release announcements via email

Started by Madeyoulook, July 30, 2009, 08:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madeyoulook

Hi there,

A while back I had set up a forum for a client (version 1.1.2). On 26th May 2009 I received an email with a release announcement of the release of SMF 1.1.9 and 2.0 RC1-1. Since then I've noticed that the latest update is version 1.1.10.

My client does not want me on their forum, and allows me temporary access to update the forum.

I have an account set up with the Simple Machines Community Forum.

My question is, does SMF send an email to members of the SMF Community every time an update is released? If so, why is it that I the only announcement I have received was one on the 26th May? Is there a way for me to receive announcements of updates via email?

Kill Em All

You might have it set in your profile>account settings>modify profile>notifications. Now personally, I have it checked, but I have never received an email from simplemachines, why, I dont know. But check to see if you are ticked to be notified. I think announcements are maybe for very important updates, which 1.1.9 was.

That is the best answer I can give you.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

青山 素子

Due to the size of our membership, we've had some issues in the mass update announcement e-mails. It's being worked on, so we haven't sent out recent announcements.

Our software does, however, show notifications on the front page of the admin section.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: