News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

droganto

This will be a great mod for my site since all we do are events and meetups.

Sakae

For everybody, I think!

I was looking my whole SMF-life and never got this, even when I used SMF 1... :(
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

droganto

So I guess I wont have My mod :(

Tyrsson

It will be ready by the time 2.0 goes final.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

droganto

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on June 06, 2010, 11:01:45 AM

Ok that's better news, at least there's hope  :D

Sakae

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, sorry for SPAM, but this news is SPAM-AZING... Duh!
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

exteeyou

digit

I was about to download and install this but it sounds like you are about to release a new version...   could you give me some idea of when you expect the next version to be released?

Thanks!
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

improv

Like next year.
Lol.

Tyrsson

Since I am currently making some time to update mods etc and start a few new ones hopefully it will not be long. However, I am only going to update it to the 2.0 ONE TIME until final :)

SilverWings

Tyrsson™, will you make any updates for this mod which ware requested or will it stay as it is?

Tyrsson

I am in the process of updating it now. No idea when I will be finished with it as there are some new features being added as well.

exteeyou

Okay, its been two weeks. Any progress?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tyrsson

Quote from: exteeyou on July 15, 2010, 12:31:46 PM
Okay, its been two weeks. Any progress?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Its closer than it was ;)

Crazyhowie

Quote from: pythias on January 15, 2010, 12:33:24 PM
K an update on what I have done...........I looked at the modified display.template.php from the source directory on my server and made those changes to the one in the theme directory.......no issues it seems.  But there is no post.templete.php nor calendar.templete.php in the theme directory to modify.  Nor is there any of the other ones........which I take is why the modification does not work with the theme?  I copied those files over from the default theme to the current theme, but doesn't seem to make a difference.....soooo

What should I do now.  Site runs fine, just cannot see the confim button when not in default theme.

Also tried the SMF Package Parser to try to help.   But same results, it is asking me to modify those files from the theme directory that did not exist.

Quoting this because I'm having similar issues in regards to using this mod with custom themes and it doesn't appear that Pythias figured it out.

I got this mod to run on SMF 1.1.11 and it works perfectly on the default theme.  Are there any solid instructions or tips on getting this to work on a custom theme?  Other than modifying the "display.template.php" the same way you do for the default theme, I'm at a loss of what other changes should be made.  Do the custom themes use the functionality of the files: "post.template.php" and "calendar.template.php", which is why they don't have their own?

Just curious if anyone has had success or can point me in the right direction to get this working.  I've read through the entire thread a couple times, but it's possible I've missed something =/.

I've been looking for something like this for a long while and this is the first I've seen of this type of mod for SMF.  Anyways, great mod and I would love to get this up and running for my forums!  Thanks.

KensonPlays

I am marking this to "notify"

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

rickwright67

I downloaded the mod and used the package manager in admin to upload it. But it would not install. Said "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF". But this makes no sense since it clearly says it works with 1.1.10 and my SMF site runs 1.1.11 which others in this thread should be no problem.

Any ideas? or is there a better way to install this?

pftq

I am using this just fine with 1.1.11 - maybe redownload incase it really is corrupt?

If you still have issues with it, you can try the modified one I am using:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=331107.msg2426792#msg2426792

It should be identical (as far as compatibility goes), but that is the exact file I have installed.

rickwright67

Quote from: pftq on July 29, 2010, 12:41:39 PM
I am using this just fine with 1.1.11 - maybe redownload incase it really is corrupt?

Thanks for the reply. Tried that. Even unzipped then created my own new zip file. No joy. Kinda stumped.

Will try your modified version. Thanks!

Update: That appeared to do the trick. Not sure why. But grateful nonetheless.

stefann

Great to see you taking over this mod for 2.0 Tyrsson™, it looks quite promising for a lot of sites.

Two hopefully minor feature requests for when 2.0 goes stable:
1. Could there be a method to notify people in specific usergroups about the creation of an event by PM or perhaps direct email?
2. Allow moderators/event creators to message people attached to an event, which perhaps could also be automated (with confirmation) if event details are changed?

I look forward to using this and perhaps contributing once I move to 2.0  :)
full time lurker on freenode #smf

Advertisement: