Abagail

Started by Crip, September 17, 2008, 11:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

Link to the theme

Dark & Light greys on off White make this a modern smf Theme.

Demo
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

TosTos

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -

shssta

hey,

i really like this theme, using it on my site, but I am having trouble getting packages to work with it, try the manual install instructions and find that many of the files i am supposed to edit for the package dont exist for the mod, tried copying the default theme files into the folder for this one but that still isnt working, any advice?

Crip

Never, Ever use any Theme but {SMF Default Core} to install / UN-install any Package including Themes

- Abraham Lincoln -

shssta

Quote from: Crip on November 07, 2008, 01:49:00 PM
Never, Ever use any Theme but {SMF Default Core} to install / UN-install any Package including Themes

im afraid i dont understand, I have gotten several packages working on another site using a theme that isnt the default. I am just having problems with this one because it is missing some files that alot of the packages use. Are you saying that if i want any customization on my site i HAVE to use the default theme?

Crip

.....I'm sorry , I can't help you with this problem ...

- Abraham Lincoln -

shssta

Quote from: Crip on November 11, 2008, 05:26:45 AM
.....I'm sorry , I can't help you with this problem ...

Ok well it was worth a shot, guess I will look around at some other themes then.

Pluemaster

Hey bro,
I just started using your theme, and let me start off by saying its more than met my expectations.

Though, I do need some assistance. The last theme I used had to be changed in the index.template.php to have gallery link/function/action, whatever. I didn't do it, I had the guy who made the gallery mod do it, haha.

But I was wondering if you could help me out on this. Could I have a gallery link at the top navigation bar where Home, Help, and Search, etc. are? If you could help me out, that would be grand. I'll check back religiously to see if you can =)

Crip

Sure thing,
-----1st. add gallery in  the Array like so:

if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'gallery', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))

..then add the Link like so ::

// Show the [gallery] button.
        echo '<li><a' , $current_action=='gallery' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=gallery"><span>Gallery</span></a></li>';

Cheers!! ==

- Abraham Lincoln -

Pluemaster

Looks sexy mang, thanks a lot!

Here are a few questions that are not really important, I am just wondering...

Does the template have a news/stats box area or did you edit that out?

Crip

Newsfader will work , but there was no room for a stats box section , only the BoardIndex I'm afraid ..

- Abraham Lincoln -

Pluemaster

Works great, Crip. Thanks again!

peteh

Hi Crip,
For the life of me I can't find the logo.png href line in any code.  I want to have the Abagail logo graphic at the top take the user to the site home page.  It's fine that the 'Home' link in the menu takes them to forum home, but ultimately need a route to get them all the way back. 
Any help much appreciated!
-Pete

Found answer in another thread, but wanted to link here in case it helps someone else...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=276592.0

Crip

Thanks for your info & interest. :)

- Abraham Lincoln -

damouse

Thank you for the great theme

I'm hoping you could help with a strange error I'm picking up with it though,there seems to be something amiss in the way the theme is calling the new.gif image, or something

The new.gif image will not show on my forum (across 3 browsers),but if I browse directly to the file; it shows without any trouble.

so far I would have put that down to a normal path/language folder in theme error, but this where it gets weird.

If I go to Admin-> Server settings-> and hit Save without making any changes it will show up for me, in that browser, so I need to go to  Admin-> Server settings-> and hit Save in Chrome for it to show up there, and do the same for each browser.

The new.gif images only show up for as long as I'm logged in, if I log out and come back I need to go to  Admin-> Server settings-> and hit Save again for them to show up.

An ideas what would cause this?
any ideas how I could solve it or work around it to let my normal users to see the image?

Zoric

You are great man nice!!!

Advertisement: