News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Birthday Post v0.12.1 Beta (Now RC2 Compatible!)

Started by Suki, July 31, 2009, 11:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Well, I'm not talking about who has more lines here.  Jblaze is still a developer, even if all the lines he wrote has been replaced, this is still his mod since no proper license was ever introduced, thus, I need his approval before I can change the license on this mod.

I will go with MPL 1.1, solely because this particular license allows to fully give credit to the past contributors without taking in consideration the lines of code they contributed.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Arantor

Fair enough, you gotta do what you gotta do. Technically if all his contributions were rewritten the discussion would be moot, but it is better to be safe :)

MoreBloodWine

Well I wouldnt ask Suki to do anything Suki doesn't want to and even with you aying you doubt it matters, Suki would still most likely want JBlaze's go ahead so here's hoping we get it ;-)
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Suki

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 05, 2012, 07:53:44 PM
Well I wouldnt ask Suki to do anything Suki doesn't want to and even with you aying you doubt it matters, Suki would still most likely want JBlaze's go ahead so here's hoping we get it ;-)

Oh, I want to do it :D  and I'm pretty sure Jblaze will not mind just like Arantor, thing is, we have to do things the right way ;)
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Suki on August 05, 2012, 07:58:13 PM
Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 05, 2012, 07:53:44 PM

Oh, I want to do it :D  and I'm pretty sure Jblaze will not mind just like Arantor, thing is, we have to do things the right way ;)
What I meant was askin u to do it without his permision. On that note, I sent him a PM asking if he could please stop by here to read the past few replies ;-)
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Suki

I can't do it without his permission, wouldn't be the right thing to do.

I want my work to be respected and for that to happen I need to start by respecting everybody else's work ;)

Thank you for letting him know about this though.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Suki on August 05, 2012, 08:14:57 PM
I can't do it without his permission, wouldn't be the right thing to do.

I want my work to be respected and for that to happen I need to start by respecting everybody else's work ;)
I know hence the comment about not askin u to do anything u didnt want to.

Suki

Now that I'm thinking about it, I will also gonna need Shambles permission to include his edits.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Suki on August 05, 2012, 08:48:32 PM
Now that I'm thinking about it, I will also gonna need Shambles permission to include his edits.
Good point but he did already freely provide it for use though, so...

Also, interesting idea... in addition to the post count thing which I assume the admins can set as a to use or not to use thing meaning they might not want to go by post count but just have the posts done for everyone.

What about this as a setting admins can choose to use.

Create posts only for users active in the past: <settable number of days>

Arantor

QuoteGood point but he did already freely provide it for use though, so...

Doesn't matter. Still requires permission, even if it is implied, it does need confirmation. That's something most people don't often realise about combined works.

MoreBloodWine

Good point, on that note... I tried to send a PM to shambles because I don't know if he is still watching this thread but it seems he's either blocking all PM's or just mine which would be weird since I dont ever recall offending him.

Shambles

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 05, 2012, 08:58:21 PM
Good point, on that note... I tried to send a PM to shambles because I don't know if he is still watching this thread but it seems he's either blocking all PM's..

I 'watch' all threads  8)

I stopped allowing PMs for reasons many others have.

I have no problems with folks using anything I post on SM.org  ;)

MoreBloodWine

weet, so it looks like were just waiting on JBLaze now, Suki, did you catch the suggestion I made ?

Suki

There is a setting for that already:

Choose whether users must have been online in the previous x days to receive a post

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Suki on August 06, 2012, 08:22:16 PM
There is a setting for that already:

Choose whether users must have been online in the previous x days to receive a post
Wow, I feel like a dumbass lol.

For rme I figure anywhere from 15 to 30 days should be good.

Interstingly enough, could that and the post thing be used together so it works like a either or instead of conflicting ?

Ex. User has to have either x posts or have been online in the past x days for a post to be created.

Arantor

If they're not online in the past x days, I doubt they really care about their birthday being celebrated...

JBlaze

@Suki, it's fine by me, and looks like Arantor is OK with it too. Enjoy :)
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: JBlaze on August 10, 2012, 03:15:57 PM
@Suki, it's fine by me, and looks like Arantor is OK with it too. Enjoy :)
SWEEEET !

Suki

I updated the mod, please do test it: https://github.com/MissAllSunday/BirthdayPosts

-Added license MPL 2.0
-Update to 2.0.x
-Use hooks for the admin settings
-Add the changes made by Shambles™
-Move the language strings to its own files
-Added Spanish_latin translation
-Folder structure

Please do test it so I can update the mod on the modsite.

Rain Forest

Advertisement: