News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Streaming 3

Started by 1948Pal, April 11, 2005, 03:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1948Pal

Difficult maybe, but doable.
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

mcliff1971

I installed the mod.  But when I try to embed a YouTube video into a post, I wind up with just a hyperlink to the video (rather than an image of the video with the play button, etc;)  I am sure it is something I missed.  Any help would be great!

Thanks.
Mike

mcliff1971

Never mind....I'm an idiot...I had to turn on the feature...

jossanaijr

Can this MOD be used to play (only) mp3 files?

c a g a t a y

Hi all

I have installed and have been using this mod

Recently I saw the mod did not work

Nothing has been changed related with mod

Although I tagged the URL like this;

[stream=320,240]http://123.123.123.123/folder/video.wmv[/stream]

It looks like in a message just an URL, like this;

http://123.123.123.123/folder/video.wmv

I dont know where is the problem? Is it related with host?

Any idea?

Regards

1948Pal

Most likely the mod features got disabled. Go to the admin panel and check.
Eugene Fitch Ware

tibbiye

doesn't work that mod...
Bazıları sarı-yeşil-kırmızı renkleri kendilerinin zannediyorlar.
Soylarını inkar ediyorlar.
Buyrun bakın kimin renkleriymiş bunlar...

clarkkent93

Quote from: Craig on October 29, 2007, 03:44:00 PM
Getting this on the test install

Type Action Description
1. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/bbc/stream.gif 
2. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/bbc/real.gif 
3. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/bbc/quick.gif 
4. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/bbc/gv.gif 
5. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/bbc/yt.gif 
6. Execute Modification streaming.mod Modification parse error

i knew it wasnt 1.1.4. but i gave it a shot, will this be getting updated for version smf 1.1.4 ?

Has it been decided if it works with smf 1.1.4 or will be updated to?
SMF 1.1.6

Chopper

I get the following error when trying to access "features and options" to turn on the mod:

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

How can i fix this?

forummaker

Seems like a pretty good mod, only thing I need is to set permission for this. I want to set premium members with this mod. Any way to do this? Thanks.

sorosh1

Thanks man i was searching a long time for this! You should ask money for this man! Awesome mod! BEST MOD OF ALLL!!!!

Nica

Quote from: 1948Pal on April 11, 2005, 03:40:00 PM
Link to Mod

This Mod will allow users to add streaming video and sound (real, quicktime and Windows Media) to their posts.
Now, installable/uninstallable via the package mnager and works for both Internet Explorer and FireFox.
[edit]
7/19/06 new version added that supports Google video in the same fashion as the previous streams, only with Google video all you need is put the docid between the tags like so [gv=width,height]01234567890123[/gv] and you'll have an embedded Google video. The video must have permissions to be embedded. Also now you can actualy resize any player window by changing the values in the [tag=x,y].

[edit=8/23/06]Updated for 1.0.8 and 1.1 RC3, same version 4.2.2[/edit]
[edit]
9/1/06, new version 4.2.2a added with YouTube support. use [yt=x,y]code to youtube after the v=. Usually a mixture of 11 upper and lower case characters and numbers like yh2XtuP4jhG[/yt]
[/edit]

Latest release as of 12/29/2006 is 4.2.2b, it has no significant changes, but mdified to work with SMF 1.1 final and 1.1.1, additionally, now included a more detailed readme file, also now upon uninstall, the streaming bbc images will also be removed, whereby before, they were left behind.

Is the mod compatible with 1.1.5 yet/, or even soon to be/

forummaker

Works for me on 1.1.5 no problem.

Nica

Nica

Quote from: forummaker on July 02, 2008, 05:28:35 PM
Works for me on 1.1.5 no problem.

Mod installed fine. But inFeatures I can't see anything o turn the mod on or off. There is a set of five check boxes at the bottom which I suspect may be the controls but the the wording is invisible.

Can youtell me if those are the controls and what they say?

Nica

Humm...I was able to view the controls as global Moderator but not as Admin.  Having that same problem with the arcade.
It works fine and all the members can view it on the navigation bar but not the Admin.

Nica

I love this mod. I am not able to view the edit features in Admin though. But I can even  live with that unless someone has a solution.
I use 1.1.5 Default theme.

I'd like to know what the bbcode is for the players to auto start.. I use Quicktime most often and would like the music to auto start.
Any help, greatly apprcated.

Thanks

1948Pal

Nica. For viewing the edits, make sure the entries in your "themedir/languages/Modifications.english.php" concerned with this mod are there. For autostart, at this point you have to manually edit some code in the mod in /sources/subs.php and for quicktime, under the "quick" tag, change where it says "autoplay=false" to "autoplay=true. However, keep in mind that if there are more than one post with music in it on any given page, they will all start to play at once, and that would be, well, less than desirable to say the least.
I hope that helps.
Eugene Fitch Ware

Nica

Quote from: 1948Pal on July 09, 2008, 11:36:08 PM
Nica. For viewing the edits, make sure the entries in your "themedir/languages/Modifications.english.php" concerned with this mod are there. For autostart, at this point you have to manually edit some code in the mod in /sources/subs.php and for quicktime, under the "quick" tag, change where it says "autoplay=false" to "autoplay=true. However, keep in mind that if there are more than one post with music in it on any given page, they will all start to play at once, and that would be, well, less than desirable to say the least.
I hope that helps.

Thanks so  much. The autostart is no biggie. I have lots of music everywhere, so that's the last thing I need.

Don't really understand what entries I should be looking for regarding that file. Know of any tutorials
could read up on that?

1948Pal

If you download the mod to your PC and unzip it locally, there is a file called streaming.mod, it contains instructions that carry out the actual modifications of the files. Each instruction is preceded with [edit file] and ends with[/edit file]. In this case edit your /themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php, and look toward the end of file to make sure the "stream" is there, particularly I believe these lines of code $txt['enableEmbeddedStream'] = 'Embed stream into posts';
$txt['enableEmbeddedReal'] = 'Embed real into posts';
$txt['enableEmbeddedQuick'] = 'Embed QuickTime into posts';
$txt['enableGoogleVideo'] = 'Embed Google video into posts';
$txt['enableYouTube'] = 'Embed YouTube stream into posts';
I think these are the missing 5 lines in your admin.
Give it a try.
I am sorry I don't know where to look for a tutorial for editing mods.
Actually here are 2 links that may help with editing files and stuff :
Manual editing mods
How do I modify files
Eugene Fitch Ware

Advertisement: