News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.10 and 2.0 RC1.2 released

Started by Compuart, July 14, 2009, 07:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

I noticed you said that if you are running 2.0 RC1 you need to update to 2.0 RC1-1 before going to 2.0 RC1-2.

If case anybody needs it where would you find 2.0 RC1-1 now that it has been removed from the download page?
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: α¢αηѕ on July 17, 2009, 04:13:58 AM
If case anybody needs it where would you find 2.0 RC1-1 now that it has been removed from the download page?
Directly from the adminCP of a RC1 installation, or from http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

Quote from: α¢αηѕ on July 17, 2009, 04:13:58 AM

Or you can update from 2.0 RC 1 to 2.0 RC1-1 using the information on the original announcement of 2.0 RC1-1

GazOutEast

In the opening post, where the file list shows as -

* modified_1-0-17_1-0-18.zip (44.16 KB - downloaded 73 times.)
* modified_1-1-9_1-1-10.zip (118.36 KB - downloaded 874 times.)
* modified_2-0-RC1-1_2-0-RC1-2.zip (64.38 KB - downloaded 465 times.)
* smf_patch_1.0.18_1.1.10-2.0-RC1.2.zip (10.13 KB - downloaded 87 times.)

Could someone please explain use of the word "modified" in the file name.

Does this mean
- it is to be used on a modified SMF install
- it is to be used on modified themes
- the file itself is modified after all the problems with package manager failing auto-install

or is it something else entirely?

(I'm still getting the empty file error reported by many users - this is the first time I've ever had such an issue with and SMF upgrade, and it's got me completely stumped).

Gaz
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

Arantor

The modified name is a list of instructions on modifying the files to suit - generally using the smf_patch file will work better.

Download it to your PC, then use the Download Packages tab and Upload the package to the server.

If it persists please open a support topic in the 1.x Support board.

SleePy

modified includes only the files that changed between the releases. Be careful with this as any mods you have instead could be lost by using these files.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Arantor

Thanks for clarifying that for everyone, SleePy, I thought it was a list of mods to make.

Uqqeli

The tar.bz2 version of the full install package on the downloads page is incomplete (It's only 162KB).
It's about the powerlessness of being in love and how it devours the insides of a person like a deadly virus. It's a comedy.

Tristan Perry

Quote from: Uqqeli on July 17, 2009, 02:03:13 PM
The tar.bz2 version of the full install package on the downloads page is incomplete (It's only 162KB).
Confirmed, thanks. Have flagged this up :)

Sharp.Shot

This is great news, I've been waiting for these to come out, can't wait until SMF 2.0 RC2 is released to the public aswell as curve, any ideas on when those will be released?
QuoteMicrosoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

worldce01

Thanks but i have a problem :(

This query:

ALTER TABLE smf_smileys
    ORDER BY LENGTH(code) DESC;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2

H

Quote from: worldce01 on July 18, 2009, 08:37:46 AM

This query:

ALTER TABLE smf_smileys

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=1079.0 :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

worldce01

Quote from: H on July 18, 2009, 09:08:23 AM
Quote from: worldce01 on July 18, 2009, 08:37:46 AM

This query:

ALTER TABLE smf_smileys

Caused the error:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=1079.0 :)

rune-coders

Ben K

QuoteHopefully smf gets better
The only thing in SMF is that there is some bugs, that's it :)

Deaks

whats great about this release is the problem was found before any sites or such could promote the issue, just shows how good  dev team is.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Road Rash Jr.

The empty file thing hasn't been fixed yet though. I tried again to install the patch and it says the file is empty, I tried downloading the file to my pc and the file is empty.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Christian Otto

Moderierte Boards:
SMF 2.0 RC4/SP2.3.3

karlbenson

Quote from: Bionic Rooster on July 18, 2009, 11:56:29 PM
The empty file thing hasn't been fixed yet though. I tried again to install the patch and it says the file is empty, I tried downloading the file to my pc and the file is empty.

Thats because thats a host issue, not an smf bug.  Probably with either chmod permission, chown, or your host has disallowed the functions to 'get' a package. (eg free/cheap shared host)

Instead of trying to download the file inside smf, download the patch attached to this topic, then upload it inside your smf.

Advertisement: