News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

trying to apply the 2 RC1-1 patch...getting error

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, August 08, 2009, 02:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Hi, as the title says, im trying to apply the patch, the simple way via the packages manager.

I get this error
Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.          

is there anyway I can apply this patch, or fix this issue.

I would like to apply the patch as apposed to installing the forum again, I have mods installed and would like to not have to install them again if possible

Thanks in Advanced.
johncccccc

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Kermit

You can find the update packages here,all update packages can be installed as a normal modification

http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/

My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Thanks, ran into another problem trying to install it.

/Index.PHP

// If guest access is off, a guest can only do one of the very few following actions.
elseif (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && !(!empty($_REQUEST['action']) && $_REQUEST['action'] == 'dlattach' && !empty($_REQUEST['type']) && $_REQUEST['type'] == 'avatar') && !(empty($_REQUEST['action']) && empty($board) && empty($topic) && $modSettings['sp_portal_mode'] == 1) && $user_info['is_guest'] && (!isset($_REQUEST['action']) || !in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('coppa', 'login', 'login2', 'register', 'register2', 'reminder', 'activate', 'help', 'smstats', '.xml', 'mailq', 'verificationcode', 'openidreturn',))))

thats what I have where im supposed to have:

// If guest access is off, a guest can only do one of the very few following actions. elseif (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $user_info['is_guest'] && (!isset($_REQUEST['action']) || !in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('coppa', 'login', 'login2', 'register', 'register2', 'reminder', 'activate', 'help', 'smstats', '.xml', 'mailq', 'verificationcode', 'openidreturn',)))) 

and change for:

// If guest access is off, a guest can only do one of the very few following actions. elseif (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $user_info['is_guest'] && (!isset($_REQUEST['action']) || !in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('coppa', 'login', 'login2', 'register', 'register2', 'reminder', 'activate', 'help', 'smstats', 'mailq', 'verificationcode', 'openidreturn',)))) 

if someone could please help me with this, it would be great :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Kermit

Try that

Code (find) Select

// If guest access is off, a guest can only do one of the very few following actions. elseif (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $user_info['is_guest'] && (!isset($_REQUEST['action']) || !in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('coppa', 'login', 'login2', 'register', 'register2', 'reminder', 'activate', 'help', 'smstats', '.xml', 'mailq', 'verificationcode', 'openidreturn',))))

Code (replace with) Select

// If guest access is off, a guest can only do one of the very few following actions.
elseif (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $user_info['is_guest'] && (!isset($_REQUEST['action']) || !in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('coppa', 'login', 'login2', 'register', 'register2', 'reminder', 'activate', 'help', 'smstats', 'mailq', 'verificationcode', 'openidreturn',))))
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Duncan85 on August 08, 2009, 03:04:42 PM
Try that

Code (find) Select

Code (replace with) Select

elseif (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $user_info['is_guest'] && (!isset($_REQUEST['action']) || !in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('coppa', 'login', 'login2', 'register', 'register2', 'reminder', 'activate', 'help', 'smstats', 'mailq', 'verificationcode', 'openidreturn',))))

I tried that already, I cannot find the "Find:" part, on my index.php its different, and I dont know if that will effect anything.

I will attach my Index.PHP u can see what i mean then

SMF 2.0 RC5

Kermit

My Mods

A. Einstein

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

not only updated to RC1-1, went all the way and installed the latest upgrade too, thanks for info/help all
case closed.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Jump1979man

So what causes this problem in the first place?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Jump1979man on August 11, 2009, 01:41:52 PM
So what causes this problem in the first place?

lol... IDK, I would like to know though

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: