News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

improv

exteeyou

News would be nice...

I hope it isn't the usualy info-less news either... :)

Uhura!

SMF 1.1.11

One of my users reported trouble seeing the registration button (no one else is having the issue)

Some errors:

User   Today at 03:28:52 PM 
IP redacted     aa7ae96a4ac1d399c66be4420796d3e9 
http://ourmomspot.net/community/index.php?topic=5358.0 
8: Undefined index: register_mod_registerButtonValue
File: /home/ourmo0/public_html/community/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php (eval?)
Line: 236

User   Today at 03:27:09 PM 
IP redacted     aa7ae96a4ac1d399c66be4420796d3e9 
http://ourmomspot.net/community/index.php?topic=5358.new;topicseen 
8: Undefined index: register_mod_registerButtonValue
File: /home/ourmo0/public_html/community/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php (eval?)
Line: 236

Any ideas as to what the issue is?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Zirc

I didn't see if this was requested yet for SMF 2.0 but would it be possible to add Admin and Moderator approvals for registrations?

I plan on using this mod on my guild website for event signups and usually more people signup for events than there are spots available. So it would be nice to have signups show as (unapproved) next to the members name in the registration and when the Admin or Moderator looks at the event there would be a dropdown box next to each registrant with the options (approved) (waitlisted) and (denied).  Then depending on the action of the Admin/Moderator it would change from (unapproved) to whatever was selected in the dropdown box.

There are other things I would like but they are too specific for general use so I will muddle around with those once the final version is released.

Thanks

Tyrsson

Working on admin/mod management within this to broaden what can and can not be done based on usergroup perms. Its one of the things that is slowing it down a little.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Sakae

Don't mean to be boring, but... Any prospects, Tyrsson?

I'm really looking forward to use this mod!
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Kat9119

Want to use this with 1.1.11, from other posts I see it works fine on the default theme. But of course I'm not using the default theme. And there are no parse directions for 1.1.11. So, any ideas on what I'd edit for my custom theme?

Zirc

Quote from: Kat9119 on September 24, 2010, 05:56:12 PM
Want to use this with 1.1.11, from other posts I see it works fine on the default theme. But of course I'm not using the default theme. And there are no parse directions for 1.1.11. So, any ideas on what I'd edit for my custom theme?

I would parse the 1.1.10 and use those edits.  I'm pretty sure thats what I did on my 1.1.11 site.  Just make sure you backup before you do them incase something goes wrong but I have this mod working on my production site right now.

Kat9119

EDIT: Got it working! Thanks.  ;)

Virgil83

I have been using the Event Registration Mod on my forum for several months now, and am very happy with the functionality, bar two minor problems...

The first is one that has been mentioned in this thread time and time again, that being that on the day of the event, even when the "Days before closing registrations" field is set to zero, forum users are unable to register for the event on the day it is set to occur.  I noted an earlier reply about making modifications to the forum database to allow negative (eg -1) settings for this field, however even after these modifications, I am still getting registration closed messages when trying to create events and register for them on the day of the event.

The second was mentioned at the start of the thread, however I have been unable to locate any replies... and the issue I'm experiencing is that when an event is created in the following month (say, for example, I was to register an event for the 1st of October, with today being the 25th of September), I would not be able to register for the event, even though it is less than 7 days away... and for the rest of the month, right through until the day before the event, I still can't register for it.  It appears as though the mod doesn't recognize months? 

If anyone here, more skilled and able than I, could assist me, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Kat9119

Quote from: Virgil83 on September 25, 2010, 04:39:26 AM
The second was mentioned at the start of the thread, however I have been unable to locate any replies... and the issue I'm experiencing is that when an event is created in the following month (say, for example, I was to register an event for the 1st of October, with today being the 25th of September), I would not be able to register for the event, even though it is less than 7 days away... and for the rest of the month, right through until the day before the event, I still can't register for it.  It appears as though the mod doesn't recognize months? 

If anyone here, more skilled and able than I, could assist me, it would be greatly appreciated :)

I added some a couple days ago for events in october (all spread through the months). And set it to register 30 days beforehand and it worked

wilsy

Busy RewindBikers offered to Good Home! 1000+ members, loads of mods, SMF Gallery PRO, TinyPortal installed with great use of blocks, ultimate profiles, PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS (works flawlessly), great theme, 1,500 posts per month - PM or email me if interested.

Neons

Quote from: wilsy on October 17, 2010, 12:35:30 PM
Any news re a release date?
I would love to know this too.
We're using SMF 2.0 RC3 and this mod would be a huge asset to the site!  :)

Sakae

Quote from: neon401 on October 20, 2010, 07:46:38 AM
Quote from: wilsy on October 17, 2010, 12:35:30 PM
Any news re a release date?
I would love to know this too.
We're using SMF 2.0 RC3 and this mod would be a huge asset to the site!  :)

Quoting that! :)
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

oridyne

Installed this today now getting these in the error log:
(Using pftq's modded version)

8: Undefined index: termsAndCond
File: /home/bigbangb/public_html/Forum/Sources/Calendar.php
Line: 643

8: Undefined index: daysClosed
Line: 642

8: Undefined index: daysConfirm
Line: 641

8: Undefined index: daysSort
Line: 640

8: Undefined index: maxAttendants
Line: 639 

No errors on install, running Enterprise theme

Mods installed:

1. RateThatTopic 1.0 
2. New In Topic View 1.1 
3. Who Voted What? 1.1.3 
4. Inline Hover Spoiler 1.2 
5. SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update 1.0 
6. Witch Law 1.1 
7. Karma On Memberlist 1.0 
8. Spam Me Not Mod 1.02 
9. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.17 
10. SMF 1.0.17 / 1.1.9 / 2.0 RC1 Update 1.0 
11. SMF 1.0.17 / 1.1.9 / 2.0 RC1 Update 1.0 
12. Custom Board Sort 1.0.1 
13. Advanced Recent-Posts 1.1 
14. User Info In Place Of SMF Logo 1.0    {not Applied}
15. No More Ugly Avatar Scrollbars 1.0 
16. Googlebot & Spiders Mod 2.0.4 
17. Dice Roller BBcode 1.2 
18. SMF Links 2.1.2 
19. SMF 1.0.16 / 1.1.8 Update 1.0 
20. Welcome Topic Mod 1.1 
21. SMF Gallery Lite 1.9.4 
22. Users Online Today Mod 1.4.0 
23. SMF 1.0.18 / 1.1.10 / 2.0 RC1-2 Update 1.0 
24. vMulticolor-Stars Mod 0.99 
25. Karma Description Mod 2.3.1 
26. Anti-Spam Verification Questions 1.02 
27. Spiders Don't Increase Topic Views 1.1 
28. Event Registration Mod 0.17m BETA 
29. SMF File Manager 2.1.2 
30. Alternate Latest Post Display 1.00   

Attached Calendar.php

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Big Bang Burger Bar

oridyne

Found a workaround for the errors in the log by adding 'isset' to the code in calendar.php

'maxAttendants' => isset ($_REQUEST['maxAttendants']),
   'daysSort' => isset ($_REQUEST['daysSort']),
   'daysConfirm' => isset ($_REQUEST['daysConfirm']),
   'daysClosed' => isset ($_REQUEST['daysClosed']),
   'termsAndCond' => isset ($_REQUEST['termsAndCond']),

But the problem is when you click on a date in the calendar the values are not set to the defaults but blank. (Picture Attached).

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Big Bang Burger Bar

Tyrsson

I do not support versions of this mod not by the original author or released myself. As for a release date for a new version. RC4 public was just released which means good things, however I am not able to code much these days due to just getting out of the hospitol, will work on it as soon as I get back to being able.

-Tyrsson

wilsy

Could this niot be handed over to someone who has time. No disrespect but this has dragged on ...and on ...and on ...and on ;)

Busy RewindBikers offered to Good Home! 1000+ members, loads of mods, SMF Gallery PRO, TinyPortal installed with great use of blocks, ultimate profiles, PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS (works flawlessly), great theme, 1,500 posts per month - PM or email me if interested.

Tyrsson

It will be released when 2.0 goes final. You know, we have lives, not all of us are going to update major mods for every version as we simply do not have time for it. Do you realize I have 4 kids, I work, and volunteer here and write free mods. And just got out of the hospital after major surgery due to a ruptured appendix. I still have staples and a drain coming out of my side.

What else do you want?

droganto

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on November 14, 2010, 12:02:11 PM
It will be released when 2.0 goes final. You know, we have lives, not all of us are going to update major mods for every version as we simply do not have time for it. Do you realize I have 4 kids, I work, and volunteer here and write free mods. And just got out of the hospital after major surgery due to a ruptured appendix. I still have staples and a drain coming out of my side.

What else do you want?

He only suggested that if you dont have the time which it seems you dont because of your response, if some one else that dont have those commitments like you do can continue the project. No need to get defensive. Like you said, we dont know what goes on the life you chosen, so if someone else can, will take a way that pressure out of your list. If the issue is money (since we know coding is hard to do and time consuming) put a price and Im sure if is worth it people will contribute.

Advertisement: