[BETA] SMF XboxLIVE Leaderboard (Beta 2 Now Available!)

Started by jblazeofek, July 30, 2009, 03:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBlaze

This is the official announcement topic regarding the SMF XboxLIVE Leaderboard.

This mod was created to satisfy the request of this topic: gXboxLive - Xbox Live Leaderboard (Free or Paid)

As this mod is in an early Beta, I ask you to please not use this on a production board just yet. There are still some kinks to be worked out.

I also ask you to make backups regularly while using this. Last thing we need is someone losing data :o

On a final note, I am currently looking for Beta Testers to help me test this and report any bugs. If you are interested in becoming a Beta Tester, please sign up at:
http://www.jblaze.net/forum and fill out a request via Profile -> Group Memberships -> Beta Tester

If you wish to simply watch the mod develop in progress, there is a the live demo at http://gamingbrotherhood.com/index.php?action=xboxlive (My main site) as well as http://demo.jblaze.net/index.php?action=xboxlive

For more info, please visit http://www.jblaze.net

Thank you,
JBlaze

Current Version: 0.1 Beta 2
SMF Version: SMF 2.0 RC2

Attached is the current release
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Liam.

Wow this mod looks brilliant! I'll install it on my test server now to see if anything weird happens so I can tell you, but I can't wait for the official release so I can put it up on my site without any worries ;)

JBlaze

Quote from: iKorp on July 30, 2009, 06:22:31 AM
Wow this mod looks brilliant! I'll install it on my test server now to see if anything weird happens so I can tell you, but I can't wait for the official release so I can put it up on my site without any worries ;)

Don't know how you can install it or even download it if you haven't applied to be a Beta Tester ;)

Thanks for the feedback though :)
Jason Clemons

DarkSynopsis

I sent in a request and just noticed its for 2.0 and my forum is running on SMF 1.1.10 but I could always make a backup of my current version and upgrade to the RC Beta to test since will have to upgrade to 2.0 at some point :)

Robbo_

Just posting here so this thread shows up in "Show new replies to your posts".
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

N3RVE

Nice mod :).
Link to mod needs updating..

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

JBlaze

Quote from: [n3rve] on July 30, 2009, 12:54:05 PM
Nice mod :).
Link to mod needs updating..

-[n3rve]

Thanks n3rve, updated the links :D
Jason Clemons

uaFlash

JBlaze

Quote from: uaFlash on July 31, 2009, 05:06:32 AM
Is it work on smf 1.1.10?

No. This mod is based around SMF 2.0's Scheduled Tasks function, of which 1.1.x does not have.

That would mean I would have to write a whole new cron function for it to work on 1.1.x.
Jason Clemons

uaFlash

Quote from: JBlaze on July 31, 2009, 05:08:20 AM
Quote from: uaFlash on July 31, 2009, 05:06:32 AM
Is it work on smf 1.1.10?
That would mean I would have to write a whole new cron function for it to work on 1.1.x.
Will you do it later? :)

Fustrate

Doesn't sound too likely. It would be a pain in the butt, and I doubt anyone in their right mind would do it.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

JBlaze

Quote from: Fustrate on July 31, 2009, 05:28:04 AM
Doesn't sound too likely. It would be a pain in the butt, and I doubt anyone in their right mind would do it.

Indeed. It would be like basically turning 1.1.x into 2.0 with all the extra function that would have to be made.
Jason Clemons

Robbo_

I have to disagree with both of you. If we wanted to add SMF 1.x support we would simply add a cron job function or a function that would start every hour and then be spread out over users loads to update it.

Kinda doesn't make sense :/
Aus-Newerth

Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

Fustrate

But how many newbie forum admins would be able to set up the cron job, even with instructions?

Same reason I never released the "email a new topic" mod I tinkered with. No use trying to tell people how to pipe emails to PHP.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

vbgamer45

Yup it is not wise tried with my RSS Poster mod gave up on it since most of support was just getting cron jobs to work.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Robbo_

Which is why I added a second part to that sentence but it made no sense since I was drunk when I typed that ;p

Basically the only way I see around it is every x hours an unlucky user gets an ajax screen telling them the site is updating with a loading bar ;p

I won't be maintaining this mod anyway so I'll have nothing to do with a 1.1.x port if it was to ever happen.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Robbo_

You guys should all annoy JBlaze to package the latest code, I would say the mod is 60-70% done.

Change log...
- Fixed latest games list so it will now show the 5 latest games you have played
- Scheduled task now updates ranks as well
- Profile has an area that shows your xbox stats properly now

To-do
- Add admin crap
- Do top stats stuff
- Add front-end features to make it nicer looking (eg hovering over avatar shows gamer card)
- Add search functionality
- Add SSI functions
- Create a games page to show all the games and who plays what
- Same as above for zones, maybe?
- Squish bugs and test (by YOU!) on a larger scale
- Charge everyone $80 to look at this page, additional $30 to click a link and $29.95 to download the mod. Then you will need to subscribe for $15 a week. Unless you say something nice to me, then you can have it for $13 a week.

Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

JBlaze

Haha thanks Robbo.

I'll package it some time today and make another beta release announcement.
Jason Clemons

DarkSynopsis

Nice :) Looking forward to testing it out.

zapiy

www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

Advertisement: