News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error! Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

Started by ScottDB, August 04, 2009, 06:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottDB

I'm in the middle of upgrading and got this error message and upgrade stoped on data base change. I am upgrading from 1.1.10 to 2.0 with SP 2.2.2 installed. I have complete site backup as well as data base.

The stall in the upgrade occurred while using the SMF Upgrade Utility at 54% in step 4 - Data Base change -in the middle of changing visual verification settings. I got the error mesage that is in the subject. Do I try and start over? Upload the 1.1.10 from backup? What is this error message saying?
Thank you,
Scott

If at first you don't succeed. post and post again.

ScottDB

I know it hasn't been 24 hrs just yet before I am bumping this but I need help soon. If I don't get this fixed I'm going to have to delete and start over. :'( Please.
Thank you,
Scott

Tony Reid

Sounds like your tables auto increment value has been reset back to 0.. Or autoincrement is turned off - in which case you need to reset it.

Otherwise you need to find the highest value in that field range(table) and change the latest entry it to  be one higher.
Tony Reid

ScottDB

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you give any details about how to do this? Kind of new to this.
Thank you,
Scott

Tony Reid

Do you have any other information on the error message? is that all there was?
Tony Reid

ScottDB

Thank you,
Scott

ScottDB

Is this something that I can do through my backup files and upload or go into cpanel and take care of or what?
Thank you,
Scott

Tony Reid

Yes -this will have to be repaired using somethign like phpmyadmin within your cpanel... however It isnt saying what table has the problem, so its a bit tough to solve with my Boss looking over my shoulder at the moment.

Tony Reid

ScottDB

Lol, I understand. Don't want you to get into trouble. Jobs are hard to find right now. Appreciate the fact that you are doing this at work. Will wait until you have a chance to get to it. If it is something that you need to look at yourself to figure out just let me know and I will PM you my cpanel log in details.
Thank you,
Scott

ScottDB

I really don't want to get anybody in trouble with their boss. Just wondering if anybody else might have an idea what I need to do?
Thank you,
Scott

ScottDB

Got this solved. I took the information given from posts and got with Host Gator and they took care of it for me. They have the best online chat technical support that I have ever seen. Thanks for your help.
Thank you,
Scott

JPDeni

Could you clue the rest of us in on what you did, Scott? I have the same error message, with no clue as to which table is causing the problem.

Norv

Can you please try to simply go to the next step, or, run upgrade again (so that it continues from the step it left off) ? It is reported that the upgrade can continue and finish successfully if you try again.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

JPDeni

Thank you, Norv. Yes, I did try that. And it worked.

At least the "fix" is now in the topic that has the error message as the title, so that when others do a search, it will be obvious where the answer is.

Thanks again!

linette97

Quote from: Norv on August 24, 2009, 01:54:32 AM
Can you please try to simply go to the next step, or, run upgrade again (so that it continues from the step it left off) ? It is reported that the upgrade can continue and finish successfully if you try again.

Thanks A lot Norv ;D.. I had the same error and what you suggested worked!! Phew!! Thanks!! :D
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

Advertisement: