Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExSpirit

Quote from: rcgearing on September 08, 2009, 03:22:46 PM
Hi, thank you so much for your work. This does not seem to work on my 1.1.10 forum. The buttons are blank. Even after I uninstalled all other MODs. I hope someone is kind enough to fix this because I can't wait to use this MOD. Thanks!
What language do you use on the forum? If you use other language as English you will have to open Modifications language file (Modifications.yourlanguage.php) and add those lines in:

$txt['register_mod_registered'] = 'Registered';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmed'] = 'Unconfirmed';
$txt['register_mod_confirmed'] = 'Confirmed';
$txt['register_mod_registerButtonValue'] = 'Register';
$txt['register_mod_confirmButton'] = 'Confirm';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmButton'] = 'Unconfirm';
$txt['register_mod_unregisterButton'] = 'Unregister';
$txt['register_mod_unconfirmWarning'] = 'If you unconfirm you may loose your spot!';
$txt['register_mod_areYouSure'] = 'Are you sure?';
$txt['register_mod_unregisterWarning'] = 'If you unregister you will loose your spot!';
$txt['register_mod_maxAttendants'] = 'Max Attendants';
$txt['register_mod_alreadyRegistered'] = 'You\'ve already registered for this event';
$txt['register_mod_haventRegistered'] = 'You havent registered for this event yet';
$txt['register_mod_nameHeader'] = 'Name';
$txt['register_mod_statusHeader'] = 'Status';
$txt['register_mod_closed'] = 'Registrations have closed';
$txt['register_mod_logintext'] = 'Please <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">login</a> or <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">register</a> to sign up for this event.';
$txt['register_mod_pmReg'] = 'PM Registered';
$txt['register_mod_pmCon'] = 'PM Confirmed';
$txt['register_mod_pmUnCon'] = 'PM Unconfirmed';
$txt['register_mod_daysSort'] = 'Days before sorting registrations:';
$txt['register_mod_daysConfirm'] = 'Days before allowing confirmation:';
$txt['register_mod_daysClosed'] = 'Days before closing registrations:';
$txt['register_mod_iAgree'] = 'I Agree';
$txt['register_mod_iDisagree'] = 'I Disagree';
$txt['register_mod_termsAndConditions'] = 'Terms and Conditions:';
$txt['register_mod_termsAndConditionsHeader'] = 'Terms and Conditions';

Grendor

Hello,

First let me say great mod thanks for making it.

I do have a suggestion or request about options for it if they can be done, i will list example below and a bit more detail.

Column 1      |Column 2           |Column 3          | Column 4 | Column 5   |Column 6
               User name     | Character name |Character class    | Level       |Spec           |  Guild
Row 1:     Hotdog          | Texnok              |Wizard               |  80          | dps            | Zrebnif
Row 2:     Leggo            | clapnow             | Druid                |  79           | Healing      | Gregtog
ect:

Trying to use for guild and alliance setup for raids ect But i need a few of those other columns and for some of them would like a selectable option that I could add my own choices.  I would be willing to make a donation to you for adjusting your mod a bit to suit my needs. I am not sure how hard it is to make changes like i am suggesting  but please let me know if you could do them.

Thanks in advance
Grendor

NCSurfer

Nice Mod, but is there a way to break down the event into time slots so people can register for an event every 30 minutes during a period of 12 hours on a day?

Thanks

TeeJay

Help !
I only seem to get a register/unregister button but no confirm button, it doen't seem to matter how many days I set for the confirmation
All registrants show as unconfirmed ?

I'm sure it must be that I'm doing something wrong ?

Great mod, very usefull, looking forward to new options etc

PaulThePhotographer

Quote from: SWR on August 29, 2009, 10:59:07 PM

Still like to know why all I get is "Registrations Have Closed"???

I am getting the same thing.

If I set it to any day after today in Sept (it is now 9/26/09) it allows registration, but if I set it to any day AFTER September (Oct 1,2009) it says "Registration Closed" no matter what I put in the options fields.

Any Ideas??

videoh1

Would be great to see this mod for 2.0 RC1.2.
These are not the droids you are looking for...

clewis789

i am the admin and i made a post with this and i cant see the register button and i cant see who has registered i only pot it up today and the event is on the 20th of november and most of the details are about 5 days before, how come i cant see it ?

is it only members that can ? if so why
My Mods:

Playstation 3 Avatars - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2150

Xbox 360 Avatars - Will be up very soon.

Nintendo Wii Avatars - Coming Soon

ExSpirit

kripz any news about new version? It's been more than a month since last update  ;)

clewis789

my mod does not work it does not have the sign up button, what is wrong ?
My Mods:

Playstation 3 Avatars - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2150

Xbox 360 Avatars - Will be up very soon.

Nintendo Wii Avatars - Coming Soon

kripz

Probably because you are using a theme.

Quotekripz any news about new version? It's been more than a month since last update

Progress is slow, life is busy, death of a friend etc etc.

I've finished adding instant confirmations, optional T&C and now adding an option to make ERM optional for events.

RustyBarnacle

cryptoknight

Quote from: Grendor on September 09, 2009, 11:54:24 AM
Hello,

First let me say great mod thanks for making it.

I do have a suggestion or request about options for it if they can be done, i will list example below and a bit more detail.

Column 1      |Column 2           |Column 3          | Column 4 | Column 5   |Column 6
               User name     | Character name |Character class    | Level       |Spec           |  Guild
Row 1:     Hotdog          | Texnok              |Wizard               |  80          | dps            | Zrebnif
Row 2:     Leggo            | clapnow             | Druid                |  79           | Healing      | Gregtog
ect:

Trying to use for guild and alliance setup for raids ect But i need a few of those other columns and for some of them would like a selectable option that I could add my own choices.  I would be willing to make a donation to you for adjusting your mod a bit to suit my needs. I am not sure how hard it is to make changes like i am suggesting  but please let me know if you could do them.

Thanks in advance
Grendor

That's awesome I was going to ask for the same thing to allow people to register for RPGA Living Forgotten Realms Adventures.

I could come up with a database schema to support this if necessary.

Something like

event_fields(eventid int, eventfield_id int, eventfield varchar(100))

event_field_values(
eventid int,
eventfield_id int,
event_attendee int,
eventfield_value varchar(100))

Beadan

I'm having a few problems with this mod.  It installs and passes all tests on my 1.1.10 version of the forum.
But once I go to the calendar and click "new event", it comes up with the following:

Number of days:1
No text : 50
No text : 7
No text : 4
No text : o
No Text : a comment box
Post in : bla bla bla

Where I typed "no text", there is nothing, blank.  I can figure the numbers from the readme, 50 being how many people etc.

Once posted I can go into the event and see the new added feature at the top.  But the buttons are all blank.  Checking the code the values taken to the front are blank.  When I click on the blank buttons a few things happen but in the end it doesn't completely work.

I've gone through the code and even tried to change parts where it says "You\'ve" to "You have" with no avail.  I have gone through it a few times but i can't pick up any obvious problems.

PS
I'm using version 0.17, and got the same with 0.16.  And my theme is the first basic, I have also tested with different themes with no avail.
I'm also using English.

Any ideas where I can start to look or maybe how to fix this?  I really want this to get working as this will be a major benefit to my forum!

TonyL

Great mod - the only thing I'd need to be able to use it properly would be membergroup permissions added.   :D

RustyBarnacle

Quote from: Beadan on October 14, 2009, 07:58:39 AM
I'm having a few problems with this mod.  It installs and passes all tests on my 1.1.10 version of the forum.
But once I go to the calendar and click "new event", it comes up with the following:

Number of days:1
No text : 50
No text : 7
No text : 4
No text : o
No Text : a comment box
Post in : bla bla bla

Where I typed "no text", there is nothing, blank.  I can figure the numbers from the readme, 50 being how many people etc.

Once posted I can go into the event and see the new added feature at the top.  But the buttons are all blank.  Checking the code the values taken to the front are blank.  When I click on the blank buttons a few things happen but in the end it doesn't completely work.

I've gone through the code and even tried to change parts where it says "You\'ve" to "You have" with no avail.  I have gone through it a few times but i can't pick up any obvious problems.

PS
I'm using version 0.17, and got the same with 0.16.  And my theme is the first basic, I have also tested with different themes with no avail.
I'm also using English.

Any ideas where I can start to look or maybe how to fix this?  I really want this to get working as this will be a major benefit to my forum!

Beadan, if you check your current theme's directory you will find language files.  Check the edits in this mod for the updates to the language files and add them to your theme.  Most themes use the default language files which is why this is something few people would experience.

improv

Hey I'm having a fast question.
Is it possible to show a member what he signed up for?

kripz

Personal things have come up/happened and i've lost interest in the mod.

I've attached what i've been working on, it has some code that is unfinished and useless, though it wont affect anything. I think the last things i added were optional T&C and some other feature.

If anyone wants to continue it, feel free.

ExSpirit

Oh no, kripz you are giving up? Why? It's a great mod it would be a big waste to give up  :(

VSharks

Thanks for the great mod :D

It seems you may not be supporting it anymore, could anyone/you point me in the direction of how I can implement this into another theme?

Also, sorry to hear about your loss. :(

ricardo35

What could be the problem of the ''REGISTER'' button not showing up?
All I am getting is the regular event title.

I can put in all information such as max attendees etc. in the event. But there is no register button or any other button showing up?

Advertisement: