News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Disable Subject Change

Started by tyty1234, August 06, 2009, 01:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyty1234

The latest version (1.4.1) should now address those issues. :)
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

aw06

Quote from: tyty1234 on September 29, 2009, 01:21:04 AM
The latest version (1.4.1) should now address those issues. :)

Very Nice .... i see where you made it not hidden.. but read only  :P Super Nice

var smf_template_subject_edit = \'<input readonly="readonly" type="text" name="subject" value="%subject%" size="60" style="width: 99%;"  maxlength="80" />\';

Thats the only change you made to the mod right ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

tyty1234

That's correct. It should also allow admins to edit the subject via inline/quick editing, whilst everyone else cannot change the subject. :)

aw06

OK thanks 8) I'm still using version 1.3, I just did the edits manually as the only  changes are in my custom theme files...
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

villasg

greek-utf8
$txt['disableSubjectChange'] = 'Απενεργοποίησε την αλλαγή τίτλου κατά την απάντηση στα θέματα';]

flamechica

tyty1234

Yes it will. I will be working on it when I have the time. :)

tyty1234

Amanda.

Does this also remove the annoying "Re:" prefix from the main index page when someone replies to a topic?

tyty1234

With this mod alone, no. You will need to install this mod to remove the prefix. If you're asking if this mod will work with the remove reply prefix mod, it should. :)

Amanda.

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod

Please update it for SMF 2.0RC3  ;)

Thanks
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

tyty1234

1.6 has been released for SMF 2.0 RC3!

I kept the 1.5 package up for users using SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0 RC2 since there were minor changes made in 1.6 that makes it different from 1.5, but keeping it working in the same way. In other words, there was a change to the RC3 template that I had to adapt to making it different from RC2.

An even shorter description, all users using SMF 1.1.x or SMF 2.0 RC2, please use version 1.5. All users using SMF 2.0 RC3, please use version 1.6. Thanks! :D

~DS~

Nice, can you make it work for thread starter as well, we prefer having the staff editing the subjects on request rather than having members editing them.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

miftahx

tyty1234, thanks for the mod...

can you make that moderators able to modify the subject change as well? (other that admin)

Thanks
Simplicity in Action
http://mas-miftah.com/allessa

GohighVoltage

tyty1234

Quote from: miftahx on August 09, 2010, 11:58:02 PM
tyty1234, thanks for the mod...

can you make that moderators able to modify the subject change as well? (other that admin)

Thanks

Will try to see if I can find the time to implement the permission in the next update :)

Quote from: GohighVoltage on November 05, 2010, 11:52:41 AM
Any Update to RC4?

I've been away from SMF for a very long time, so if I can find time some time this week, I will work on an update :)

SamiBH

thank you the mod works great

I only have on problem

is some one writes reply

in topic forum list , last reply will not have any subject

like:

Last post by soulwhite
in N/A
on Today at 06:28:38 PM

gcoco

nice mod, exactly what i was looking for. any updates on rc4? maybe someone has modified it? i'd really like to use it!

GohighVoltage

Advertisement: