Auto Lock Old Topics

Started by vbgamer45, August 06, 2009, 12:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usa4all

cydewaze

usa4all

zarachrome

Hi all :)

Nice mod, Arantor. Thank you very much, because it is very usefull.
But I have a problem: every time it runs I get an undefined error in my site, telling something on line 1667 in ScheduledTasks.php.
I do not know what it means and how to fix it.
Could you help me, please?
Thank you in advance.

Arantor

What error, exactly? I'd also like to know why you're not getting the same error for line 1665 too.

zarachrome

Sorry, I have not seen your answer till today.
I've been very busy.

I'll try to get some error codes and post here, but thank you anyway.

agentblackhat

What would I need to edit to change the mod so that it locks a topic 30 days after creation and not the last post? Or is there another mod that can do this?

diegolyanky

A quick question:

What if is installed on a huge forum with more than 160K non locked topics? ... Will this make that forum become slow or server overload? ...

How it works? ... It has a scheduled task?
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

vbgamer45

From the description
"This mod adds a Scheduled Task to check for topics that have not been replied to in a while, and automatically lock them. You can change it on a per-board setting, so different boards have different amounts of time if you like, and you can specify never to lock old posts. You can also have it optionally ignore or lock sticky topics."
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

diegolyanky

Installed and executed.

It only took 25 seconds to flag over 130,000 topics as blocked.

GREAT JOB, VBGAMER !  ;)

YOU'RE THE BOSS !!!  ::)
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

vbgamer45

Well Arantor built it and he does do great code. I just do bug fixes now if any found.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

rcane

How difficult would it be to swap out 'lock' with remove?

vbgamer45

Wouldn't be that hard I would think just change to removetopic call I think

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

vbgamer45

@Arantor  are you open to have someone work on that mod. Not visible since it was removed from mod site

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

I'm happy for anyone to pick it up and do whatever's needed to get it out again. I just don't want to be responsible for its maintenance.

@Doug Heffernan so this mod had a companion mod called Auto Purge Old Topics that I wrote (I originally wrote this one too), but it probably needs some love to be out in the community again.

rcane

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 02, 2022, 04:40:23 PMWouldn't be that hard I would think just change to removetopic call I think

would that be in the scheduledTasks.php? 

I'm pretty dang new with php but it looks like the db UPDATE work is done in there.

vbgamer45

The mod that Arantor built does all this might need some tweaks

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

rcane

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 02, 2022, 10:26:53 PMThe mod that Arantor built does all this might need some tweaks

yeah that's what I meant.  in the scheduled tasks.php the function appears in there.  Rather than lock I'd like to replace 'lock' with 'remove'.  I don't need to lock topics really...but this one board would be greatly served if I could just wipe it daily.

Advertisement: