News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leratg

Sorry I have no time to do a correction on this mod at this time.
I only hide the selectbox with choices it makes a comment available (comment + multiple subscription).

I don't play with confirmation. I fixed confirmation to 0 day, and it seems to work as well.

stefan_boy

Quote from: hcfwesker on January 13, 2012, 10:14:58 AM
Read the READ ME file, you have to change some settings in the Calendar setting in AdminCP to make it work properly.  And you have to assign a board that created events will post to.

I have just found this Mod and have the same problem not getting the register button, i have read the hole READ ME file like you said but it does not say anywhere that i have to change anything, there is only a changelog in the READ ME file i have for some reason.
I have tried different themes as well but no change.

Please tell me what i have to change to get it to work.

pftq

You have to show linked posts to calendar events in your Admin settings.

IamJaysta

Is there a way to move the linked event registration to the left block section vs the top??  I have many registrations and it pushes the topic down.

pftq

That's controlled by your theme - I believe it's in the Display.template file.

IamJaysta

Is there a reference that you have that I can change this?  I am fairly new to this and do not know a lot of coding, but willing to learn if you point me to the right direction.

I am currently using the default theme.

pftq

Hi - it's less coding and more HTML/CSS.  The exact part of the code where this mod is located can be found in Display.template where it says // pftq (I generally try to make the mod changes obvious).

IamJaysta

I've tried many different things and asked on all over different forums.

I simply want to put the linked events into a left block portal.  Also, if you could add custom fields that registrants can add.  That would be great!

EX:

ShockTekJay (GOLD) (CLAN SHOCKTEK)

If we could just add custom fields that'll be awesome!

Kindred

ummmm....   are you talking about these registered-signup events or general events?

If general events, then you should be asking in either the portal thread or the smf coding area. This thread is for support of the event registration mod, not general event coding.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

72 454

Quote from: pftq on August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM
SMF 2.0 is not and will not be supported. Dont bother asking.

Is this still in effect? The Mod site shows it supports version 2.02. Doesn't work with my 2.02...
SMF 2.0.11

butchs

Bummer, and I was just about ready to get excited!

Such a cool sounding mod too...   :'(
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Kindred

There is Los another event registration mod, with similar option, but a different implemention style
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

OCJ

That message was in 2009.... see the mod page:

QuoteMod Name:
    Event Registration Mod
Created By:
    pftq
Type:
    New Feature
First Created:
    July 24, 2009, 08:48:12 AM
Last Modified:
    January 26, 2012, 12:57:18 AM
Latest Version:
Compatible With:
    1.1.10, 1.1.14, 1.1.15, 1.1.16, 2.0.1, 2.0.2

CraftyLion

This mod looks very promising and I uploaded it this morning. However, I'm having trouble activating it. I must be missing something here. How exactly does it work? 

Kindred

kimba - which mod did you install? This one or the one from hoverclub? --- they are different mods.
Слaва
Украинi

CraftyLion

pftq

Make sure you have "Show linked events in topic display" enabled under Calendar settings.

Abavagada

I had installed the Beta 174 version of this before, and uninstalled it today.
I tried to install this one on my 1.1.16 SMF board, and it gave me errors (which I expected.. my board is heavily modded).

However, one error is that it can't find Sources/Subs-Calender.php. Confused by this, I checked my server and local computer.. there is no such file. I downloaded the SMF 1.1.16 install zip, thinking I had somehow deleted that file. However, there is no such file in there either.

Where is Subs-Calendar.php?

Kindred

I believe that is only in 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

pftq

The latest version for smf1 is .174; the smf2 version is for smf2 but it is identical to .174 in features.

Advertisement: