Where is temp sub directory ??

Started by glennk, August 10, 2009, 08:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk

Im getting this message

QuoteAlthough the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

I have checked packages and it is set to 0777 - Is this right ??

I am having trouble locating the temp sub directory. Where is it ?

Tyrsson

The temp directory should be located inside the Package directory and it should be chmod 777.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

glennk

I dont seem to have one. Is it a metter of just adding a folder inside packages ??

Antechinus

Yeah just make one and call it temp.

glennk

Hi there,

Im still having problems here. I now created the temp folder and gave it the full permissions. Howevere the error still happens.

I am struggling to understand the instructions now. I uploaded the smf_2-0-rc1-2_update.zip into the packages directory but it doesnt show up in the admin packages area. So I guess this is not right ??

I then unzipped the above mentioned zip file on my pc. I uploaded the unzipped folder to smf_2-0-rc1-2_update as a sub directory. Again it isnt picked up anywhere.

What am I doing wrong

Antechinus

Don't load an update into Packages. Full update and upgrade packs have to have all their files be ftp'd into the correct places.

glennk

Could you please advise on what I need to do as I am unable to do the upgrade through my admin panel. What do I need to do or read to get this sorted ?

Thanks for your help.

Norv

Please find the patch to SMF 2.0 RC1.2 (to apply from package manager) on the "Customize" section of this site. You will see "Upgrades site" on the left, and there you can find the patch. Please download that one and upload it on your server in ./Packages, then try applying it with Package manager.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

glennk

Many thanks, that has worked well and it was very simple to do.

Best regards - Glenn

Norv

Cheers, good to hear you got it done:)

I'll be marking the topic as solved on the basis of the last post.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: