Birthday Post v0.12.1 Beta (Now RC2 Compatible!)

Started by Suki, July 31, 2009, 11:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Birthday Posts v0.12.1 Beta

Warning!
As this mod is a beta, it is strongly suggested that you make a forum backup before installing to prevent any data loss.

Author: JBlaze
Co-Author: Arantor
Current Version: 0.12 Beta
Compatibility: SMF 2.0 RC2
Link to Mod | Comments | Donate                           

Homepage: JBlaze Development
Type: New Feature
Updates: Birthday Posts Updates
Languages:

Features
Fully customizable via Admin -> Modifications -> Birthday Posts
Makes a new post when a birthday is detected.
Option to send a notification PM.
Available features:
     Custom subject and message
     Choose what member should make the post
     Choose what board to make the post in
     Choose whether or not to update the post count of the poster
     Runs as a Scheduled Task
     Choose whether to post a new topic per user or reuse an existing topic
     Choose whether to post all the day's birthdays in a single post
     Choose whether to send a notice via PM to user
     Choose whether users must have been online in the previous x days to receive a post
     Choose whether users have been part of the community for a period of time before a birthday post
     Can choose whether or not to post birthday posts for banned users

Installation
Any previous versions of this mod MUST be uninstalled BEFORE installing this version.

Simply install the package to install on the SMF Default Core Theme ONLY.

If your theme has its own versions of the language files Modifications.english.php and/or Modifications.english-utf8.php, OR if your using a language other than those supported (listed above) by the mod then you will need to copy the language strings into each custom version of those files.

Useful Links
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification.
(Please don't ask me to do the edits for you)

Changelog
Legend:
! = Bugfix
- = Removed
+ = New Feature
o = Update
> = New Language
^ = Initial/New Release

1/1/10 - v.0.12.1 Beta
! Fixed throwing posts for all users without dates on 1st January (sorry, stupid bug)
! Fixed installer not always creating new column

12/28/09 - v0.12 Beta (the "Arantor had fun" build)
! Fixed smileys not being recognized; smileys are enabled on all new birthday posts now
! Fixed typo in English/English British regarding an apostrophe
! Fixed hard-coded text string to reuse existing language string
! Fixed extra menu item in Security menu
! Fixed undefined index bp_settings_title
! Fixed PM support entirely :)
! Fixed {link} support for PMs to link back to posts
+ Added {forumname} for PM templates, as well as default PM templates
+ Added protection for duplicating posts; checks for minimum 2 days between posting for a given user
+ Must be active within last days support
+ Minimum time registered on forum support
+ Post to existing topic (must be in the listed board!!)
+ Post all birthdays together (in a comma list, {membername} becomes "person1, person2, person3")
+ Uninstall also tidies up scheduled task run log (since the items never get displayed, they're just phantom data)
+ Made posting/sending to banned users optional (default off)
o Fixed indentation in the main area
o Fixed up installer to use proper installer semantics (db_insert, <database>)
o Removed unneeded $member_name variable when {membername} literal string would be more appropriate
> English-British support added
- License notes removed from installer script (old URL etc). Any reuse/license questions, please direct to [url=http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=328059.0]the mod's thread[/url].
- Removed Turkish translation as needs retranslating for extra features

NB: Future versions probably should split Turkish into separate UTF-8 and ISO-8859-9 (?) files.

10/19/09 - v0.11.2 Beta
! Fixed undefined error for $txt['bp_settings_title']
! Fixed problem with not sending PM's or making posts
> Russian translation added

10/15/09 - v0.11.1 Beta
! Fixed parse error on install.php
! Fixed bug in package-info.xml

10/14/09 - v0.11 Beta
! Fixed sendPM error
! Fixed database errors
o Rewrote messy code
+ Added support for SMF 2.0 RC2

8/05/09 - v0.10.1 Beta, v0.10.2 Beta
! Fixed parse error when running scheduled task
> New language: Turkish

7/27/09 - v0.10 Beta
! Small bug fixed in query.
+ Added feature to send notification via PM.

7/25/09 - v0.9.1 Beta
! Fixed a small bug in ScheduledTasks.php
o Updated settings.

7/24/09 - v0.9 Beta
^ Initial release.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

LHW

Does this create a new thread/topic for each birthday post?  If so, it would be nice to have the additional option of posting this in an already established "birthday thread/topic."

Other than that, this looks sweet, and will be great for absentminded Admins.  ;)  LOL

JBlaze

Quote from: Lord High Warlock on August 01, 2009, 01:05:32 AM
Does this create a new thread/topic for each birthday post?  If so, it would be nice to have the additional option of posting this in an already established "birthday thread/topic."

Other than that, this looks sweet, and will be great for absentminded Admins.  ;)  LOL

That's not a bad idea.

I may add that it the coming update which will add notification PM's/emails along with a link to the topic.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

chrishicks

Please tell us 1.1.x users we will eventually get this. "please, please, please"  :)

JBlaze

Quote from: chrishicks on August 01, 2009, 01:46:45 AM
Please tell us 1.1.x users we will eventually get this. "please, please, please"  :)

No unfortunately. This mod makes use of 2.0's Scheduled Tasks function. I would have to write a cron script for it to work on 1.1.x
Jason Clemons

alex30

JBlaze if you could please write that cron script, many 1.1. x users will use your mod.

Thanks.

Eclipse16V

Hi,
nice Mod but I have a problem with it.
The mod doesn´t makes birthday postings on my board.
When I do it manuell, it works. The Scheduled Tasks function doesen´t work.
Now i see that all the user who has yesterday birthday, it makes the post yesterday at 11.00 pm.
In Scheduled Tasks is it on 01.00 am.

Sorry for my bad english
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

akbora

I want to show under 'Name of the poster.' >>>  'Adminstrator'' or other thing... No 'Guest'
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

JBlaze

Updated.

7/27/09 - v0.10 Beta
! Small bug fixed in query.
+ Added feature to send notification via PM.

To upgrade from 0.9 Beta or 0.9.1 Beta, simply install the new package and it will run the upgrade.
Jason Clemons

Groundhog

Hi JBlaze. Thanks for this mod.

The mod installed perfectly and without problems. However when I try to test by running the scheduled tasks manually I receive this error message?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/******/public_html/home/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php on line 2292

I'm running "SMF Version 2.0 RC1". Any idea what the problem might be?

Many Thanks

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

JBlaze

Quote from: Groundhog on August 05, 2009, 03:40:37 AM
Hi JBlaze. Thanks for this mod.

The mod installed perfectly and without problems. However when I try to test by running the scheduled tasks manually I receive this error message?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/******/public_html/home/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php on line 2292

I'm running "SMF Version 2.0 RC1". Any idea what the problem might be?

Many Thanks

Hmm... that's odd. I'll get to fixing it right now. Thanks :)
Jason Clemons

Groundhog

Thanks JBlaze

I have other mods that probably change the "ScheduledTasks.php". Would it help if I give you a copy of my 'ScheduledTasks.php' file?

JBlaze

Sure if you don't mind :)
Jason Clemons

Groundhog

Thanks JBlaze.

ScheduledTasks.php attached.

JBlaze

Updated. As said before, simply install the new package. No need to worry about uninstalling first. Once upgraded, you can delete the old package.

8/05/09 - v0.10.1 Beta
! Fixed parse error when running scheduled task
Jason Clemons

timned88

every time i try to install this mod, i get the following area at the mod settings page in the forum admin...

// Modify Birthday Posts Settings function ModifyBirthdayPostsSettings($return_config = false) { global $txt, $scripturl, $context, $settings, $sc, $modSettings; // Options to configure $config_vars = array( $txt['birthday_admin_desc2'], array('int', 'birthday_board'), array('int', 'birthday_posterID'), array('text', 'birthday_posterName'), array('check', 'birthday_increase_post_count'), array('text', 'birthday_messageTitle'), array('large_text', 'birthday_message'), '', array('check', 'birthday_sendPM'), array('check', 'birthday_pmSameUser'), array('int', 'birthday_pmID'), array('text', 'birthday_pmUsername'), array('text', 'birthday_pmTitle'), array('large_text', 'birthday_pmBody'), ); if ($return_config) return $config_vars; $context['post_url'] = $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=modsettings;save;sa=birthday'; $context['settings_title'] = $txt['mods_cat_modifications_misc']; if (empty($config_vars)) { $context['settings_save_dont_show'] = true; $context['settings_message'] = '
' . $txt['modification_no_misc_settings'] . '
'; return prepareDBSettingContext($config_vars); } if (isset($_GET['save'])) { checkSession(); $save_vars = $config_vars; saveDBSettings($save_vars); redirectexit('action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=birthday'); } prepareDBSettingContext($config_vars); }

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ModifyBirthdayPostsSettings() in /home/themagic/public_html/forum/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 220

JBlaze

timned88, are you doing a manual install?
Jason Clemons

Özgür

QuoteDoes this create a new thread/topic for each birthday post
Is this feature added ?
So Long

JBlaze

Quote from: [Daydreamer] on August 05, 2009, 01:00:27 PM
QuoteDoes this create a new thread/topic for each birthday post
Is this feature added ?

Yes, it creates a new topic for each birthday. If there are 4 birthdays on one day, it will create 4 posts.
Jason Clemons

Advertisement: