News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oridyne

Thanks for the updates looking really good and I really like the additional signup option, nicely implemented.

One small question, I tried adding Terms & Conditions and when I click on either "I Agree" it does not appear to register me for the event. If I clear the T&Cs it works, am I doing something wrong?

Sorry...

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Big Bang Burger Bar

pftq

No need to apologize - it's great you're finding these bugs.  :)

I don't use the T&C often, so I accidentally forgot to update that part of the code.  It's fixed now though - if you just replace the TermsAndConditions.template.php in Themes/default/ with the updated one, it will work fine.  You don't have to reinstall the entire package.

If you want to know what changed specifically, I just added the following to the form in that theme file:
<input type="hidden" value="',$_POST['Registrant'],'" name="Registrant" />
<input type="hidden" name="ID_SIGNUP" value="',$ID_MEMBER,'" />

Thanks!

oridyne

Hi,

Another quick one if I try to edit someone else's event or an event I have linked to someone else's post I do not see the event registration fields?

Not a problem just curious if this is meant to happen, I'm doing something wrong or a feature I may wish to ask very nicely for :)

Big Bang Burger Bar

pftq

Hi, I noticed that as well.  However I tried uninstalling the mod and still got the same problem, so I was guessing it's something that normally occurs in SMF.  I think it might be a permissions thing, but I'm not sure.

I'll see if I can pinpoint what settings cause this, and if not, maybe make the mod bypass it. :)

pftq

Found the problem.  It's actually an SMF bug but I updated the mod to patch it anyways (link).  It won't hurt when SMF does fix this because it's just a missing set of parenthesis:

Post.php
// If the user doesn't have permission to edit the post in this topic, redirect them.
if ($ID_MEMBER_POSTER != $ID_MEMBER || !allowedTo('modify_own') && !allowedTo('modify_any'))

Should be
// If the user doesn't have permission to edit the post in this topic, redirect them.
if (($ID_MEMBER_POSTER != $ID_MEMBER || !allowedTo('modify_own')) && !allowedTo('modify_any'))

I also updated the mod so that setting maxAttendants to 0 will disable registration for that particular event.  Sometimes the events posted don't always need signups.

oridyne

Thanks ptfq you are a Star..

The new disable option is a bonus, I will be getting a lot of use out of this mod so thanks again for all your efforts.

Big Bang Burger Bar

mikeymx5

Two questions:

1) did you fix the extra fields on every post page problem?

2) Uninstalled the older version and tried to install a newer one and got several install errors.. is this not uninstalling cleanly?

Thanks

TheListener

Mikeymx5

What were the errors you encountered?

mikeymx5

Well it seems that the 1.7 Modified version is for 1.0 - Got confused

So that was all my install errors.

Went back to 1.73 but I have a problem in the create new event screen, its all mis-formatted. Looks fine at the edit view of a already created event. I suspect a code issue.

What is the latest file Im so confused with the 1 version and the rc4 version sharing the same support forum... I would rename it to something obvious.

oridyne

Quote from: mikeymx5 on January 21, 2011, 05:30:51 PM
What is the latest file Im so confused with the 1 version and the rc4 version sharing the same support forum... I would rename it to something obvious.

The current versions of this mod are for SMF 1.x series there currently is no SMF 2.0 as stated here

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on November 14, 2010, 05:46:08 PM
My point is this, and has been stated several times through out this thread. The mod will be updated, and the code is underway, and there has been progress made on it, however, if the update was finished tomorrow I would still not update and release the mod UNTIL 2.0 goes FINAL.

Big Bang Burger Bar

mikeymx5

Quote from: cwhchew on January 04, 2011, 04:03:42 PM
no reply from mod author, so i'm assuming its okay for me to put up modified versions of this awesome mod.

This is the latest version modified by me as of 05-11-2011.

dl.dropbox.com/u/1145024/ERM_0.17BETA_05012011.zip

I have fixed the fields issue.. It looks fine now. I realised i'm not able to modify an event.. anyone facing the same problem ?

You need to change the installer to fix the format of the new even post from the calendar (here is the corrected code) this is only for cwhchew's modified version.
<file name="$themedir/Calendar.template.php">
<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA[ // If this is a new event let the user specify which board they want the linked post to be put into.
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
echo '
<li>
',$txt['register_mod_maxAttendants'],'
<input type="text" name="maxAttendants" maxlength="5" size="30" value="'.$context['event']['maxAttendants'].'" />

</li>

<li>
',$txt['register_mod_daysConfirm'],'
<input type="text" name="daysConfirm" maxlength="5" size="30" value="'.$context['event']['daysConfirm'].'" />
</li>

<li>
',$txt['register_mod_daysSort'],'
<input type="text" name="daysSort" maxlength="5" size="30" value="'.$context['event']['daysSort'].'" />
</li>

<li>
',$txt['register_mod_daysClosed'],'
<input type="text" name="daysClosed" maxlength="5" size="30" value="'.$context['event']['daysClosed'].'" />
</li>

<li>
',$txt['register_mod_termsAndConditions'],'
<textarea class="editor" name="termsAndCond" rows="12" cols="60" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onchange="storeCaret(this);" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++,'">', $context['event']['termsAndCond'], '</textarea>
</li>';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Let also make edit events look the same as create so add this in place of the add on line 396 in the install
<file name="$themedir/Post.template.php">
<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA[ // If this is a new event let the user specify which board they want the linked post to be put into.]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
echo '
<li>
',$txt['register_mod_maxAttendants'],'
<input type="text" name="maxAttendants" maxlength="5" size="30" value="'.$context['event']['maxAttendants'].'" />

</li>

<li>
',$txt['register_mod_daysConfirm'],'
<input type="text" name="daysConfirm" maxlength="5" size="30" value="'.$context['event']['daysConfirm'].'" />
</li>

<li>
',$txt['register_mod_daysSort'],'
<input type="text" name="daysSort" maxlength="5" size="30" value="'.$context['event']['daysSort'].'" />
</li>

<li>
',$txt['register_mod_daysClosed'],'
<input type="text" name="daysClosed" maxlength="5" size="30" value="'.$context['event']['daysClosed'].'" />
</li>

<li>
',$txt['register_mod_termsAndConditions'],'
<textarea class="editor" name="termsAndCond" rows="12" cols="60" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onchange="storeCaret(this);" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++,'">', $context['event']['termsAndCond'], '</textarea>
</li>';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

also you may want to add this to the language file to make it clearer just person pref on that one.
$txt['register_mod_maxAttendants'] = 'Max Attendants (use 0 for no event registration):';

hcfwesker

Quote from: cwhchew on January 04, 2011, 04:03:42 PM
no reply from mod author, so i'm assuming its okay for me to put up modified versions of this awesome mod.

This is the latest version modified by me as of 05-11-2011.

dl.dropbox.com/u/1145024/ERM_0.17BETA_05012011.zip

I have fixed the fields issue.. It looks fine now. I realise i'm not able to modify an event.. anyone facing the same problem ?

A very huge thank you.  And to all who made this possible for RC4 :)

We're upgrading soon, and this was one mod we were sad to not see available from smf2.  So happy to see it's been updated. 

mikeymx5

Unfortunately I still cant get it to work, just to make it look correct :(

The fields are empty and will not change... I'll keep looking to see I can find the error.

Tyrsson

Actually not its not ok to be adding links to modified versions. I was asked by a user to look over some code they were working on, however, I have not had the time to do this yet in full. Remove the links to unofficial versions of the mod, it has not been tested and approved by the team so it should not be linked from this thread.

Thank you.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

TheListener

Tyrsson has every right to request removal of unofficial updates.

He has stated before that the mod will not be updated until 2.0 goes final.

Tyrrson is not the only mod author to make this statement either.

Tyrsson

Its not simply a matter of not wanting the code posted, as that really doesnt bother me too much. The problem is that unless the code is approved by the cust team in the mod review process there is a chance that it could allow for security problems etc. Another issue is that mod authors many times have regular jobs which means we do not have time to update a mod every time a smf version changes. It takes more than that. What most do not know but I will state here is that I am working on making a framework which I can use for most of my mods, this one included, which means many things may change within the code.So it makes sense that I would want to change things as few times as possible between point A and point B, and that is not even thinking about smf versions.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

RustyBarnacle

I'm just glad you're working on this as this is a great mod for those of us that plan events. I'll wait for the tested version.

hcfwesker

I didn't realize the issue.  I have removed the RC4 update, since it was causing too many undefined errors in the Error Log.

Tyrsson™, look forward to your updates.  If I could please request, when you do get time for the SMF2 Final update, can you please make a RC4 update as well.   

pftq

Went ahead and removed the link to the changes I made as per your request Tyrsson.

What would be the process of getting the changes to you to incorporate into the mod? The changes I made are for the 1.x version, so it shouldn't conflict too much with the version you have planned for 2.x hopefully.  I sent you a link to the file I have a couple months back - if you  have a newer version of the 1.x mod than currently on the SMF site, I wouldn't mind helping you merge the changes.

I'm not sure what the policy here is on adding changes to existing mods, but I doubt you'd want to look over every change in code.  Is there a way to get it approved by the SMF team before it gets to you or would you have to do that?

On the other hand, I have gone ahead and also added signup comments to my copy of the mod for those who were requesting it earlier - basically useful for if you want information on the event signups such as dietary restrictions, etc.  I guess contact me via PM for the file since I cannot link it here.

mikeymx5

2.0 is finally out...  can we start bugging you again for a 2.0 update O:)

Advertisement: