a syntax error like that unless a command I used in the mod is disabled in your php.ini (just a guess... ie. @ini_set('memory_limit','64M') ??). Perhaps it might be best if I take a look myself if you would like to grant me temp access? If this is ok send me ftp info and your forum url via a pm.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Advertisement: