News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Battle

Started by Chen Zhen, July 13, 2009, 08:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoalsPlay

Good, FTP file to remove and re-enter without any modification, I make a mistake not know how to solve it ... could you help me?

Here I leave a screenshot.

Thanks and best regards!

Chen Zhen

CoalsPlay,

The template files for this modification are rather large and you will have issues editing them via FTP (pending smaller multiple template files). I suggest that you first do your editing locally (on PC/MAC) and then upload/replace the entire file.  To fix your current issue just upload/replace that template file with the original default template.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

CoalsPlay

That did it. I modified it a bit in my localhost and got, replacing all files in the mod, but just throws me that error, and I have no idea how to do it already ....

Chen Zhen

CoalsPlay,

What do you mean by "That did it."? Problem solved or you give up?

You can always uninstall the mod, delete it from the package manager and then upload & install it anew.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

CoalsPlay

I already solved the error. Just had to edit directly from the FTP.

Now for example, to display in the display.template as an option, I should do?.

I would put it this way: hxxp:prntscr.com/2zqnf2 [nonactive]

But when I put the code: hxxp:prntscr.com/2zqnqu [nonactive]
I looks like this: hxxp:prntscr.com/2zqo5h [nonactive]

And it's not like I have to, to be displayed properly as in the first picture ...

If you could guide me I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

Chen Zhen

CoalsPlay,

I will suggest that you please use bbc code tags to display the code(s) and bbc img tags to display the image(s) with an explanation of exactly what you wish to accomplish.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Chen Zhen

CoalsPlay,

Prior to using the function you are attempting to call, you must have it load the file the function is located in.

ie.

require_once($sourcedir . '/Profile.php');
loadCustomFields($memID);

Also global $sourcedir; needs to be in the global calls at the beginning of that function you are editing (if it is not already there).

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

CoalsPlay

Ya agregué la variable en la zona de variables globales, y en el trozo de código puse el require_once. Ya no me da error, pero no sale nada relacionado con battle.

adjunto 2 fotos. 1 de cuando agregué la variable global, otra del require y otra de como se muestra en el foro.

Chen Zhen

CoalsPlay,

Ensure Enable Battle Against Members is enabled within Admin->Battle->Config.
Failing that clear your SMF error log and attempt to use the custom profiles again. After that look at the error log and use quote tags to show me what it says.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

battle_gamer

Game got updated to 1.14 a while ago and everything has gone smoothly (except too restricting reqs to be able to kill other members) except now I lost 50 member kills (~12 hrs ago I had 51 and now 1) and by the looks of game stats only some got affected.

Also I find it weird that player whois over 10 levels behind me has nearly same amount of monsters kills and only 1000 battlepoints behind me.

NekoJonez

Quote from: CoalsPlay on March 10, 2014, 08:51:53 PM
Ya agregué la variable en la zona de variables globales, y en el trozo de código puse el require_once. Ya no me da error, pero no sale nada relacionado con battle.

adjunto 2 fotos. 1 de cuando agregué la variable global, otra del require y otra de como se muestra en el foro.

I don't want to be THAT guy... but hey, this part of the forum is English. ;).
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

battle_gamer

Okay what's the deal that high level player can't attack against low level player but that low level player can attack against that high level player?

battle_gamer

seems dead board but i ask this still: what happens when reaches level 1000? not that i'm even close yet (lvl 215).

Chen Zhen

Quote from: battle_gamer on March 25, 2014, 04:52:34 PM
Okay what's the deal that high level player can't attack against low level player but that low level player can attack against that high level player?

If the setting is enabled to restrict players from battling members of a lower level then it will behave this way. The lower level player can attack the higher level player but it will be risky since they will most likely perish soon after. You just need to set the level range accordingly. If you adjust the setting to ie. 10 levels then those people who opt to battle higher ranked members will most likely be dead with 1 battle.

what happens when reaches level 1000? not that i'm even close yet (lvl 215).
This depends on the setting for "Ending Level For Battle Points Game (0 to disable)". If it is set to 1000 then the current game will end when someone reaches 1000 points. When a game ends, the winners battle stats will be transferred to the  leaderboard. You can set it to auto reset after XX hours (after the preset max level is reached) or if that setting is at 0 it will wait for an admin to reset the game. When a game is completed (prior to being reset) it will automatically display the Battle stats template which shows the top 10 players + additional stats of the actual winner (bottom right).

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

battle_gamer

so when i reach lvl 1000 (after ~200 days) we all need to start from scratch. that has goods and bads.

Chen Zhen

battle_gamer,

You can set the ending level to 0 which disables that feature. Although personally I do not see the point in playing a game that never ends. Most games have a way in determining an end to them and a winner (ie. higher score,  lower score (<- golf), last person standing, etc.). 

Once the game is reset your members can start again. Since the winner's high score is recorded, others can then strive to beat that score when playing one of the next games.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

battle_gamer

I'm not hosting game, just playing it (only me and 1 other is at least somewhat active).

player.samp

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in Sources/BattleQuests.php on line 1

What does that mean? Everything in that file is found for me in one line and I really have no idea what to check.

It happens to me when I try to view the forum.

Chen Zhen

player.samp,

It sounds as though you are editing the mod's files with an improper editor that is not processing the line endings properly.
Did you attempt to edit the file(s) and then save them? Using an improper editor (and saving the file) will cause syntax errors such as what you have reported.

Download the mod yet again and replace the file with the original.
If you want to edit it for use on your site then use an editor such as Notepad ++ (not Notepad!!).

Here is a link to the editor I spoke of: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.6.7.html

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

battle_gamer

now other player lost his member kills after playing ~1 day so its not just me and that is only affected stat (also total amount of members killed has dropped (naturally)).

total loss of member kills lost is 200+

btw what is chance to get +25 (+1000 actually) attack vs +400 (actually 500 - 200) money from old man? lately I've gotten more 1st than latter (once I spent 6300 and 3000 of that was attacks and 3300 was money).

Advertisement: