Disable Subject Change

Started by tyty1234, August 06, 2009, 01:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

done .. i hope to see an update sometime in this quarter hehe
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

aw06

thanks for the update ... so admin can now edit the subjects ...

can the original topic starter edit as well ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

tyty1234

should be able to. If not, let me know. :)
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

tyty1234

aw06

can original topic starters change subject as well ?

tyty1234

Quote from: aw06 on September 26, 2009, 09:40:56 AM

Original topic starters can only change the subject of the OP, thus, changing the subject for all replies that were added after the subject of the OP was changed.

aw06

Quote from: tyty1234 on September 27, 2009, 08:26:58 PM

Original topic starters can only change the subject of the OP, thus, changing the subject for all replies that were added after the subject of the OP was changed.

Niceee  8)

aw06

ok, i have new style message icon mod installed .. and its conflicting with this mod ... can you take a look at my post.template.php  ...

I installed version 1.3 and as admin it can't seem to edit the subjects ... i tried to edits you suggested to me on the first page of this thread, but it still does not work...

aw06

ahhh nevermind ... my mistake  :P was using code from old version ... get it sorted and error free now ..

aw06

Hmmm, just tested this ... not the case  :-[ original topic starters CANT modify subject of the original post  :(

Cand everybody can edit via quick/inline edit

tyty1234

Quote from: aw06 on September 27, 2009, 10:02:49 PM

Hmmm, just tested this ... not the case  :-[ original topic starters CANT modify subject of the original post  :(

Thanks for letting me know. I have released a new version that addresses these issues. :)

aw06

Quote from: tyty1234 on September 28, 2009, 02:49:56 AM
Quote from: aw06 on September 27, 2009, 10:02:49 PM

Thanks for letting me know. I have released a new version that addresses these issues. :)

Wow .. thanks for the quick update ... do we un-install the 1.3 totally, or this new version will install and overwrite it ?

Are the new chanages only done in Post.template.php and Display.template.php ? can i just go ahead and add those edits manually while still under version 1.3 ?

****sniper edit****
Made changes to the files above .. all seems to be working and error free now ...  :P

aw06

Someone mad a reply to their own topic and this came up as the subject

%subject%

any ideas ??

OK, i see what's happening, when a user uses the inlink/quick edit, when they hit save it changes the subject to %subject% :o

Seems to be related to this part of the codeing

Quotevar smf_template_subject_edit = \'', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? $context['user']['is_admin'] ? '' : '%subject%' . '&nbsp;' : '', '<input type="', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? $context['user']['is_admin'] ? 'text' : 'hidden' : 'text', '" name="subject" value="%subject%" size="60" style="width: 99%;"  maxlength="80" />\';

aw06

OK, as a fix i replaced

This Code
Quotevar smf_template_subject_edit = \'', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? $context['user']['is_admin'] ? '' : '%subject%' . '&nbsp;' : '', '<input type="', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? $context['user']['is_admin'] ? 'text' : 'hidden' : 'text', '" name="subject" value="%subject%" size="60" style="width: 99%;"  maxlength="80" />\';

With
Quotevar smf_template_subject_edit = \'', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? $context['user']['is_admin'] ? '' : '%subject%' . '&nbsp;' : '', '<input type="', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? $context['user']['is_admin'] ? 'text' : 'hidden' : 'text', '" name="subject"', $context['subject'] == '' ? '' : ' value="' . $context['subject'] . '"', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="60" style="width: 99%;"  maxlength="80" />\';

Error logs are clean ... but i don't know if this is the correct way to fix .. please advise ..

tyty1234

1. It's recommended you uninstall 1.3 before installing 1.4, that way, you don't need to make manual edits unless it was necessary.

2. %subject% is a JavaScript that is replaced using XML I believe. The reason why it's %subject%, is so it gets the subject of the message, not the subject of the topic. (e.g. If the subject of the message was Re: Disable Subject Change, %subject% will be replaced with the "Re: Disable Subject Change". However, if you used $context['subject'], then that will be replaced by "Disable Subject Change", which is what you don't want. I will however find a possible solution, so I will see what I can do with it.

aw06

Yup, you are right,,, i just notice what happens when i use the fix i did ..... It puts back the original first post subject ... and not a Re: Subject as you pointed out ...

Hoping you find a fix soon :)

how about trying $context['%subject%'] ???

tyty1234

$context['%subject%'] does not exist and therefore will not work.

aw06

Quote from: tyty1234 on September 29, 2009, 12:04:52 AM
$context['%subject%'] does not exist and therefore will not work.

8) ok .. figured as much ... will wait on your fix :)

Advertisement: