News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

YaBBSE 1.55 -> SMF 1.03 Upgrade

Started by rooster, April 08, 2005, 09:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

Just tried to "upgrade" a copy of YaBBSE 1.55 to SMF 1.03 using http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php/smf_1-0-3_upgrade.zip

Conversion was problem-free...

Upgrade Complete
That wasn't so hard, was it? Now you are ready to use your installation of SMF. Hope you like it!

until I click on your installation of SMF

Error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: reloadsettings() in /var/www/html/yabbse/index.php on line 72

Has anyone experienced this before? How do I fix it?

Thanks.

Oldiesmann

Make sure all the files are SMF and not YaBB SE...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

rooster

Thanks, Oldiesmann.

I wasn't sure I did it correctly.

I unzipped smf_1-0-3_upgrade.zip and uploaded all its contents to the yabbse directory. Is this supposed to be the case? If not, what should I have done?

Now that the YaBBSE files and the SMF files are mixed together, how do I know which ones to delete?

[Unknown]

Quote from: rooster on April 08, 2005, 10:30:34 AM
I unzipped smf_1-0-3_upgrade.zip and uploaded all its contents to the yabbse directory. Is this supposed to be the case? If not, what should I have done?

Now that the YaBBSE files and the SMF files are mixed together, how do I know which ones to delete?

That's exactly what you should have done.  However, it looks like you either SKIPPED files that already existed, or you RESUMED on them.  You have to select OVERWRITE for every file that already exists, because the entire file has changed - not just the end of it.

There's nothing you need to delete to get it to work; rather, there's still code that needs to be uploaded.

-[Unknown]

rooster

Thanks. That's exactly the problem (i.e. new files did not overwrite the old ones). Had to specify in the FTP program to do so.

Problem solved. Gracias!

Advertisement: