News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Battle

Started by Chen Zhen, July 13, 2009, 08:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

mikejezz,

It should have uninstalled properly as the uninstaller removes all files and hooks including the one that adds to the admin array.
You can use tool #1 from this thread: http://webdevelop.comli.com/index.php?topic=67.0
It will remove all database information concerning Battle and also its hooks.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

mikejezz

Sadly it did not.

The mod is no longer under mods list because I deleted the mod, yet the control panel and everything is still there. How I I launch these removal tools?

Chen Zhen

mikejezz,
Install it to let it do the db alterations then uninstall and delete it.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

battle_gamer

I'm playing Battle Game (version 1.13) on 1 site and somehow my stats about other players killed gets reseted quite often (occasionally even during same day (1-2 hrs between logins)) and I want to know if its a bug or something else since other players kill stats don't get reseted as much as mine. Host says that he has nothing to do with it.

Burt

Quote from: battle_gamer on February 08, 2014, 08:01:15 AM
I'm playing Battle Game (version 1.13) on 1 site and somehow my stats about other players killed gets reseted quite often (occasionally even during same day (1-2 hrs between logins)) and I want to know if its a bug or something else since other players kill stats don't get reseted as much as mine. Host says that he has nothing to do with it.

My guess would be that someone don't like you to play Battle there... :D

Not a known bug anyway.

Burt
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

NekoJonez

Quote from: battle_gamer on February 08, 2014, 08:01:15 AM
Dear me. v1.13? Why not update to v1.15 beta?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

battle_gamer

Quote from: Burt on February 08, 2014, 08:29:33 AM
My guess would be that someone don't like you to play Battle there... :D

Not a known bug anyway.

Burt

Many won't like cause I kill them. :P 1 thing is that I resurrect players (only handful play) with my other account (it doesn't lose kill-count) and then kill them with main account, doesn't change anything since even if main account resurrects players then kill-count gets reseted.

Quote from: NekoJonez on February 08, 2014, 02:23:04 PM
Dear me. v1.13? Why not update to v1.15 beta?

1.13 was maybe latest version when host added game ~2 years ago. I'll poke site-admin if he is willing to update to 1.14.

NekoJonez

You guys should use 1.15 beta. It has less bugs and it's quite nice to help the dev .

Twitter
My Blog

Burt

Quote from: NekoJonez on February 08, 2014, 06:26:41 PM
You guys should use 1.15 beta. It has less bugs and it's quite nice to help the dev .

That's true...

Speaking of bugs, we still cannot play the Campaign in the game. We got to display them but when you click the Go button it then goes to the another page that says "no Quest", in which you can't click on the pages as they are not working, but if you hit refresh, then it show the Do Quest button. Then if you click on it, it takes you to "An error has occurred! No refreshing is allowed , please go back to Battle Main page. And that's as far has we have been able to go.

As you click back now it show that you have done the quest but it takes no energy away from you or gives you anything for that matter.

Another problem is that the mod doesn't give the members gold all the time. Most member get 1000 gold only if they log in to the game, while other members get 1000 gold every 10 hours. So now we have members with 20.000 plus gold and other member that can't play any more because they can't afford it.

Also the history log only keeps track of the last 5 actions in the game. Why bother to put a scrollbar next??

It has definitely improved over the previous version, but it is hard to keep the members amused, when they can't play properly...

I'm using 1.14 and with all these problems, I'm not so sure about using a beta versions.... :laugh:
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

Chen Zhen

Burt,

You can not use the browser's back button nor refresh the page else you get an error message with most battle actions. This is purposely set up to thwart cheating and one must use the links provided in the game itself to perform any actions. The campaigns work fine while testing & imo there is perhaps something you are not setting up properly.

A member will only get extra gold if they access battle. The gold bonus does not compound over time.
ie.
Let us say you have it set up to wait 10 hours prior to giving them 1000 gold. If a user plays the game & 10 hours transpires prior to them playing a second time it will give them 1000 gold. However, if they do not play battle until 30 hours pass, they will still only get 1000 gold (not 3000 gold) for that time period. It does not compound and just checks if the allotted time has passed since their last play prior to adding the gold amount. To get 3000 gold in 30 hours they will have to play the game at least once every 10 hours.

I changed the amount of battle history shown to a low number (5) in attempt to speed up page loads (one among many adjustments that were made). I suppose it would be a good idea to allow a setting for this in the Battle config.

To manually change how many shouts and/or history is shown on the Battle template only requires some simple editing.

File: /Sources/Battle.php

find:

battle_get_shouts(5);
    battle_get_hist(5);

... change the 5's to the integers that you prefer.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Burt

Quote from: -Underdog- on February 09, 2014, 10:27:36 PM
Burt,

You can not use the browser's back button nor refresh the page else you get an error message with most battle actions. This is purposely set up to thwart cheating and one must use the links provided in the game itself to perform any actions. The campaigns work fine while testing & imo there is perhaps something you are not setting up properly.

Hi Underdog...

I think you miss read my post. What I'm trying to say is that I only hit the refresh to get to load the page with the button that says "Do Quest". If I don't, it only displays "No Quest" after you hit the word Go. Then after you click on the words "Do Quest" it goes to show you the first part of the quest and when you click continue, only then, it show you the screen like the error page "No refreshing is allowed", but no one is refreshing the page. I only clicked on continue to continue the quest.

A member will only get extra gold if they access battle. The gold bonus does not compound over time.
ie.
Let us say you have it set up to wait 10 hours prior to giving them 1000 gold. If a user plays the game & 10 hours transpires prior to them playing a second time it will give them 1000 gold. However, if they do not play battle until 30 hours pass, they will still only get 1000 gold (not 3000 gold) for that time period. It does not compound and just checks if the allotted time has passed since their last play prior to adding the gold amount. To get 3000 gold in 30 hours they will have to play the game at least once every 10 hours.

I'm afraid that it is not how the mod is working on my site. When I first started the game as Admin two weeks ago, I only looged in maybe three times since, and I have a current balance of 17.165 gold (and rising). Most of my members only get the 1.000 gold, except for a couple that again have a balance of 5000 gold and they have played only once. (as per log) Even by disregarding the two 5000 gold users, I cannot explain to my members how come that the admin has so much gold without playing....At least if it was a way to give gold to the other members, I could share the wealth... :D
Also another couple of members did told me last week that they got 1000 extra gold, as, they got the first set of 1000 when they did click on the shop but then they got given another 1000 gold when they did click from the shop to the explore screen.
(BTW while I was typing this post, my admin gold just went to 19.165, it was 17.165 only ten minutes ago)

Thank for letting me know what to change to expand a bit the history. I think at least 15 events should do i, and thank you for taking the time to reply.

Burt

Chen Zhen

Burt,

The go button is to commence the quest for the first time. It should not be displaying that error message though and atm I am not able to duplicate this issue.

The gold for you members will stay at 1000 until they actually play the game by accessing Battle. The two people with 5000 are most likely the only ones playing the game aside from you (admin as you say). As for your large number of gold it might be that you or another admin/mod edited it within the Battle config. An admin (or membergroup with the permission set) can access Battle admin & adjust stats for any one user, all users or all whom have not yet participated.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Burt

Quote from: -Underdog- on February 10, 2014, 07:39:16 PM
Burt,

The go button is to commence the quest for the first time. It should not be displaying that error message though and atm I am not able to duplicate this issue.

The gold for you members will stay at 1000 until they actually play the game by accessing Battle. The two people with 5000 are most likely the only ones playing the game aside from you (admin as you say). As for your large number of gold it might be that you or another admin/mod edited it within the Battle config. An admin (or membergroup with the permission set) can access Battle admin & adjust stats for any one user, all users or all whom have not yet participated.

I'm going to try for the last time a clean install. First thing I did I un-installed the Battle Game, then to be sure I run your Tool1 and after checking the DB there was still one table left. (see Picture). So I drop the table manually and I'll install the 1.15 beta two that I got from your Site. (Is that right that it recognise it still as 1.14??).
Let see what happen....

Burt

Hello Underdog...

I just finish install a fresh version of Battle (the 1.15 beta 2) and so far this is what I'm up against.

Little Nibble: Most of my members did upload their own avatar, that for obvious reason are NOT store in the same folder as all the other avatar, otherwise they would became available to all other member. So in Battle the avatar doesn't load. not a big deal...

In the Setting I would like to change the value from gold to credits (like the SMF Shop does use), but I can't. If I do then the game stop, because it cannot load, as it  doesn't recognise the string _credits, in the DB.

Another question is:

I did put these setting in the game (as per picture 1).

Picture 2 is what I get when I log into the game as an Admin.

Picture 3 is what a user get when He/she load into the game.

All I would like is for everybody in the game to start with 2000 (gold,credits whatever you want to call them). How can I do this?

I also tried to use the tickbox "Set ALL members to these stats" in the Battle Member page, but when I went to check the other members nothing has changed, they still have 1100 gold.

Where does this 1100 number come from?

I'll stop here now, relax and breathe slowly....

You know, I just would like to play this game..... :D

Thank You

Chen Zhen

Burt,

I will fix all these issues & thank you for the report. For the user stats edit any member within the Battle Admin (Battle Config -> Members -> Wrench), check mark where it says Set ALL members to these stats, confirm the action & then click on save to the bottom right of that template.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Burt

Quote from: -Underdog- on February 11, 2014, 08:08:48 PM

Burt,

I will fix all these issues & thank you for the report. For the user stats edit any member within the Battle Admin (Battle Config -> Members -> Wrench), check mark where it says Set ALL members to these stats, confirm the action & then click on save to the bottom right of that template.

Regards.

Hi Underdog... As I said in my post:

I also tried to use the tickbox "Set ALL members to these stats" in the Battle Member page, but when I went to check the other members nothing has changed, they still have 1100 gold.

Anyway this morning I looged in first thing and NOBODY has touched ANYTHING since last night (I can Guarantee you that) and look at my gold amount in the picture....Is that from what I put in the settings? My setting are still the same as in the picture that I sent you in the other post.

Have fun... :)

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Hey Underdog,

Having some seo issues with Battle, my analyzer is indicating a ton of 302 errors on http://mydomain/index.php?action=battle

a little help
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

NekoJonez

Bob, maybe give the error logs to Underdog at his forum. Plus which version are you using? I'm helping him beta test and in v1.15 beta there are tons of those fixed.

Twitter
My Blog

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: NekoJonez on February 25, 2014, 01:47:15 AM
Bob, maybe give the error logs to Underdog at his forum. Plus which version are you using? I'm helping him beta test and in v1.15 beta there are tons of those fixed.

I'd like to help test it too, but its not creating any errors in the smf log, i'm doing some seo analysis with a tool from my host account... I have my "gold" system monetized so seo is very important to me
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Chen Zhen

Bob Perry,

What are the specific errors? If you are worried about posting paths, xxx out the initial path but post the info I need regarding the errors. ie. battle file names, errors, line numbers, etc.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Advertisement: