News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Dice Roller

Started by Colin, July 30, 2009, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyrna

Quote from: Arantor on September 24, 2009, 07:56:43 AM
Right, two new updates today.

1. Limits on the numbers and types of dice, just to curtail possible abuse.

2. As stated, rendering is pushed through the [blockquote] tag, but if you try and use that tag outside of dice rolls - it gives you a warning :)
I will install the update as soon as I get home - thanks! :)

Kyrna

The update works great! It'll take me awhile to get used to the way it makes the blockquotes look but but that's just me. :)

Arantor

Well, you can change it to look how you want by editing the definition in Subs.php - in the <div style="..."> bit and it'll roll that look out to all of them next time.

Kyrna

Quote from: Arantor on September 24, 2009, 09:57:41 PM
Well, you can change it to look how you want by editing the definition in Subs.php - in the <div style="..."> bit and it'll roll that look out to all of them next time.
I don't yet know php but if it still bothers me by the time I learn it (which is doubtful), I'll change it. :)

Honestly, I'm just thrilled with this mod. It has given me no trouble at all and has my users very happy!

Arantor

It's not a huge deal to change - just let me know how you'd like it to look and I can talk you through the changes.

Kyrna

Quote from: Arantor on September 24, 2009, 10:32:37 PM
It's not a huge deal to change - just let me know how you'd like it to look and I can talk you through the changes.
As soon as I get through my 1600 page study guide for my license - well, and the exam. :)

Arantor

:o

Been too long since I took any exams, I've forgotten what it's like to study for one. Good luck :)

hither

Great mod, it works great so far.

I have one important question though.

How do you style the output?

The rolled dice box seems to end up w/no style applied (or it's grabbing some kind of default form the browser maybe).

Code and quote are working fine but I can't find in the style.css how to style it?

It's a bit of a problem as I can barely see the rolls.

Arantor

It isn't in style.css to style it, it's built into the changes applied to Subs.php, meaning you have to edit that.

Open Subs.php, look for this:
array(
'tag' => 'blockquote',
'before' => '<div style="font-size:x-small; background-color:#ffffff; margin:5px 20px; border:1px dashed black; filter:alpha(opacity=50); opacity:0.5;">',
'after' => '</div>',
),

Change the contents of the div's style attribute.

hither

Kyrna

Here's a possible graphic for a post reply button. I discovered pretty quickly that I couldn't do a white d6 so I had to settle for a black one. Feel free to use it if you'd like but you may find someone with a better graphic. It wouldn't hurt my feelings. :)

Arantor

I finally got round to adding this, though unfortunately I didn't use that image; once I added it into the backgrounds for the post box (especially on RC2) it just didn't look right.

But I'm pleased to say it has been added now into version 1.3 which also has RC2 compatibility :)

Sabbi

Hi =D  First off, I loooove this mod, it's been wonderful to use so far besides one little thing.

Second is the one little thing. ^^;  For some reason, when someone uses the code in the quick reply box and then previews their post, it changes the [roll] tags to the [blockquote] tags instead of the roll tags in the post box. If the author doesn't think to check the tags in their post because they showed up alright in the preview... It awkwardly looks like they were trying to cheat.

Is this only happening on my forum? We're running 1.1.11 with the latest version of the mod available and I've gotten the error to happen repeatedly.

Thanks for the mod and your help Arantor~! <3 (It really is wonderful... My forum users are just silly about not doublechecking their tags.)

Arantor

Hmm, I think that's down to how I implemented the anti-cheating mechanism.

I'm also not sure there's a nice way around it without either removing/watering down the anti-cheat, or massively re-engineering the post system. I'll play around with it though and see what I can come up with.

mpaese

Hi, Arantor
I've loved your mod, because I need it a long time ago.
But I'm having just a little problem.
When I post something, with or without Dice Roll, admin or not admin, instead forum shows last post, it goes directly to the index page. Post is ok, but after posting, system is not working as it should be...
Do you have some idea what's going on?
Thanks for your time. ^^
And happy new year!

Arantor

So if you uninstall the mod, does it work as it should do?

Is "return to this message after posting" ticked?

mpaese

Quote from: Arantor on January 01, 2010, 10:28:17 PM
So if you uninstall the mod, does it work as it should do?

Is "return to this message after posting" ticked?
Ooooops...
Ok... I'm a loser... LOL.

Sorry to make you think about this... but my language didn't the 'return to this message' translated, and I've never thought about it... oh, gosh...

Thanks for your attention again. ^^

Arantor

No worries - just worth checking whether it's an issue in the mod or not before I start any code tracking; I do some funky stuff in the post system to attempt to prevent cheating but occasionally it can mess up.

THE BRA1N

Where do you edit the text color inside of the blockquote or whatever it is? Mine is nearly invisible no matter which background i change it to in the subs.php line.

Arantor

The Subs.php line is the ONLY place where it is set. If it's not being updated, that would imply you're editing the wrong file, or you're doing something weird.

Can I see an example please?

Advertisement: