News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Older files deletion?

Started by shadow35, July 19, 2009, 08:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow35

Hi guys.  I've updated to version 2.0 RC1.2, but even before that with the first release when I try to edit the database to remove old "moved:" notices I get this error messege:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again.

I'm the Admin, but not the owner and can't get into the base files on the server.  Is there any way to fix this from the Admin screen or do I need to get the owner to make some changes?
If you TRY to fail and succeed, what have your done?  Succeeded or failed?

shadow35

Rumbaar

Did this ever work after your initial conversion from 1.x to 2.x?  Have you moved or altered the location of your forum since then? When did this first start happening?  Any error log entries?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

shadow35

Hi there Rumbaar.  This feature worked fine in version 1.x, the problem started when our owner moved to version 2.0 and has continued through 2 - 1.2.

Thousands and thousands of error log entries, but none I could see that applied to this particular problem, mostly just member login errors and such.

Found one, here's the entire messege in the error log:

Shadow35   Today at 06:07:03 AM 
65.188.170.107     d6c9fc6b78eae7b9a1d764535ba3c4a6 
   Type of error: User 
http://groups6.urdx.com/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=maintain;sa=topics;activity=pruneold 

Rumbaar

What method did they use to convert the forum?  Can you try clearing the logs and see what new ones come up, other than the one posted.  That are critical.

I would hazard to guess something didn't go as planned during the conversion process that might be causing this issue.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

shadow35

There's always bunches of entries in the error log that I clean out every couple of days.  I just did it before coming here unfortunately.  I'll make a copy of some of them tomorrow and post.

Rumbaar

You shouldn't be getting any/many critical errors in general usage of the forums.  That is a sign of possible things are wrong in various locations.

So yes, post some relevant error messages.

[ Themes ]

shadow35

Oh, there are very seldom any 'critical' errors, hardly ever in fact.  Just run of the mill stuff like below:

QuoteShadow35   Today at 03:10:49 AM 
174.98.109.69     b46a7c4bb30276fb19a13ff01c364116 
   Type of error: User 
http://groups6.urdx.com/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=maintain;sa=topics;activity=pruneold 

Roger van Dyke   Today at 03:09:39 AM 
81.210.199.115     a4d7bc6cc48bfd7a8e4310533a5d1d97 
   Type of error: Undefined 
http://groups6.urdx.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=37584;type=avatar 
8: Undefined index: lang_character_set
File: /var/www/groups6.urdx.com/html/smf/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1642 

Roger van Dyke   Today at 03:09:39 AM 
81.210.199.115     a4d7bc6cc48bfd7a8e4310533a5d1d97 
   Type of error: Undefined 
http://groups6.urdx.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=39884.0;attach=38752;image 
8: Undefined index: lang_character_set
File: /var/www/groups6.urdx.com/html/smf/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1642 

Rumbaar

Are you using a custom theme that is not fully 2.x compliant?  Also what is the language you are using?  Is it fully 2.x compliant?

[ Themes ]

shadow35

I'm using the default SMF theme and have several others loaded that claim to be fully 2.x compliant.  They all act the same for me, but several members report not being able to send a PM with some of them.  Using english language.  No custom files, everything that came with version 2.0.

I really appreciate you taking this time to help.

Bulakbol

If the problem is the Display.template.php, try copying the file from the default theme and try it in your theme.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

shadow35

I don't think that's the problem Bulakbol, I get the same result no matter what theme I'm using.

greyknight17

Not sure how much rights you were given for the forum, but check the versions of all the SMF files (Admin > Forum Maintenance > Routine > Check all files against current version). If any are outdated, you might have to update it accordingly or replace it (making sure none of your mods are affected, otherwise, you will have to apply the edits back to the affected file manually).

shadow35

I have full Admin permissions on the forum, just can't get to the actual server files.  I'll check this out.  Thanks Greyknight.

Followup:  The only 'red' file I get is sources/ManageAttachments.php which you have indicated will be fixed in the next update.

Arantor

The only problem with that file is actually the version number - as per this thread you can modify it yourself.

shadow35

Thanks Arantor, I didn't figure that this file would be the problem.  I still have the original problem of not being able to 'prune' posts.  Also can't do a backup (no error messege there, it just times out without doing anything).

Perhaps I'm needing some permissions to the server that I don't have?  I have all Admin permissions on the forum which by definition says that I'm not restricted anywhere.

Arantor

Can you create a new board then delete it?

Bulakbol

Sorry, weird things sometimes happened. Ignore my post. I think I posted it in the wrong topic.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

shadow35

Quote from: Arantor on August 05, 2009, 09:15:01 AM
Can you create a new board then delete it?

Yes, I can create and delete new boards, edit them and change permissions, and do everything else that I've tried so far.

Arantor

Hmm. I was thinking the database user itself may not have had DELETE rights, but it clearly does have.

Might be worth checking with your host to check the database user does have all the rights it's supposed to have (since you can control them on a table level)

shadow35

Thanks Arantor, I'll do that.

shadow35

I have found that if I use the little double arrow (<<) and go back to the original layout of the admin panel, the feature works again!  Thanks to all for your suggestions.

timned88

i had the same problem while trying to purge old attachments.  it resolved when i restored the admin panel back to the classic view.  what up with that?  thanks for posting the tip in the previous thread.  it worked.

Advertisement: