News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Auto Lock Old Topics

Started by vbgamer45, August 06, 2009, 12:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Link to the mod

Auto Lock Old Topics

Original Author: Arantor
SMF Version: 2.0.X
Mod Version: 2.0

Description:
This mod adds a Scheduled Task to check for topics that have not been replied to in a while, and automatically lock them. You can change it on a per-board setting, so different boards have different amounts of time if you like, and you can specify never to lock old posts. You can also have it optionally ignore or lock sticky topics.

ChangeLog:
2.0 - December 27, 2012
Taken over by Runic
Updated for 2.0.x

1.3 - November 1, 2009
Updated for RC2 compatibility

1.2 - October 19, 2009
Minor bugfix regarding admin panel quick search

1.1 - September 25, 2009
Minor bugfix for situations of days entered being more than 9999
English-British translation added

1.0 - July 30, 2009
First release

Why Not Visit:
http://www.smfhacks.com
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

JBlaze

Congrats on another approved mod Arantor ;D
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Kadimi

Great idea, let me try it...
Currently working on http://www.ommahat.com/ a forum for successful mothers
My blog: http://www.kadimi.com/en/

Dzonny

Eclipse16V

Nice,
this is what I search the last time.
I will test it on my board and than you become the German Lang.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

jossanaijr

Yes, I know.... but it will be nice to have it to 1.1.10 ...
Great mod.

Arantor

I won't be back porting the mod to 1.1; it requires the Scheduled Tasks system. While in theory it could be (and has been) added, there just isn't the structure in 1.1 to make this viable.

jossanaijr

Arantor

If someone is willing to port it to 1.1, I'm happy to allow the code to be used by anyone who wants/needs to; it's straight-forward enough though.

nr

Is what I want to wait long.

Should enable 1.1.10 support.  ;)

Thank you.  :)

Arantor

Quote from: nr on August 09, 2009, 05:50:08 AM
Should enable 1.1.10 support.  ;)

I will not be supporting 1.1 with this mod. 1.1 does not have the necessary systems in place to do it, and adding them would clash with other mods that also run regular tasks, meaning that it is very easy to slow your 1.1 forum down to a crawl.

vagrant

Nice mod, thanks.

Just one question before i try it tho if i may.

How does it handle users who have a thread set on notify ?
I would not want my board sending out tons of "your thread has been locked" emails like when i last locked a lot of threads by hand :(

That said if it runs once a day then it may not be too many.

Arantor

The lock is applied by a database change, I don't believe any notifications should be being sent.

Temar

Hi, i was after a module to delete topics after so many days
but this needed to be board specific as some board shouldn't have topics deleted
i found your module but it was for lock
it was exactly what i was after except it locked not deleted
and was wondering if you could add that option please

Arantor

This would actually be easier to write as a completely new mod rather than modifying this one, because you'd end up with two pages of configuration otherwise.

I'll add it to my to-do list for you.

EDIT: http://ara.ixos.org/index.php?issue=123.0 covers it.

Temar

* revise member post counts
can this be optional some how as i would prob pref if people had a full post count not what hasn't been removed cuz of old

Arantor

It would be optional - but it's still something I need to think about in implementation.

But it'll look weird for a user to have say 5000 posts but only a fraction of that visible from Show Posts etc.

aw06

would LOOOOVVVEEEEEE if i could get this mod on 1.1.10 ..

Or even a auto move mod
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

I'm not going to rewrite this for 1.1.10 just off the bat. I would consider it as a sponsored development however.

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on September 08, 2009, 12:17:46 PM
I'm not going to rewrite this for 1.1.10 just off the bat. I would consider it as a sponsored development however.

Send me a PM with details ..... I'm running a classifieds forum , a mod like this would be essential for me
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Advertisement: