Nerdy Request - Aion Syndication

Started by Upem, August 13, 2009, 11:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upem

Will do :] You will get full credit as well

Arantor

Just a headsup where things are.

The 1.1 version is complete, it works including the full magic syndication (it's on par with the vBulletin and MyBB versions). It works for all 5 tags, including all the querying.

I asked Upem to confirm on my behalf whether I can reuse the images for the BBcodes - due to how SMF works as far as I know you can't use external images so I will have to include those in the mod itself.

If I find I can't use them, I'll just have to use some alternative icons.

I will modify this to also be 2.0 compatible tomorrow - it's time for bed now.

EDIT: 2.0 version completed too. I'm just waiting on the OK to redistribute the images before supplying the mod for approval.

Largo_npc

Those images are provided for Syndication, so it should be all good to use them

Upem

Not to mention two devs have lurked on my forum post where I am asking permission to use the images but have yet to reply. I honestly dont think they would make a huge deal of it but, if permissions is 100% needed then, we wait :]

Arantor

The issue isn't using them, unfortunately. I'm specifically including them in the mod .zip file - not just hotlinking. So unfortunately I have to have permission to redistribute those files, though of course the site will be credited.

Upem

hxxp:www.aionsource.com/forum/aionarmory/36627-image-use-question-aionarmory-admins-devs.html#post892528 [nonactive] 

Curse Network dev approved.

Arantor

Largo_npc

How long does it usually take for mods to be approved?

Arantor

As long as it takes, I'm afraid. I believe there's a queue of a few days at present though.

Largo_npc

That's fair enough. I just wanted to point it out incase something was wrong :>

Arantor

No, it's still pending approval, I'm afraid.

As soon as it is approved I'll post back - upon approval mod authors receive a PM so I will be notified.

Arantor

Largo_npc

I get a white screen when I try to Install it and before that I get 4 "Modification parse error"'s in the list of files.

Loads of mods are doing this. I'm using 2.0 rc1.2

1. Execute Modification install20.xml Modification parse error
2. Execute Modification install20.xml Modification parse error
3. Execute Modification english.xml Modification parse error
4. Execute Modification english.xml Modification parse error

Arantor

If you're getting that with loads of mods it means there's something astray elsewhere. I note also that you have two lots of modifications being listed - install20.xml and english.xml are both listed twice.

We've seen this reported elsewhere too, and no-one really knows how to fix it right now, I think :(

Largo_npc

That sucks :(

Ah well, I've managed to do the manual install with no problems. Works really well, nice work dude.

Arantor

Any problems with the mod please do post in its own thread.

Advertisement: