Authentication snippet for related HTML pages.

Started by cdb, April 09, 2005, 01:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdb

I would like to have related HTML pages that are only visible to users properly logged in on the forum.

Most convenient would be a code snippet to insert at the beginning of each protected page. - I understand that the page may need to have the php filetype.

I can put the needed link to those pages in the "News" box or in a sticky posting, so no need to worry on that score.

This simple mod ( or tool ) would be generally useful, I believe.  I'm sure many readers here can imagine how nice it would be to have a few authenticated pages associated with their forum. - For members only.

I can see where some associated theme graphics for such pages would be useful, but I'm just asking for an authentication code snippet right now.

In my case, I want to run dedicated polling software on the other pages. Polls on the forum compete for publication on the dedicated site, where admin must enter each poll for publication manually.

Voting for both sets of polls, and poll creation on the forum need to be authenticated. - The mod ( or tool ) I have requested would make all of that possible.

The idea is to have a poll results display page that anybody can see, but to vote or submit a new poll for publication, you must log in to the forum. ( A security measure )

The forum has an excellent poll-making setup that would be perfect for developing polls in an open, competitive environment for publication on the dedicated, poll-only site.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

cdb

Ben_S

Take a look at the SSI faq's in the SMF coding discussion board.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: