Actualism

Started by Crip, August 02, 2009, 09:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luuuciano

I mean the last (new) icon here:

/images/theme/quickbuttons.png

The one with a ! on it...
it was not present on previous releases......
Where is used? just curious
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Chalky

Have you had any joy with my news feeder Crip?  Not wanting to rush you of course :)

Crip

Quote from: luuuciano on March 14, 2012, 09:55:55 AM
I mean the last (new) icon here:

/images/theme/quickbuttons.png

The one with a ! on it...
it was not present on previous releases......
Where is used? just curious

It can be used on most any post or topic by clicking the drop down.
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Chalky

I'm only partly bumping - this is still an issue, but I have another one I want to ask you as well.  This has been an issue right from the start and not really bothered me as it's only me and my co-admin who can see it.  However, now my forum is getting pretty damn near perfect ;) I'd like to try and sort out all the little things too if possible.  I've attached a screenshot to illustrate, but basically, in the Moderate menu dropdown, the "Unapproved posts and topics" runs into the "Unapproved attachments".  Is there any way of fixing this please?

Quote from: Sabrinova on March 04, 2012, 09:46:24 AM
I've been posting this in the 2.x support thread, but just discovered that there is no problem in the default theme, so I'm back here.

I'm running Actualism on SMF 2.0.2, but although my News Fader works exactly as it should with Firefox and Chrome, with IE9 the news items just show all together as a static list.  I have already checked the .css file and saw that the news fader is already set with the six digit hex code rather than the shorthand, and as I said, the news fader works just fine in IE9 if I switch to default theme.

Please, how can I fix this?

Crip

Quote from: Sabrinova on March 19, 2012, 03:55:03 PM
I'm only partly bumping - this is still an issue, but I have another one I want to ask you as well.  This has been an issue right from the start and not really bothered me as it's only me and my co-admin who can see it.  However, now my forum is getting pretty damn near perfect ;) I'd like to try and sort out all the little things too if possible.  I've attached a screenshot to illustrate, but basically, in the Moderate menu dropdown, the "Unapproved posts and topics" runs into the "Unapproved attachments".  Is there any way of fixing this please?
Quote from: Sabrinova on March 04, 2012, 09:46:24 AM
I've been posting this in the 2.x support thread, but just discovered that there is no problem in the default theme, so I'm back here.
I'm running Actualism on SMF 2.0.2, but although my News Fader works exactly as it should with Firefox and Chrome, with IE9 the news items just show all together as a static list.  I have already checked the .css file and saw that the news fader is already set with the six digit hex code rather than the shorthand, and as I said, the news fader works just fine in IE9 if I switch to default theme.
Please, how can I fix this?

Hi,
look in css/index.css & find this at the style\sheet bottom & Change the according below...
/* NEW Menu */
#toolbar {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
height: 40px;
background: #5e5e5e url(../images/art/Acnavbg.png) repeat-x;
}
#topnav {
position: relative;
height: 40px;
z-index: 1000;
}
#topnav ul {
}
#topnav li {
float: left;
padding: 0 0 0 2px;
position: relative;
list-style: none;
}
#topnav li a {
display: block;
line-height: 40px;
padding: 0 16px;
color: #ccc;
text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #1d1d1d;
font-size: 12px;
}
#topnav li a.active {
background: url(../images/art/Acnavact.png) repeat-x;
color: #fff;
font-weight: bold;
text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #000;
}
#topnav li a:hover, #topnav li:hover a, #topnav li.sfhover a {
background: url(../images/art/Acnavact.png) repeat-x;
color: #ddd;
text-decoration: none;
}
#topnav li:hover li a, #topnav li ul li a:hover {
color: #ddd;
background: #4c4c4c;
}
#topnav li li {
width: 200px;   <========CHANGE WIDTH => 210px; <============>
height: auto;
}
#topnav li li a, #topnav li li a:hover, #topnav li li a, #topnav a.active li a, #topnav li:hover li a, #topnav li.sfhover li a {
background: none;
height: 30px;
line-height: 30px;
font-weight: normal;
text-transform: none;
font-size: 12px;
color: #FFF;
}
#topnav li ul {
background: #202020;
position: absolute;
width: 200px;   <========CHANGE WIDTH => 210px; <============>
left: -999em;
margin-left: -1px;
}
#topnav li ul ul {
margin: -27px 0 0 195px;
}
#topnav ul li li:hover, #topnav ul li li.hover {
position: static;
}
#topnav li:hover ul ul, #topnav li:hover ul ul ul, #topnav li.sfhover ul ul, #topnav li.sfhover ul ul ul {
left: -999em;
}
#topnav li:hover ul, #topnav li.sfhover ul {
left: 3px;
}
#topnav li li:hover ul, #topnav li li li:hover ul, #topnav li li.sfhover ul, #topnav li li li.sfhover ul {
left: 0;
}

- Abraham Lincoln -

Chalky

Changing it to 210 didn't work, but 220 worked a treat!  Brilliant, thank you  :D

Crip

U could use a smaller Font-type / size / like [ 0.9em; ]

- Abraham Lincoln -

Chalky

Thanks, good idea, I will try it and ask my co-admin how her eyesight is  ;)

Have you managed to look at my news fader thing?  Are my IE visitors just going to have to live with it?

Crip

Have you checked it using IE?

- Abraham Lincoln -

Chalky

I have set up two news items for demo purposes.  Item number 1: "Test news item", item number 2: "Blah blah blah".  I now have four browsers installed on my computer so have tried it on all of them myself.  On Firefox, Chrome and Opera, the two news items fade and alternate as they should, but on IE9, they are both shown together statically, no fade, no movement.  If I revert to the default theme, then they do alternate and fade in IE also.  I attach a screenshot of the two news items in IE.

Crip

Okay,
I will get someone who uses IE & try to fix it.

- Abraham Lincoln -

Crip

Quote from: Sabrinova on March 24, 2012, 11:36:44 AM
I have set up two news items for demo purposes.  Item number 1: "Test news item", item number 2: "Blah blah blah".  I now have four browsers installed on my computer so have tried it on all of them myself.  On Firefox, Chrome and Opera, the two news items fade and alternate as they should, but on IE9, they are both shown together statically, no fade, no movement.  If I revert to the default theme, then they do alternate and fade in IE also.  I attach a screenshot of the two news items in IE.

Okay try this: background-color: is needed i think..?
css/index.css Find:
/* the newsfader */
#newsfader
{
margin: 0 2px;
}
#smfFadeScroller
{
text-align: center;
padding: 0 2em;
overflow: auto;
margin: 1em 0;
color: #575757; /* shouldn't be shorthand style due to a JS bug in IE! */
}

Try Like:

/* the newsfader */
#newsfader
{
margin: 0 2px;
}
#smfFadeScroller
{
        background-color: #e3e3e3;  <========try this?=========>
text-align: center;
padding: 0 2em;
overflow: auto;
margin: 1em 0;
color: #575757; /* shouldn't be shorthand style due to a JS bug in IE! */
}

- Abraham Lincoln -

Chalky

That worked like a dream!!!  Thanks Crip, brilliant  :D

And sorry to be a pain  O:)

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -

Chalky

Please can I carry on being a pain for a bit longer?  Sorry  :-[

The text to show unread posts since last visit etc. has the clickable links in a slightly grey colour compared with the non-clickable white text (screenshot attached).  I would like it all to be the same colour, white.  I have just been through the .css file with a fine tooth comb but can't identify where to modify this - please can you give me a clue?

Thank you  ;)

luuuciano

Sabrinova, do you use firefox? the web browser... if not, install it
Then, search for firebug extension... install it, restart firefox

Go to your website... hit key F12, firebug panel will open at bottom...
Hit the CSS tab... then hit the arrow at left... then move the cursor over that text... and click on it (that makes a selection on that "thing", keeping it selected... so you can move the cursor and properties at rigth are mantained)

So... look on the properties section, at right... there you can see all the interacting css values... search for your color, see the file, see the line...

In fact, you can change it "on the fly", try it... (changes are not made to that file, but you can test other colors & properties until making it for real)

Hope you undertand all that... it will give you the tools to change the world! (?)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Chalky

Yes I use Firefox and ooooh that sounds exciting!!  :D  I'm off to look for Firebug, will report back.  Thank you  :)

Chalky

Ok, I managed up until I had to understand what it was showing me.  When I clicked on "Show unread posts since last visit", the little properties window gave me what's in the attached screenshot.

Index. css line 5 is
a:link, a:visited
and #800000 is red, not greyish.

Oh I just realised you can see what those each of those lines are.  I can't see anything there that corresponds to anything I can edit to change the colour I want to change....  What am I missing?

luuuciano

Can you share the link to it? to check there

btw, properties like this mean that another property have precedence over it, the "cascade style sheet" thing...

Chalky

Thank you :)  It's a closed forum for the moment, but you can log in with username temp.

Advertisement: