News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Reveal tags

Started by Aaron10, July 22, 2009, 10:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron10

Anyone know if I can get reveal tags like this on my forum?

http://www.psu.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4297160&postcount=1

It kinda drops down when you click the little show button.

Thanks

Arantor

Do a search in the mod site for the Spoiler tag.

Aaron10

Does the spoiler tag work the same? I want it drop down, not where you highlight and it shows. Its mainly to keep topics clean like in the above

SAFAD

You Mean A Button When Click Show A Something ?
Its Spoiler FOr Sure
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

Kays

Quote from: AaronSOLDIER on July 22, 2009, 11:45:10 AM
Does the spoiler tag work the same? I want it drop down, not where you highlight and it shows. Its mainly to keep topics clean like in the above

The one of spoiler tag mods has the option of "click to open" / "click to close" or it will open on mouseover. No "highlight this" crap.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Arantor

Aaron10

Well I've just downloaded all 3 versions and it says they're all incompatible with SMF 1.0.10 :(

SAFAD

Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

Arantor

This is a known bug with the package parser being not suited to the change from 1.1.9 to 1.1.10 (because 9 > 1)

But you should be OK to add the mod manually - Manual Installation of Mods

Aaron10

Ok so I just opened it and theres no modname.xml or anything like that, theres a .kpf file?

Arantor

Go to the mod page, find your SMF version in the drop down and hit Parse - it'll give you the full instructions of what changes to make.

Aaron10

Ok I've installed it and its working but 2 things:

1. In the post reply page, the BBC or the image doesn't show (spoiler.gif) yet I uploaded the image to both the default themes BBC folder and my themes BBC folder.

2. If there a way to have the drop down spoiler but into a quote box? (Makes it easier for people to see what's in the spoiler because it doesn't have a box around it when I just to have the spoilers show as a button click)

Thanks

Arantor

1. Did you upload it to the theme's images folder?

2. There is if you're willing to manually edit one of the core SMF files.

Aaron10

1. Yes, but only in the BBC folder, should I upload it into the post folder on anywhere else?

2. If you know what the code is otherwise I wont risk it

Arantor

1. It needs to be in both the Themes/default/images/bbc and Themes/yourtheme/images/bbc folder and no others.

2. It's a mod to Subs.php but I'm trying to work out exactly what it is you're after. There are multiple display mods for this mod, under which one(s) should it change and precisely to what?

Aaron10

1. Well I've uploaded it to both folders and its ticked under BBC in admin CP so I dont know whats going on there. I have some english-utf8 files and the mod just says to edit the english.whatever.php so maybe I need to edit the codes in my english-utf8 files.

2. Basically if you look here:

http://www.psu.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4297160&postcount=1

The boxes just show as a quote box, so basically when a user clicks on the spoiler button and it drops down, I want whatevers in the spoiler tags to be in a quote box. (But obviously not saying 'Quote:' above it.

Arantor

And would you want that for all the styles of spoiler? Note that there are 3 distinct styles as it stands.

Aaron10

Yeah, thanks

Theres a dotted style, but I'd prefer if it was in a box like the quotes are :)

Arantor

So, if I understand you right you want to remove all three styles and have a single consistent style like the one you pointed out?

Aaron10

Advertisement: