News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.10 to 2.0RC1.2, move db help

Started by omege815, July 26, 2009, 02:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omege815

I want to take my forum which is 1.1.10 and upgrade to SMF 2.
I have recently installed a test forum with SMF 2 and I like what I see.  However, can I move my database over so I will still have my old content?  The move will be impossible unless I can due to board size and membership.  Tried to do a search for it but came up empty. 

Reflection

You'll need to upgrade your database.

Download the "Large Install" for SMF 2.0, overwrite your SMF 1.1.x forum with those files, then navigate and run upgrade.php.
Good "SMF" Portals
Tiny Portal [SMF 1.1.x only]
Simple Portal [SMF 1.1.x and 2.0]

Good "SMF" Theme Sites
SMF Themes [SMF 1.1.x and 2.0]
Dziner Studio [SMF 1.1.x and 2.0]

Dgui

AND:

Don't forget to make backups of your 1.1.10 forum files AND your database as the backups will be the ONLY WAY to return to your 1.1.10 db if something should go wrong with the upgrade process.   

:)

omege815

upgrade.php is telling me I have missing files :(

Help

tyty1234

Did you upload everything in the Large Upgrade package?
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

Norv

In addition to checking if you uploaded everything, please also post the exact error it gives.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

omege815

I have SMF 1.1.10 and after overwriting the files with the large upgrade i get this on upgrade.php

babjusi

Quote from: omege815 on July 28, 2009, 09:57:19 AM
I have SMF 1.1.10 and after overwriting the files with the large upgrade i get this on upgrade.php

What ftp client are you using to transfer the files? Some are known to drop them during the transfer (files). Try to reupload all the files once again.

omege815

tyty1234

omege815

SSH into server and DL files using wget, checked the source code for upgrade.php and the files that its looking for are where they are supposed to be

Still cant upgrade, any help out there?

Norv

I wonder , why does your error screen say : "Upgrade from Yabb SE"?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

tyty1234

Wait, are you upgrading from SMF 1.1.10, or YaBB SE?

omege815

From SMF 1.1.10 to 2.0RC1.2

the large package is for both, smf 1.1 & YaBB

tyty1234

omege815

This whole thing is such a pain in the @ss, really wish SMF made this easier. 

omege815

Quote from: tyty1234 on July 28, 2009, 03:25:42 PM
You downloaded this file right?

Yep, that is the file we have.  100% sure that is what we're working with, without a shadow of a doubt. 

Norv

Quote from: omege815 on July 28, 2009, 03:22:42 PM

...Sorry, I don't understand. Can you please tell what version of SMF you are running, if you are running SMF?
Any upgrade package is for SMF only. Different versions, but SMF.

omege815

Quote from: Norv on July 28, 2009, 03:34:20 PM
Quote from: omege815 on July 28, 2009, 03:22:42 PM

...Sorry, I don't understand. Can you please tell what version of SMF you are running, if you are running SMF?
Any upgrade package is for SMF only. Different versions, but SMF.

Negative.  I used the Large upgrade SMF 2.0 RC1.2, and it's for both 1.1.x to SMF 2.0 RC1.2 as well as YaBB.
That being said, I found what the problem is.  I left the original forum and it's database intact.  I copied over forum files to another subdomain, and also copied the database to another subdomain.  That way I could work on the upgrade, and still have the 1.1.x running.

Anyway, after copying it over, I needed to update Settings.php, and decided to do it manualy (didn't realized there is repair_settings.php).  the value for $sourcedir was incorrect.  After providing the proper path, that problem was gone.  I ran into few more, but at that point downloaded and ran repair_settings.php, which I highly recommend.

Norv

Thank you for the explanations!
Please feel free to mark the topic as solved, using the green link at the bottom left of the page, if you consider it solved.

Advertisement: