Help with Akismet mod

Started by shadowravenhawk, August 09, 2009, 09:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Do you know who this person was?

In any case, versions before 1.1.10 did have security issues - usually that's what each patch has been. Did you happen to have a member called krisbarteo?

shadowravenhawk

His name began with an E. If I upgrade will my alien nation theme still work? Will the page changes I made for 1.1.5 have to be fixed or will they still be good? Will the ad mod still work? Do I have to uninstall all these mods before the upgrade?

Arantor

You should be able to upgrade to 1.1.10 without problems.

shadowravenhawk

it says that Akismet doesn't work with 1.1.10. What do I do about spam?

Arantor

If it's installed and you're upgrading it should still work.

Mods are modifications to code, not plugins that break.

shadowravenhawk

So I should get akismet working first and them upgrade?

Arantor

Can do, sure. You should even be able to install it onto 1.1.10 with a small amount of work.

shadowravenhawk

I changed the 3 pages (Display, subs-post, MessageIndex) back to akismet that I changed when I put in stop spammer and it is saying that test failed on these pages plus on display.template, post, and SSI. The stop spammer mod is still listed in installed packages but when I click uninstall it says that it can't fine the package file. What do I do?

Arantor

Did you hit the delete button for Stop Spammer?

shadowravenhawk

Under installed packages it all has an uninstall link at the right. It says delete mod list at bottom but my ad mod is listed as well. It is saying there is an error in Messageindex like there was when the stop spammer was installed. It didn't do this before I had this page changed in there for 2 days

Arantor

So there isn't a delete mod link specifically for Stop Spammer?

shadowravenhawk

just uninstall it is the same with the ad mod

Arantor

So you're not able to uninstall mods, and it says it can't find the package file?

Inside Packages/ check what permissions the .zip / .tar.gz files have (e.g. 755, 777 etc) and check also whether there is a temp/ directory and what permissions that has.

shadowravenhawk

How do I do that? It is listed under installed packages and nor browse packages. Should I remove akismet?

Arantor

So it's listed in Installed but not in Browse? Something is very weird here.

shadowravenhawk

Yes, the ad mod and akismet are listed in browse and the ad mod and stop spammer are listed in installed

Arantor

That says that Akismet is not installed, but the entry for it is still in installed.list.

As I recall you did part of that manually?

shadowravenhawk

Right akismet is uploaded but it won't install because tests fail on those pages but it was working fine, except for the long post time, before I installed stop spammer

Arantor

It wasn't working fine - it never actually flagged spam AFAIK on your forum.

The reason it won't work now is because it changes some things that Stop Spammer has already changed. You'll have to make the changes manually for Akismet if you still wanted it.

Advertisement: