News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrsson

Start buggin pftq as he is going to be taking over the mod, just have to find time to change it over.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

pftq

Well, I'd prefer not to get "bugged" but I will see what work's been done so far on the 2.0 version before suggesting any time frames for when it'll be released.  At the moment, I'm still just getting acquainted with SMF2 itself, so I don't want to make any false promises.

Meanwhile, the SMF 1.1.x version has been updated to include the changes I previously posted:
Quote- Allow multiple registrations from the same member, to allow them to sign additional people up.  Optional per event.
- Allow registrations from guests.  Optional per event.
- Allow comments to accompany signups (for additional information such as event needs, etc).
- Admin Register button added, allows you to register or delete other members from the event.
- Admin buttons always visible now, even if Admin isn't registered for the event.
- Allow members with moderating permissions to administrate event sign ups.
- Event administrator can also confirm or cancel any signups on the topic view.
- $timeleft fixed, was originally not ever getting the option to confirm. (Display Source and Template)
- Show number of days remaining before you can confirm. (Display Template and Language files)
- Setting days before confirmation to 0 disables confirmation for the event (hides confirm buttons).
- Setting max attendants to 0 will disable registration for that event (not every event needs signups).
- Post Event page (the one with just event title, no post) does not show event data; sometimes too much clutter when you might not want to link the event to a topic. (Calendar template)
- Event registration options on post event page combined on same lines to save space. (Post template)
- Terms and Conditions don't show if they are blank. (registerEvent.php)

I'm going to try to be a bit more open to suggestions and feedback.  If anyone also makes changes to the mod (as with a few pages back), feel free PM me the code changes and I can see if they fit into the existing mod.

hcfwesker

Good Luck with the 2.0 conversion, pftq!  We've been waiting patiently for this MOD since we lost it when we upgraded from 1.1X to 2.0 , so can't wait, and glad to hear it's under construction.

Dramber

Quote from: hcfwesker on June 19, 2011, 01:39:33 AM
Good Luck with the 2.0 conversion, pftq!  We've been waiting patiently for this MOD since we lost it when we upgraded from 1.1X to 2.0 , so can't wait, and glad to hear it's under construction.
+1

Prids

Terrific Mod.  Thank you.   :)
Sorry if I'm being really dim, but having allowed 'comments' on user registration I can't find where to view them. It's not showing in the 'Linked Event' panel in the thread, nor the * edit in the calendar, nor anywhere I can find in the Admin tabs. (SMF 1.1.14)
Thanx.

[edit later after eureka moment] It doesn't show in the database either[/bonehead edit]

InsomniacP

Hey there pftq, if you could get this ported over to SMF2 RC3 I would be more than happy to make a substantial donation as this would be a perfect MOD for my forum... I used to have the RSVP MOD on my Vbulletin site and really want this for my SMF site...

I appreciate all the work you are doing on this look forward to your results..

Paul
www.gamersrespawn.co.uk 25+ Gaming Community

hcfwesker

Quote from: InsomniacP on July 16, 2011, 01:34:29 PM
Hey there pftq, if you could get this ported over to SMF2 RC3 I would be more than happy to make a substantial donation

Same here, though 2.0 would be even sexier.  :)  Donations are not a problem for me either, even though I've paid others to do interesting mods, only to abandon the project later on :( 

Look forward to any updates you have, pftq

MaxLiao

Yep, I have to say that I can't wait for this mod.  It's the last one I need to make my site complete.  :)

Thanks for all of your hard work and efforts.

leratg

Any news or people ready to do the job?
I can make too a donation for this mod on SMF 2.0.

DasVON

Quote from: hcfwesker on June 19, 2011, 01:39:33 AM

+1

hcfwesker

A month with no updates or word on this ... I getting worried :(

Alpay

Quote from: mikeymx5 on June 16, 2011, 02:19:22 PM
2.0 is finally out...  can we start bugging you again for a 2.0 update O:)

yes please..

Ceryon

what is the current timeframe on this please?

dpiffy

What is the update. I would greatly appreciate a mod like this too. It would be PERFECT for what I am needing and could use.

I understand many volunteer their time for these mods, some may offer to done money, I wouldn't mind doing that either... either way, it has been 4 months since the last communication from the mod creator/editor and about 2 months since the last communication from anybody, period.

Just curious. I stumbled upon this mod accidently and thought it was perfect. Please update us for 2.0!!

mikeymx5

pftq

Hey everyone, good news!

It's now available on SMF2, thanks to floomp for porting it.  All the features (original and added) from SMF1's version are intact so it should be a complete port of the mod. Let us know if anything seems to be off or broken though.

Download is on the same page, just grab the smf2 version:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2024

Sorry for the long wait - again, credit here goes entirely to floomp. :)

hcfwesker

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVe YOU, pftq & floomp!!!!!!!

Fixing to add this and test it out.

Zirc

I have been waiting soooo long for an update to this mod for 2.0.. thank you so much.  This officially makes my day.

Actually I have discovered an issue.. see attached screenshot.  The Link Post to Event check box, Post In selection box and Post button all show above the box where they should be.  It does this on my Default Curve theme as well.

hcfwesker

So far, with testing, I come across one minor errors.

When members add a comment when registering, it doesn't add the comment, but just adds their username where the comment should be.  ( See attachment #1)   I don't plan on using comments, but just wanted to test it out since it was something new.

Other than that, it seems to work great. 

pftq

Ah, the Admin Register doesn't show comments.  The slash means:
(name they signed up as)/(name of member that signed up)

This is so you can tell if one member signed multiple people up.  Sorry for the confusion.

Quote from: hcfwesker on December 04, 2011, 05:38:15 PM
When members add a comment when registering, it doesn't add the comment, but just adds their username where the comment should be.  ( See attachment #1)   I don't plan on using comments, but just wanted to test it out since it was something new.

@Zirc: I'm not getting that here.  This is a screenshot of my core theme.  Can you double-check or maybe another person confirm?

Advertisement: