News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Battle

Started by Chen Zhen, July 13, 2009, 08:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

battle_gamer,

You stated before that you are not hosting the game and are just playing it on a forum. I can not duplicate the issues you speak of nor have they been reported to me from people that host the mod and use it on a regular basis. The "old man" you speak of is most likely part of the custom explore of the mod where the admin of the forum you are playing the game on has full control for its settings.
  All the issues and questions you are posing here are most likely the result of the Admin whom hosts the game on their forum and Imo you should be addressing your issues with the administrator of that forum and on that forum.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

battle_gamer

host says that he hasn't done anything when I reported that I had lost kills.

host edited old game by increasing that "lottery" where has 2 outcomes (2500 (-750) money or 250 (200 reads on that box on right) money).

I'll ask from host what he has added into game.

seems just weird that only some players are affected (2 players) and ~50 players have played game (and maybe half of those have passed lvl 5).

Chen Zhen

battle_gamer,

An admin of the forum hosting this mod has the ability to edit individual user stats from within the BAttle admin. They also have the option within membergroup permission profiles to give a membergroup permission to make those edits (ie. Battle Moderator). It is possible that someone has altered those stats in error or that the admin of said forum has given a membergroup permission to do so in error. Ask the admin to edit your user stats from the Battle admin->Members  and to check membergroup permissions  (Allowed to administrate Battle) so that membergroups can not edit those settings (unless the admin opts it on purpose).

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

battle_gamer

there is only 1 person with perms to moderate site (since its his own site).

he replied that he hadn't added any mods into game so it was normal game.

doesn't matter anymore since during last update he deleted battle game so game over, no winner (not that any1 could have catched me).

NekoJonez

I found another visual glitch. Some text in Fresh Looks is barely readable. Like in the Quest menu, the titles of the Quest table are barely readable.
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Burt

Does anybody here knows what happen to this game? Is it still been developed... I know they had their own web site but I can't find it anymore...

Just interested to see the latest developments, if any...

Cheers
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

nomadikhan

Quote from: Burt on November 03, 2016, 08:52:35 AM
Does anybody here knows what happen to this game? Is it still been developed... I know they had their own web site but I can't find it anymore...

Just interested to see the latest developments, if any...

Cheers

Real shame this was abandoned, really had a nice mod in the works.  I hope someone would decide to take it over some day.

byproduct

no idea about it's functionality, OR IT'S SECURITY
BUT
it shows up in package manager and is downloadable

Download Packages>>Package servers - Simple Machines Mod Site>> Battle [ Download ]

;area=packages;get;sa=download;server=1;package=new_feature/downloads/1944/Battle_v1.14.zip

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: byproduct on December 14, 2016, 11:16:58 AM
no idea about it's functionality, OR IT'S SECURITY
BUT
it shows up in package manager and is downloadable

Download Packages>>Package servers - Simple Machines Mod Site>> Battle [ Download ]

;area=packages;get;sa=download;server=1;package=new_feature/downloads/1944/Battle_v1.14.zip

I can tell you that is indeed functional...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

ittiphol

Please help

Some Server can't run this mod

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_EXIT in /home/u302742975/public_html/smf/Sources/Battle/Battle.php on line 1

why not  :'(

Chen Zhen

I don't see any errors in that file.
Try the attachment as a replacement for it & let me know if it resolved the issue.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Chen Zhen

Quote from: ittiphol on April 27, 2017, 10:30:36 PM
Please help

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_EXIT in /home/u302742975/public_html/smf/Sources/Battle/Battle.php on line 1

I did not previously notice that you posted an odd directory path.
Why is Battle.php in a directory named Battle?
It should be in the SMF Sources directory.

Are you using the latest version?
Have you been altering the modification?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

ittiphol

Quote from: Chen Zhen on May 01, 2017, 10:36:00 PM
Quote from: ittiphol on April 27, 2017, 10:30:36 PM
Please help

I did not previously notice that you posted an odd directory path.
Why is Battle.php in a directory named Battle?
It should be in the SMF Sources directory.

Are you using the latest version?
Have you been altering the modification?

Thank you
i don't know where to download last test version

but it's still works some host i don't understand why not

jack001

awesome integrated game. love playing it on my smf.
https://www.edufor.xyz Edutainment forum - Education with Entertainment!

Bigguy

This mod also runs on 2.1 :)

ittiphol

Chen Zhen

@ittiphol:
Uninstall your old version of Battle, then install the latest version and try it again.
Let me know if it solved your problem or not.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

TurtleKicker

So I had read that the latest version of Battle installed ok into SMF 2.1 RC1. Well, that wasn't my experience... doing the last install step didn't seem to actually work (gave me a white screen), and the package remained in an "uninstalled" state. So I removed it.

But ever since then, my error log is being flooded with failed calls to Battle hooks. Stuff like:

The callable battle_admin_areas could not be called.

Followed by:

Hook call: function "battle_admin_areas" in file /xxxx/xxxx/xxxx could not be called.

Repeat for a number of other calls such as battle_actions, battle_user_settings, battle_files.... etc etc etc. Lots of them.

I'm afraid I don't understand the SMF hooks mechanism in order to know how to clean this up manually. :( Help? If I have to dive into phpmyadmin, that's fine.

Diego Andrés

In 2.1 there's a hook section in the admin, maybe you can delete or disable them from there

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Diego Andrés on March 08, 2019, 02:56:21 PM
In 2.1 there's a hook section in the admin, maybe you can delete or disable them from there
Thanks. I think this could be my solution, although I get a 403 error anytime I try to remove one of the missing Battle hooks.

I don't think the issue is specific to Battle at this point, so I'll post this question elsewhere.

Advertisement: