News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

My statement to SMF

Started by BMW-Guy, April 12, 2005, 05:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMW-Guy

I want to also thank the developers for their constant and consistent progress in the overall development of SMF. You guys just keep churning out updates -- both critical updates and bug-fix updates.

I used to be a hardcore PhpBB activist, but my faith in them has grown weak when I'm seeing very little progress being made in the development department. In the mean time, SMF has continued to go to great lengths to ensure that there is a FREE bulliten-board out there that actually offers some decent features.

Honestly, if it was not for SMF, we would have to choose between paying lots of $$$ to get a half-way decent forum-system (I give you the over-priced vBulliten), or just live with having to use a free forum-system that never, ever gets updated by it's developers (i.e. PhpBB).

.....Okay, that was the good news.

Now, for a very serious warning to all of SMF's staff:

Don't EVER, (and I mean, EVER!) go out-of-business, stop offering SMF for free, or simply just quit! :D :D

.....or, at least not until I have learned enough PHP to build my own bulliten-board system from scratch!  ;)

My Point:
......nice work, SMF staff. The net needs more people like you. Thanks!
:)

I get paid to drive Porsches!

Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts. Philosophy is not a body of
doctrine but an activity. A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
Philosophy does not result in 'philosophical propositions', but rather in the clarification of
propositions. Without philosophy thoughts are, as it were, cloudy and indistinct: its task is to make them clear and to give them sharp boundaries.
~ (Tractatus Logico Philosophicus; Wittgenstein)

[Unknown]

Don't worry, we don't plan to go out of business anytime soon.

-[Unknown]

NoRad

If you did, I'd have to hunt you all down, kidnap you, and lock you in a room full of computers with the explicit instructions to continue coding or you'll get no pudding for the evening.  :P

[Unknown]

I don't get any pudding in the evenings now!!  That sounds like a step up!

Okay, we're shutting down.

-[Unknown]

Kerry Jones

one of these days i'm gonna have to send the SMF Development Team some homemade beef jerky. Coders need to eat and beef jerky is a snack food while doing it. I just need to buy a dehydrator and a vaccum sealer. :D

If I did end up sending Jerky i'd probably do a BBQ Honey Glaze.

xenovanis

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 18, 2005, 11:38:06 AM
I don't get any pudding in the evenings now!!  That sounds like a step up!

Okay, we're shutting down.

-[Unknown]

Here you go

Please don't quit...    :D
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Joseph

Quote from: Kerry Jones on April 18, 2005, 12:47:25 PM
one of these days i'm gonna have to send the SMF Development Team some homemade beef jerky. Coders need to eat and beef jerky is a snack food while doing it. I just need to buy a dehydrator and a vaccum sealer. :D

If I did end up sending Jerky i'd probably do a BBQ Honey Glaze.
LOL I'd take some jerky. LOL

Great post - thanks, you made my day. :)
Joseph Fung
Co-Founder & CEO, Kiite
Co-Founder TribeHR, Lewis Media, SMF

BMW-Guy

Hey, send me some too! I live for beef jerky.

............Ironically, I know a lot of jerks who expect me to listen to their beefing about their life....

okay, that was lame....I'll shut-up now. promise. ;)
I get paid to drive Porsches!

Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts. Philosophy is not a body of
doctrine but an activity. A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
Philosophy does not result in 'philosophical propositions', but rather in the clarification of
propositions. Without philosophy thoughts are, as it were, cloudy and indistinct: its task is to make them clear and to give them sharp boundaries.
~ (Tractatus Logico Philosophicus; Wittgenstein)

NoRad

ryanbsoftware

Quote from: BMW-Guy on April 18, 2005, 06:05:59 PM
I'll shut-up now. promise. ;)

YAY!! it's about time, LOL, :D

BTW i prefer a caffeinated drink and junk food myself, but i guess php coders only get jerky, lol :D

Advertisement: