News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[PAID] clan profile and match statistics mod

Started by Rav33n, July 13, 2009, 09:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

TheMortician4

I know that there other forums out there that have this type of a mod available. I would hate to have to redo a site because of a lack of support for a mod that would be a huge success for clan and guild leaders to use that would also inevitably promote SMF as a whole.

Many gamers have sites that use forums so that users and other members can utilize the site for clan/guild related information. I love the SMF forum, so far it has been a fantastic easy forum to use, run, and maintain. Especially since there is a lot of mod writers who help support the forum in itself. A mod, or even  the incorporation of this into the program itself, would make SMF Forums the premier forum to run for site managers who run sites just for this purpose.

Come on guys, can't you hear the crowd roar?

Arantor

I can tell you now it'll never become part of the core; there are too many forums that just wouldn't use it.

After I finish up my vBookie for SMF mod - I *may* take a look at this.

Folks: the thing to do is to set down with as much detail as you can exactly what this should do. Not a couple of lines, but as much detail as you can possibly manage, even with screenshots of what other sites have. The more detail I or other mod authors have, the easier it becomes to write.

tarleton

I'd chuckin in about 20$. I've been looking for something like this for ages.

clewis789

My Mods:

Playstation 3 Avatars - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2150

Xbox 360 Avatars - Will be up very soon.

Nintendo Wii Avatars - Coming Soon

Arantor

So, please, what EXACTLY is it supposed to do?

As I said before, what features, details, EXACTLY do you want or need it to have? Just saying "a clan profile" mod doesn't give me a lot to go on if/when I or anyone else picks this up. Because in all probability what I have in mind is different to what you have in mind.

clewis789

Quote from: Arantor on September 25, 2009, 02:53:48 PM

As I said before, what features, details, EXACTLY do you want or need it to have? Just saying "a clan profile" mod doesn't give me a lot to go on if/when I or anyone else picks this up. Because in all probability what I have in mind is different to what you have in mind.

something like a tournament page. with information section on how you get in the tournament  and below is the information of the tournaments that the admin will post. and the community click a button next to the tournament info at the bottom and it gives a list of all the people that are in the tournament, and they will be added to the list also, and the admin can edit the list so he has the right amount.

so if you dont get some of it i am in a rush.
My Mods:

Playstation 3 Avatars - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2150

Xbox 360 Avatars - Will be up very soon.

Nintendo Wii Avatars - Coming Soon

SkyLineR34

You know after looking at this stuff you want, it seems like this would be best suited for outside the smf forums as a whole.  More to be integrated with the smf script to update stats and all but not actually a mod for smf.  If you take a look at the page im building for my clan it is totally ran by smf.  I just script from the ssi portion and pull required information i need to integrate certain things i need.  The site is still being built but has some of the features you are asking for, click here to go to my site.  I actually use the smf database quite a lot.  I just add to it with the things i need to display/add/change things within it.  This site is totally custom scripted around smf forums.  On the members profile's section I am implementing a point system that my members can use to wage/trade in/rank up...etc.  These points will be kept again by a mod created for smf. 

Here are some of the ssi info i pull out of smf forums....
news,
welcome
login
logout
and others....

Again I think what you seem to be asking for is something best suited for a website outside of smf forums.  If you have any questions on this just pm me and ill see what i can do.

mandukar

hey skyline, I'm finding myself in agreement, this seems to be a stand alown script that could be intergrated into smf ralther then a mod because of the amount of work that it would invlove.

DOOM666

could i get that for my site and make it were there can clan members again accpet so they know who would be there like in socom some are 8v8 or 16 v 16 so on and so on.

Rav33n

Sorry for not replying - seems my notifications didn't  show new replies -_-

Quote from: Arantor on September 25, 2009, 02:53:48 PM

I've outlined what it should do in the OP including a screenshot of what it should look like etc. Is there any more information you need? Have you given any more thought on working on this :) ?

Arantor

I never said I'd do this. (Not that I have anything like the time necessary to figure out what this is supposed to do now, or build it... maybe in about a year I might have enough free time)

In any case your opening post is still fairly vague on what it is actually supposed to do.

TheMortician4

Quote from: Rav33n on July 13, 2009, 09:11:33 PM
This is a request I've seen a few times on the boards but never in proper detail. I'm hoping someone will take this on since a lot of people will benefit :)

Functionality

Create Clan/Team profile page

An admin or member should be able to create a page dedicated to an e-sports team.

Team Name: [text field]

Team tag: [text field]

Games played: [checkboxes]
game list (possibly predefined in an admin page for this mod)

Members: [text field] similar to the moderator field for boards. The first name in the list will be made leader of the clan. Maybe if its not too complicated, a ranking system for each member... but lets keep it simple.

About: memo field

Clan logo: upload field, maybe allowing a 200x200 image?

Clan header image: upload field, allowing a 500x100 image which will be displayed on the profile page

Alternatively, this could be a public form where clans can create their own profile pages. But upon submission it is put into an "unapproved" group where an admin will have to take a look and approve it for public access.

Profile page mockup attached.

Reporting match results

Won: dropdown box with registered clans
Lost: dropdown box with registered clans

Game: dropdown box with list of games

Number of maps/games played: text field

Map/game 1 result
team 1 score [text field] | team 2 score  [text field]
[checkbox] overtime? (checking it makes another textfield visible
team 1 OT score [text field] | team 2 OT score  [text field]
Refereed by: [text field]
Upload screenshot

Map/game 2 result
Upload screenshot

Map/game X result
Upload screenshot

This will update each clans profile page with the matches results.

Database

The tables were put together by JPDeni over at the TinyPortal boards.

Table: teams
------------
team_id (autoincrement)
team_name
team_tag
game_types
about
logo
header
approved

Table: team_members
-------------------
team_member_id (autoincrement)
team_id (relates to teams table)
member_name (repeats value from smf_members table for speed in retrieval)
member_id (relates to smf_members table)
ranking

Table: team_matches
-------------------
team_match_id (autoincrement)
game_type
number_of_games_played
winner (relates to teams table)
winner_based_on

Table: team_match_games
-----------------------
team_match_games_id (autoincrement)
team_match_id (relates to team_matches table)
referee_id (relates to smf_members table)
referee_name (repeats value from smf_members table for speed in retrieval and in case it's not a member)
screenshot
game_match_order

Table: team_game_scores
-----------------------
team_game_score_id (autoincrement)
team_match_games_id (relates to team_match_games table)
team_id (relates to teams table)
score
ot_score

Well I think that just pulling the information from the Sony Servers for SOCOM, or information directed to the profile itself could extract the data.

Sony's SOCOM.com site displays the players information, could this be captured and then the mod delineate the data for display?

Rav33n

Quote from: emjan101 on August 03, 2010, 03:35:04 PM
could this be captured and then the mod delineate the data for display?

I've come to realise that this won't be done anytime soon. Best to hire a developer to get this done.

TheMortician4

That's a shame, it is a great idea and there are alot of us in the gaming community that would love to have this implemented.

I run a site for a SOCOM clan, and my members loved the idea that there information could be posted dynamically in there profile, like death/kill ration, head-shots, or  medals awarded.

If you find one, let me know, I will find a way to help kick in some cash for a mod that would do this.

The BBI Clan themselves might do the same. I would post a donations post to help gather more funding...

improv

avguste

Definitely something that is needed and long overdue for SMF

Kindred

Except, of course, the fact that this thread is 5 years old....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: