How long before you call it quits?

Started by chrishicks, August 14, 2009, 01:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrishicks

Bumping this because I just couldn't believe this when I read it. A forum member forwarded this PM to me this morning from some guy who constantly sends her PMs.

Quotewell there is no where for people to talk on here beside the forum or whatever and i hate that sh**.. If u wanna talk get some kind of messenger and we can talk on there.. but i doubt u do that either..

(I censored the swear as it wasn't in the actual message.)

Now can you say WTF? What's the purpose of being on a forum(complete with a chat by the way) and then have that kind of attitude? Now things like this will make you want to give up at times.

Arantor

Indeed, and that kind of attitude will not only hurt those it hits directly, but will affect others around them too.

Does that person want individual 1:1 communication? He's probably at the wrong site for him.

chrishicks

From what I gather this person(as well as a few others) want 1:1 communication but with multiple people(females). Think of it like like a cheater. They stay in PM and try to work different angles with different members to see if any of them will bite. It won't work if they post in public as it's there for everyone to see if you get what I'm saying. This was one of my main reasons for the mod request I made the other day. I don't want to outright ban these people because who knows what kind of negative feedback they could spread around about my site and the mod could just be stated as a feature "upgrade" so to speak. I'd rather just have them move away quietly because of them not wanting to do any actual posting. And then if they cause a visible scene where everyone sees a ban won't be a big deal.

Jamie1200

Quote from: Lautermilch on August 25, 2009, 10:20:35 PM
Quote from: anunlike on August 25, 2009, 11:35:44 AM
Quote from: Jamie1200 on August 21, 2009, 06:05:29 PMThis is absoulty terrifying! Im not scared of Swine Flu, but the media are blowing it out of proportion and making the whole situation worse than it really is. TBH how many people die of normal FLu each year? and that never ever gets mentioned in the news paper, H1N1 is the new flu if you ask me.

The CDC puts it at ~ 36,000 a year [nofollow] in the US alone that die from the "normal" seasonal flu and flu like (related) causes. Thus far, there's only been ~ 500 in the US alone associated with the Swine Flu. I agree, at least so far, it's been blown out of proportion.

Here's an interesting article [nofollow] which claims numbers and stats of other "normal" leading killers.

Sorry to go off-topic, just wanted to answer that.

The death toll is rising - http://thintheherd.info/index.php?board=2.0 [nofollow]
School infections are happening.
It is going to get a lot worse with the mutated H1N1 2.0 version.
well to be honest i think its going to fizzle out, like the "great" bird flu pandemic, foot and mouth and every other disease going around.

Warrantica

My forum is all about drawing comics and stuff so it won't be so active as they are, of course, drawing  :P

It will give up if I die before anyone post anything lol.

Advertisement: